• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

SCF Game 5 GDT: Penguins 4, Red Wings 3 (3OT)

Rate this topic

We take it Wed, we took took the 1st off, we RRR the better team, we are going to beat them at home.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that game angers me with a passion, i have it on x360 and i'm sick of everyone picking the MUCH OVERRATED penguins, i tried playing as them once (before this series!) just to see how excessively cheap it was, and oh man, they are so fast its unfair. Datsuk and Zetterberg should be 93 or 94 at least, and ozzie should but a 92 or something. Our team is so underrated in that game it's gross, i never see anyone pick the wings and i hear so much bitching about me picking them, sorry i'm not from florida and i pick pittsburgh. suck it

Canucks are the s*** in that game. Only team I play with besides the Caps sometimes.

One more time everybody:

WE. WILL. WIN!*

*In 6

Canucks are the s*** in that game. Only team I play with besides the Caps sometimes.

One more time everybody:

WE. WILL. WIN!*

*In 6

I believe it brother!

i'm glad we didnt go get cases of beer tonight, it would just sit there, lol. AND i can only imagine how pissed the ppl who paid thousands of $s for their tickets for last nights game just to get s*** on.

im playing nhl 08 and playing the pens, and injured sid the kid in the first 2 mins he got layed out by dats

that game angers me with a passion, i have it on x360 and i'm sick of everyone picking the MUCH OVERRATED penguins, i tried playing as them once (before this series!) just to see how excessively cheap it was, and oh man, they are so fast its unfair. Datsuk and Zetterberg should be 93 or 94 at least, and ozzie should but a 92 or something. Our team is so underrated in that game it's gross, i never see anyone pick the wings and i hear so much bitching about me picking them, sorry i'm not from florida and i pick pittsburgh. suck it

Add me on XBL if ya's want to play sometime, assuming my console don't freeze lol. marcaractac is my gamertag, same as my name here Wing vs Wings. We cant lose then!!!! :lol:

Add me on XBL if ya's want to play sometime, assuming my console don't freeze lol. marcaractac is my gamertag, same as my name here Wing vs Wings. We cant lose then!!!! :lol:

lol, for sure we can't, maybe we can get some team play going and just rape everyone that way. My gamertag is "spkng of death"

lol, for sure we can't, maybe we can get some team play going and just rape everyone that way. My gamertag is "spkng of death"

ill add you guys tommorow night some team play sounds great i still need an achievment with game play i believe

Awesome. I guess that means I have to start playing again. It's been a couple months now. Time to work off the rust!! lol

time to win the series on the road for the 4th time this year... anyone else think that this is because the wings like to win in their WHITE JERSEYS? that was a bad decision by the nhl a few years back to switch home and away colors..

time to win the series on the road for the 4th time this year... anyone else think that this is because the wings like to win in their WHITE JERSEYS? that was a bad decision by the nhl a few years back to switch home and away colors..

Yeah, that's just completely stupid to randomly change things like that. They must have thought it would sell more jerseys or they wouldn't have done it.

Well, it was hard to fall asleep last night. I was all worked up, major anxiety going on. I woke up anxious as well.

For the first time in this series, I'm pretty worried. If the wings bounce back and win one in Pitt to win the cup, I will be absolutely shocked. And then it's back here for game 7 where anything can happen. We could have just had the cup snatched from our hands just like that. I'm particularly nervous about a game 7 because apparently the Red Wings play very nervous in front of their home crowd. This isn't the first time we've seen them play nervous. They were like that in game 5 up 3-1 against Dallas. Yes, we did go back there to win, but this isn't exactly the same situation. There's much more on the line.

I hope we can find it to get our spirits back up and put this away in game 6. I don't really want to see a game 7.

I will say that I am impressed with Babcock in his press conference. He will have this team ready to play in the next game.

Yeah, I'm sure he'll pull out some motivational tactics that he purposefully held back from the team before last nights stellar first period!!!!!

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere. "

Thats the best quote I have heard this playoff run.

Make no mistake about it, the Wings played sloppy in the first period resulting in the Pens taking a 2-0 lead. In the second period, they started to wake up, but still trailed. In the 3rd they came alive and came ready to play the game. They took a 3-2 lead, and then sat back and tried to play D.

Overall, I am very disappointed with the wings effort. They expected the Pens to just sit on their asses and let the Wings win the game. They didn't expect the Pens to come out with a strong effort and try to win the game. That is downright shameful. Even with the Wings puting 1 in their own net, and playing that sloppy, they came out in the 3rd period and dominated.

That should really piss every wings fan off. To see just how dominating they are when they put their minds to it. Instead of playing that way for the entire game, they bring it the 3rd period. Make no mistake about it, if the Wings played like that from start to finish every game, they would have swept the Pens. Instead, they play like ass and the general consensus here on these forums are that the Wings lost for other reasons.

Look in the mirror guys. You let them back into this series, and as I said before, this is going 7 games. Especially if you come out and play like you did in Game 5 and Game 3.

I have zero pity for the people who payed $2000 a ticket to watch the Wings last night. With the wings playing like they did, they didn't deserve to hoist the cup.

See you all for game 6.

Well, it was hard to fall asleep last night. I was all worked up, major anxiety going on. I woke up anxious as well.

For the first time in this series, I'm pretty worried. If the wings bounce back and win one in Pitt to win the cup, I will be absolutely shocked. And then it's back here for game 7 where anything can happen. We could have just had the cup snatched from our hands just like that. I'm particularly nervous about a game 7 because apparently the Red Wings play very nervous in front of their home crowd. This isn't the first time we've seen them play nervous. They were like that in game 5 up 3-1 against Dallas. Yes, we did go back there to win, but this isn't exactly the same situation. There's much more on the line.

I hope we can find it to get our spirits back up and put this away in game 6. I don't really want to see a game 7.

Before I started playing hockey back in 1998, I felt the same as you did. Totally anxious and unable to sleep after playoff games that we lost. Since I started playing, I have a whole new appreciation for the sport.

As for you being worried, you should be. Inconsistent play by the Wings has put them into this situation.

I'm just disappointed we sat back at the end of regulation. I know you go a little more defensive under the circumstances but we had all the momentum and the Pens were just hanging on. Then we decided to just dump the puck and wait for them to attack. In the end it proved costly because I believe had we kept on attacking we could have got a 2 goal lead which would've been enough. I am shattered.

Initially last night I was super pissed. However, after waking up this morning and talking to the fam about it, I'm not. In a weird way you could say I'm somewhat calm. Maybe it won't be that way tomorrow but today, I am.

In my opinion other than the first period, that was one hell of a game. The wings played hard once they got out of whatever you call that first period. They came back from a 2-0 deficit. That in itself is something. Then they played hard and took the lead. They had it and with 30 some odd seconds to go there was an unlucky break against them. Sure Ozzie wasn't hugging the post like he should have, but he also had a pen in front of him that he seemed to be possibly covering in my opinion. Had he hugged the post, the pen in front probably would have gotten the puck and scored. If it was gonna happen (which it did) it would have happened regardless. It was meant to be, whatever.

The wings played a hell of a game. They maintained control most of the overtime and I personally feel they kicked @$$. They got an unfortunate penalty in the 3rd overtime. I only saw it replayed once, but I really don't think Hudler stood there and was like, "Hmmm I think I'm gonna swing my stick at his face and then make him bleed"...I really don't think it was intentional. What happened happened and it's over and done with.

Sure, the pens got alot of momentum from that, but they also looked like they had no idea what was going on in portions of that game. I have faith in the wings. Could my faith be distorted? Sure, but I think they will prevail.

In the meantime, let's stay calm and root on our wings!!

I'm just disappointed we sat back at the end of regulation. I know you go a little more defensive under the circumstances but we had all the momentum and the Pens were just hanging on. Then we decided to just dump the puck and wait for them to attack. In the end it proved costly because I believe had we kept on attacking we could have got a 2 goal lead which would've been enough. I am shattered.

Agreed. I kept yelling at the tv for them to keep pressuring, but they obviously didn't hear me. :rolleyes:

GO WINGS!!!