• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsownnhl43

Chris Osgood

Rate this topic

I've said it all year long, the wings will go as far as Chris Osgood takes them. No team in the NHL is nearly as good as the Red Wings. They carry the play and outshoot every team they face. but you just cant win without solid goaltending. I had my doubts about Ozzie carrying our team through the playoffs, however he has shocked me by being one of our Conn Smythe candidates.

Tonights game was a different story. Ozzie played like s*** and looked horrible all game. We out shot this team fifty something to twenty something reminding me of the last 3-4 years when routinely got bounced early. Hopefully this was just one bad game and he hasnt returned to human one game to short of winning a championship because if Ozzie doenst play well, we may experience one of the most devastating SC final come backs of all time.

You're blaming Ozzie for this one? Come on man, get real. Which goals did Osgood look like he should have had them. The OT goal was screened an a nice shot right over the glove. If he gets it, it'll make ESPNs Top 10 plays of the day, if he doesn't well, what difference does it make.

Ozzie made the stops that he needed to do. Defense had too man periods of time where they were asleep and just standing around. Stop blaming people and give Pittsburg credit, they played outstanding. We failed to score on our numerous chances and this is what happens when you fail to do that.

I've said it all year long, the wings will go as far as Chris Osgood takes them. No team in the NHL is nearly as good as the Red Wings. They carry the play and outshoot every team they face. but you just cant win without solid goaltending. I had my doubts about Ozzie carrying our team through the playoffs, however he has shocked me by being one of our Conn Smythe candidates.

Tonights game was a different story. Ozzie played like s*** and looked horrible all game. We out shot this team fifty something to twenty something reminding me of the last 3-4 years when routinely got bounced early. Hopefully this was just one bad game and he hasnt returned to human one game to short of winning a championship because if Ozzie doenst play well, we may experience one of the most devastating SC final come backs of all time.

Ozzie was fine. Just because the Wings lost, doesn't mean the goaltender played poorly. Blame the fact that the Wings were CONSTANTLY turning the puck over much of the night, or blame the fact that the refs seemed to have a double-standard about things like obstruction and interference. Those are legit complaints that had a bearing on this game. saying Ozzie played like s*** after he was one of the best players on the ice on either side? That's being a moron.

I dont know what you are talking about. Ozzie had a very solid game in my book. 3 of the goals ozzie had no chance on and the one in the 3rd was Franzens fault for not clearing the puck and then not taking out Talbot before he got 2 jabs at the puck. Why is everyone jumping on our players after losing a game. we are still up in the series and last time we were in pittsburgh we won....dont jump ship yet. I have total faith in Ozzie and wouldnt want anyone else in net to win the cup with this year. He has helped us all season and has carried us for most of the playoffs. I say Go OZZIE!

Pittsburgh played outstanding? did you ever watch the game tonight, they got thoroughly dominated for the vast majority of the game, and managed to squeek one out. By no means did they play outstanding... Fleury played outsanding, he was the only one.

i dont know about anyone else but work is gonna SUCK dealing with all the s*** people are gonna be saying to me when none of them even watch hockey...idiots. i have a pretty short temper as well i just hope i dont get in a fight haha. :offtopic:

but ozzie played great, bad penalty, the refs let a lot of stuff go, the wings didn't capitalize on the 2384294 chances that they had they shot themselves in the ass with this one.

On some of the goals he's let in this post-season, he has looked lazy. Like out of position and doesn't hustle back. That drives me crazy. Other than that, I don't like him all that much, but he is totally our MVP, hands down. Two shutouts in the finals, insanity.

Oh, and I'm not watching game six. I'm going to take a nice, long 3 hour walk and check the internet score when I get back. I am NOT watching the NBC broadcast in Pittsburgh.

I only blame osgood for the game tieing goal. other than that not much he can do when Kronwall puts one in his own net

Where was the D that was suppost to cover Talbit while he wacks away at the puck and Ozzy...? I dont blame him for 3rd goal. I give Pittsburgh credit for a hard fought victory...

Ozzey was just fine....the Red Wings had eleventy billion turnovers...I would love nothing more than the Wings hoisting the Cup in Pittsburgh..............

Yeah, so many turnovers, but Pitt forced most of them, they played better than we're used to. However, we still should have won, there were many other factors that played into this loss. I'd love nothing more to win the Cup in Detroit in 6 games... I guess I'm screwed, ha.

From Conn Smythe to scapegoat in a matter of hours. Wow...just wow.

hey, some think he had a bad game, we are commenting on it. He is still the MVP... MVPs are allowed to have a bad game... and fans are allowed to comment about it.

The funny thing is that this is exactly what Osgood had to go through his entire career. Just imagine you were in your job and one day you are about to be promoted and the next they want to fire you. And this goes on for years and years and years. Perhaps think how fair that would be or how it would make you feel.

Gotta love Ozzie though, he takes it with such stride -- he should give all of you whiners a butt whopping for dissing him all the time when we lose. :ranting:

Edited by C-Dub

The funny thing is that this is exactly what Osgood had to go through his entire career. Just imagine you were in your job and one day you are about to be promoted and the next they want to fire you. And this goes on for years and years and years. Perhaps think how fair that would be or how it would make you feel.

Gotta love Ozzie though, he takes it with such stride -- he should give all of you whiners a butt whopping for dissing him all the time when we lose. :ranting:

I see your point, but it's the fans that are complaining and the fans can't fire / promote him. You're not going to hear the coaching staff or management complaining, and they have the power to fire / promote. My point is... you're point is moot. Ozzie doesn't read these boards and we have no power, so he has no idea and is not put under duress.

some of your responses infuriate me.

"Conn Smythe winner to to scapegoat quote" --- What the F8CK are you talking about. You people have to look at i from an unbiased perspective. I still think Ozzie is a candidate to win that trophy. He has played outstanding throughout the playoffs, but he didnt play well tonight. Can anyone criticize a player on their own team without being called a band wagoner? Don't take posts to personal people, Ozzie played like s***, the CBC commentators mentioned it through out the game, dont take offense to it.

Yeah, not all the goals were his fault, but to be a goalie on a SC winning team you have to bail out your players to give your team a chance, just the way he has done throughout the playoffs. He didnt do that tonight. He let up 4 goals in 25 shots, and we just wont win like that.