• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Duck Guy

what is everyone's problem?

Rate this topic

Why do i see threads popping up about how osgood sucks and the mule sucks and in the GDT i see that Hudler sucks... wtf people they lost as a team why cant anyone grasp that simple concept... 50+ shots and they can not put this thing away that is called a TEAM EFFORT stop placing the blame on people that you where ready to make babys with just the other day my god :ranting: :ranting:

Wow, i like this guy, this makes sense, the Red Wings lost, not Osgood/Franzen/Hudler. High sticking is part of the game, it could've happened to them just as easily. Turnover happen all the time, but many times turn into nothing. The WINGS did not capitalize on chances and let Pit hang around too long. They are gunna get a chance to score eventually, and they took it.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Why do i see threads popping up about how osgood sucks and the mule sucks and in the GDT i see that Hudler sucks... wtf people they lost as a team why cant anyone grasp that simple concept... 50+ shots and they can not put this thing away that is called a TEAM EFFORT stop placing the blame on people that you where ready to make babys with just the other day my god :ranting: :ranting:

We appreciate your imput. Who is saying everybody sucks? I saw 1 poster, make 1 thread about Franzen again failing to make an easy clear and it ending up being catastrophic.

Does that equal Franzen sucks? Nope. Just stating a fact that he had another chance to clear the puck and this clear would've sealed a Stanley Cup for us. He muffed it and now we go to Pittsburgh.

I love how you can't be critical of anybody anymore.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Team gave this away when they let a goal in with 34 seconds. I say that because Talbot was untouched on both attempts.

Funny how instead of banging a puck into our net Talbot would've had to skate all the way back out of the zone. Well, that is if Franzen could've cleared that stinking puck.

The Good News:

WE ALL GET TO SEE ONE MORE HOCKEY GAME!

simple answer: human nature. we all wanted to win, and we didn't, so we look for reasons why. same as anything else in life. it's our responsibility as fans, we're not paid cheerleaders. I still love our team so freaking much, but similar to my friend's and family, I get mad at them sometimes.

By the way, IMO, we looked SUPER TIRED (rightfully so) in the late stages of 2OT and into 3OT. I thought the Pens looked much fresher.

Yeah we're not going to have 1,000 turnovers next game, we're not going to score in our own net again, we're not going to slip up again. And then their overtime goal went off the ref and took a bad bounce . That kind of stuff don't usually happen to us. Just bad luck tonight.

I think it's partially because people are still really, really pissed and partially because of alcohol. I think once people cool down there won't be so much chaos. For a lot of people they just stopped watching the game and remembered one bad play from a player and just kept thinking about it. I tend to ignore most of those threads.

It sure will be fun to see all these people saying how great Franzen, Huds, etc were in the playoffs once the Wings win it Wednesday.

I have no problem with fans saying that so and so did this or that wrong, but when it turns into "oh this player sucks, the series is the Pens now... blah blah blah"... that really irritates me. I was at hockeytown cafe and probably saw the most disappointed people next to being at the Joe, and honestly... I was probably the calmest guy. I have just as much passion for the Wings as the next person, but as a whole, the Wings made an almost impossible come back and lost in OT. They played great. If anything I saw a Wings team that got robbed of the Stanley Cup.

They were faster, stronger and hungrier. It was simply a bad break. I cannot wait until Wednesday when the Wings win the Cup in Pitt so we can rub it in their faces.

No matter how bad you think one or more of our guys have played in this game or this series, look at the bright side. At least Malkin isn't on our team. Honestly, that guy was so freakin bad in game 5 I don't know how we didn't win. I would serious think about sitting his ass for the next game if I was Therrien. As a coach I might be able to live with the fact that he can't find the net with a map, a gps, and a personal guide to show him the way but the dude is a serious liability the way he is playing right now. I kind of lost count but what was the guy, like a -20 or something for the game? I've never seen someone give the puck away so much. And that bit where he's laying on the ice like he's injured but it turns out he's just tired? He seriously needs to sit for game six and maybe he'll be ready to play again if there does turn out to be a game seven.

Thank you so much for creating this thread Duck Guy. you saved me the trouble of having to do it. I love LGWs but sometimes i cant stand it on here. some people should be embarrassed to call themselves fans. theyll never admit it but its obvious theyre one of the following..............

(1) a selfish fair-weather fan whose bitter. they want it NOW and they want it so THEY can feel good. i dont live in Detroit...hell i dont even live in Michigan, so there will be no parties or parades for me. no home ice celebrations, no banner raising ceremonies. i want the wings to win for THEM. i want the players ive watched work their asses off all year to get what they deserve. and one loss isnt going to change my mind, even if a win tonight would have been better for me personally. sorry if they inconvenienced your life in any way tonight.

or

(2) a punk kid who hasnt learned that life is full of disappointments. its gonna happen. suck it up and move on. i think the Wings will win game 6 but you know what? even if they dont, even if they get shut out the next two games and Pitt wins the cup, i wont get down on them. ill start looking forward to next season and relish the fact that we ice a team that can compete for the cup each year.

or

(3) someone who has never been a part of a winning team of any sort, athletic or not. s***ty attitudes will get you nowhere. winning comes from believing in the person next you, helping each other out when things dont go your way, and learning from your mistakes. i guarantee there isnt a single guy in that dressing room whose even close to thinking they way some of you are. go listen to Babs' press conference youll see what i mean.

on behalf of all the positive fans out there, LETS GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks again Duck Guy.

Guest Crymson
Funny how instead of banging a puck into our net Talbot would've had to skate all the way back out of the zone. Well, that is if Franzen could've cleared that stinking puck.

I'm disappointed at how you've made yourself out to be a paragon of reason and calm and then have gone on such a useless rant as you've perpetrated across several threads tonight.

Get a grip.

Logic is a scary thing to have in this day and age Duck Guy. I commend you for using it wisely.