Hank Dats 'N Homer

Cheli in for game 6?

Rate this topic

No.

This team would be fine if they'd:

A. Stop shooting it into their own net.

B. Keep their sticks down.

Chelios isn't going to change that.

Cheli and McCarty need to both play. We won with McCarty in Pitt.... and that would be 2 fresh bodies.... take Hudler and Lilja out

Hudler played well tonight - he made things happen offensively tonight

No.

This team would be fine if they'd:

A. Stop shooting it into their own net.

B. Keep their sticks down.

Chelios isn't going to change that.

He may not change those factors but he is a fresh set of legs. McCarty might help as well, but i dont think you take out any of our forwards to put him in just to play 4 minutes. I think Cheli should be in though although lilja is a good shot blocker. Im just affraid he may be tired.

Yes, Chelios is better on the PK then Lilja, he's smarter. He brings leadership to the bench, I'd love to see Mac back in, but the only forward who played bad tonight was Sammy, and Mike wouldnt take him out.

I don't know, Sammy didn't play bad in my book. He made quite a few smart plays and the twirl thing he does worked more than once in a game.

I think the only way Chelios plays is if there is a ______

Isn't Chelios and fresh legs by definition an oxymoron. :unsure:

You mean chelios who is probably one of the best conditioned players on our team? Chris chelios who works out harder than all of the "younger guys"? Please dont buy into that old age thing like every non wings fan has, cheli is still a competitor and is still in better shape than most of our team. Especially after the teams coming off of a triple overtime. So no, its not an oxymoron to me.

Lilja didnt have a strong game, not weak, but not strong in my book, not to mention being tired. Do we see fresh legs in Cheli in for game 6 for him? Just wondering what everyone thought.

I think Cheli would laugh his ass off at your comment that hosted the worlds "fresh legs" and "Cheli" in the same sentence. God I love that guy, I would love to see him back in the line-up but I don't think it's going to happen.

You mean chelios who is probably one of the best conditioned players on our team? Chris chelios who works out harder than all of the "younger guys"? Please dont buy into that old age thing like every non wings fan has, cheli is still a competitor and is still in better shape than most of our team. Especially after the teams coming off of a triple overtime. So no, its not an oxymoron to me.

I mean the Chelios that even I could beat skating from one end of the rink to the other. Chelios is too slow to keep up with half of the Pittsburg team, he would be just as much a liability as Lilja.

I don't know, Sammy didn't play bad in my book. He made quite a few smart plays and the twirl thing he does worked more than once in a game.

I think the only way Chelios plays is if there is a ______

I agree, I'm not a huge fan of Sammy but he did play pretty well tonight. A couple bad turnovers, but he made up for them and I think he was pretty solid.

As much as I love Chelios, Lilja played just fine tonight and I don't see them sitting Lils for Cheli after tonight's game.

Does anyone else think that it would be a positive for us to play Chelios instead of Lilja in Game 6 in Mellon Arena? I mean, the guy is well-rested and would be so pumped to play at this point that it would only be a plus for us. Lilja hasn't been horrible but he hasn't been anything great either the past few games. I guess you could say the same for Stewart, but he has been slightly more proficient I believe.

I just think putting that fresh body in with as much leadership and determination that he brings to his game, that it would only benefit us tonight and help us to win the cup on enemy territory!

Why the hell would you take Hudler out? He's been one of our best players.

As for Chelios, I'm not sure. He's my favorite Wing, so I'm inclined to say yes, but I'm not sure how well he would have held up during that 3OT game, and if we have another one like that....but then again the odds are two long games won't happen in a row, so I say go with Chelios. Lilja had way too many stupid moves the other night, but that doesn't really surprise anyone, does it?

Does anyone else think that it would be a positive for us to play Chelios instead of Lilja in Game 6 in Mellon Arena? I mean, the guy is well-rested and would be so pumped to play at this point that it would only be a plus for us. Lilja hasn't been horrible but he hasn't been anything great either the past few games. I guess you could say the same for Stewart, but he has been slightly more proficient I believe.

I just think putting that fresh body in with as much leadership and determination that he brings to his game, that it would only benefit us tonight and help us to win the cup on enemy territory!

My opinion is chelios is too slow for this pits team... they need the younger guys on D

Does anyone else agree with me that stuart was terrible in game 5?...

I have never seen someone give up the puck so many times in one game and fall behind our net for no reason....

he looks to shaky for some reason...

NO CHELIOS....