• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

pavyaz19

Clutch, Grab, Trip?

Rate this topic

The 3rd, 4th and 5th periods were the worst called I can remember in the Cup Finals!! The blatant lack of calls against the Pens, especially in the 3rd, absolutely amazed me. Those goalie interference calls in the 4th and 5th periods were a prime example of buttnuggets minor league demon self on a power trip. Buttnugget is the second most incompetent minor league demon in power, the other of course is that waste of life: BUSH!

Reffing isnt the reason we lost, but jesus. What the f*** was up with the officiating tonight? The first call on Datsyuk - a guy who rarely who takes penalties as it is - gets called for a Pens player losing an edge, which negated our PP?? Then the ridiculous goaltender intereference calls, particularly the one where Cleary was skating past the net only to get tripped by Fleury - and CLEARY gets the call?

The officiating has been absolutely horrible all series, and as you said.....it's not why we lost. But it's been so god awful. I mean, the blind could see that some of these calls were wrong. O'Halloran must be the worst I've ever seen in a long time.

It was very poor officiating, I agree. I was also very accepting of it for some time mainly because of the no-calls that I thought would keep the officiating from deciding the game... HOWEVER, then the refs made those terrible goalie interference calls and the hudler double-minor to show they weren't just gonna let the game play out.

I am convinced that to an extent, NBA refs rig games by giving unfair advantages in calls to given players and teams. God forbid that we ever have to suspect this of the NHL's zebras.

Refs didn't decide this game by any stretch of the imagination.

However, it should be noted that the first 2 OTs were the worst two periods of refeering in the entire playoffs. Even NBC said that those were absolutely outrageous calls.

QFT.

We were the better team for 5 of the 6 periods of this game, but we did NOT lose because of the refs. You want someone to blame for our loss? Blame Fleury/Osgood/Franzen/Samuelsson/Hudler. Not the Refs fault (horrendous though those 2 goalie interference calls were).

Not if it happens to somebody wearing red.

Blaming the refs???

They call too much...they suck

They let them play...they suck

plenty of crap BOTH teams got away with....

Blame them if you want....but Fleury stole this game from you...plain and simple

Both teams were getting away with a lot out there.

The fact is, the Wings lost because they failed to show up until the 3rd period.

How many times do we have to see them get a team against the ropes and then take the next game off?

It'll end in game 6. Guarenteed.

Refs didn't decide this game by any stretch of the imagination.

However, it should be noted that the first 2 OTs were the worst two periods of refeering in the entire playoffs. Even NBC said that those were absolutely outrageous calls.

I agree.

The refs went back to prelockout style of reffing. Let everything go. I counted 6 instances where I thought something should have been called in the 2nd period alone. Both teams were falling all over each other, interfering, obstructing, and so on. The refs should have been calling a tight game since the OT started. Instead they let the teams play....which isn't bad either.

The call they lost on was totally legit. Huds stick cliped someone in the face. Thats a no brainer call.

Time to stop dwelling on the reffing and start concentrating on Game 6. Those that live in the past are doomed to repeat it.

Both teams were getting away with a lot out there.

The fact is, the Wings lost because they failed to show up until the 3rd period.

How many times do we have to see them get a team against the ropes and then take the next game off?

It'll end in game 6. Guarenteed.

QFT

Why are no other Wings fans pissed off about the lack of effort by their team in clutch games? Game 3 was clutch if the Wings would have won it. So why did they slack off? Game 5 was for the cup, talk about a clutch game. So why come out flat in the 1st and 2nd period? Hell, they played like crap in the 2nd OT. What about the Dallas series game 4? A chance to close out the series there and they come out with a crap performance.

Haha on these boards through Games 1 through 3 everyone was ripping on MT for crying about the refs. Now 90% of the posts on here since last night are wings fans complaining about the refs. Pot meet kettle.

you know it's a totally different thing for fans on a msg. board to ***** than a coach, player or GM to do it to the media, esp. considering league reps. meet with team officials to discuss issues they have regarding how the game is called. What Michele has done throughout this series is unprofessional.

PS: USA vs. Spain today at 4:30CST on one of the ESPN channels.

You are right, I am embarrassed. My new goal in life is to become an NHL coach so I can get paid to whine in press conferences like my hero Michelle Therien... then people like you won't make fun of me... waaaah.

im sure you have plenty of other traits to make fun of.... pick a sport, any sport and coaches call out officials. if you dont, you are not doing your job as coach. there have been bad calls and non calls on BOTH sides..... get over it and move on. if you want to point to a reason you lost the game, try looking at 55 saves by m.a.f.. that was a spectacular performance

As I said in another post, if the refs called everything, I doubt either team would have anyone left to play as they'd all be in the box. BOTH teams are getting away with hooks, holds, interference, etc. The refs are trying to allow the teams to decide it like they should.

BTW, thanks you guys for helping me win a bet against a Wings fan. I said if they lose, there would be Wings fans blaming the refs, he siad no way, the Wings fans have more class than that.

Blaming the refs???

They call too much...they suck

They let them play...they suck

plenty of crap BOTH teams got away with....

Blame them if you want....but Fleury stole this game from you...plain and simple

I'm bitching the refs, not blaming them. Maybe your coach and captain could explain the difference..oh, wait, they can't. The Wings didn't play the OT's well. Period. The only thing the precious "flower" stole was maybe Crosby's KY.

It was very poor officiating, I agree. I was also very accepting of it for some time mainly because of the no-calls that I thought would keep the officiating from deciding the game... HOWEVER, then the refs made those terrible goalie interference calls and the hudler double-minor to show they weren't just gonna let the game play out.

I am convinced that to an extent, NBA refs rig games by giving unfair advantages in calls to given players and teams. God forbid that we ever have to suspect this of the NHL's zebras.

OMG! you guys are all a bunch of friggin Homers! Anytime you split a guys lips with your stick, you are going to sit four four or five minutes. Shut the hell up! The small crap has not been called, but to think that the ref should "just let them play" after a player gets split open, (right in front of him, no less) is pure stupidity. All I am saying is, quite making Dingleberry statemants like that. Be hockey smart. Show the world that you can take your lumps as well as give them.

OMG! you guys are all a bunch of friggin Homers! Anytime you split a guys lips with your stick, you are going to sit four four or five minutes. Shut the hell up! The small crap has not been called, but to think that the ref should "just let them play" after a player gets split open, (right in front of him, no less) is pure stupidity. All I am saying is, quite making Dingleberry statemants like that. Be hockey smart. Show the world that you can take your lumps as well as give them.

1.) the high-stick definitely had to be called... obviously.

2.) the Wings looked more tired than the Pens in the OTs.

3.) Fleury played the game of his life. (that is what MVP goalies are made of, but he has to do it two more times... or our goalie is MVP, ha)

4.) the Refs were absolutely awful. People say that there were infractions on both sides and both teams were getting away with it... if that's true, then how come the Pens were on more PPs than us??? The refs play a hand in every game, and it's fact that we had less PP opportunities, so they gave the Pens that advantage. I am extremely unhappy about it. It is one factor that shouldn't have been. These refs have totally sucked.

All four points changed the face of the game... I can't complain about 1,2, and 3 because you have to hand the Pens props. But 4... oh point number 4. These refs are terrible and I'm sick of the Wings not having the equal number of PPs. If we get 2 or 3 more man advantages... we may have had the cup.

1.) the high-stick definitely had to be called... obviously.

2.) the Wings looked more tired than the Pens in the OTs.

3.) Fleury played the game of his life. (that is what MVP goalies are made of, but he has to do it two more times... or our goalie is MVP, ha)

4.) the Refs were absolutely awful. People say that there were infractions on both sides and both teams were getting away with it... if that's true, then how come the Pens were on more PPs than us??? The refs play a hand in every game, and it's fact that we had less PP opportunities, so they gave the Pens that advantage. I am extremely unhappy about it. It is one factor that shouldn't have been. These refs have totally sucked.

All four points changed the face of the game... I can't complain about 1,2, and 3 because you have to hand the Pens props. But 4... oh point number 4. These refs are terrible and I'm sick of the Wings not having the equal number of PPs. If we get 2 or 3 more man advantages... we may have had the cup.

And "IF" a frog had wings, he would not bump his butt when he jumped, either would he?

OMG, INBD...

i wish just one time babcock would tell it like it is about the refs during the press confrence...JUST ONCE

oh yea and idid notice inbetween talking about crosby the announcers were actually saying there calls were s**t calls.

Edited by maltbymaniac

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OHHHHH AHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA

Like in Game 3 where Lidstrom's lip got busted open and he had to get stitches but no call was made?

And "IF" a frog had wings, he would not bump his butt when he jumped, either would he?

"IF" a frog had wings, would they be more or less useful than, say, a penguins?

Would said wings be red?