• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo

Quote at the top of the page...

Rate this topic

Nice touch... It might be worth people throwing in their personal favorites.

Here's mine (paraphrased):

"Champions aren't made up of people that perform superhuman feats.... Champions are made by people consistently executing the fundamentals well, over and over." - Tony Dungy

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”

My personal favorite little inspiration tidbit and something to keep in mind if or whenever we lose in general is, "Our greatest glory consists not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall."

George S. Patton "Attack vigorously without ceasing. When you opponent is down continue to attack. Never Let Up"

That's along the same vein that I used for the Conference Final bracket wallpaper this year and, IMO, sums up the Red Wings' run perfectly:

"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching."

"We proclaim ourselves as indeed we are: The ambassadors of World-Class hockey, wherever it continues to exist in the world, But we cannot exemplify the beauty of our game by failing to kick some Penguin ass at home tonight."

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride -- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high -- but so are the rewards."

-- Paul "Bear" Bryant

Here's a few for the pile:

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger, and yet notwithstanding go out to meet it." - Thucydides

"Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence."

"Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

Here's a couple for Sid the Kid:

"Sometimes you are better off to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

"Reputation is what people think you are. Character is who you really are. Take care of your character and your reputation will take care of itself."

"It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand." - Gen. Ben Childaw

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training."

Edited by Lidsyukerberg

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility -Dietrich Bonhoeffer

One of my personal favorites and one that I took seriously when I played hockey, when I was a dumb college kid being stupid in bars and to a lesser extent, when I fought in martial arts tournaments:

"If you must hurt a man, do it so brutally that you need not fear his revenge"-unknown

Guest GordieSid&Ted
"Kill Kill Kill the White Man. Kill him until he is dead. thank you." by Eugene Mamalookaboobooday.

Eugene is my pen name 'cause I wrote this while I was in the Pen.

HAHAHAHAHA! That freaking made my day. What a great movie. An absolute classic!

:clap:

Two that I think hit at the heart of this year's team:

The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.

- Confucius

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.

-Vince Lambardi

"All through that overtime, we kept telling ourselves that if we stay patient and keep at it, it's going to break our way. That's not waiting for luck. That's working toward it." Nick Lidstrom after game 4 Stanley Cup Finals (Det. 3 Car. 2 -3OT) Det. 2-1 series lead.

You can spend so much time thinking about the team you are playing that you forget about the team you are. – Scotty Bowman

i got 2 of my favorites in my sig...

"Go For it now, the future is promised to no one."

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

Edited by rwfan007