• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mooker

Last team in history to lose 3-2?

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted
delete if needed, but seriously; if it was easy to win the cup, it wouldn't mean anything.

I dunno, I thought the sweeps against Washington and Philly were relatively easy compared to other finals I've seen. They meant something to me and i'm sure to the guys who won it.

do i really need to edit and say "modern" history? c'mon. I'm sure you get my point.

Well I believe that's the one and only occurance of it happening in the finals. 3-2, no idea.

All I can find says that teams who are 3-2, having won game 1 at home, are 20-1 overall in the series. The '42 Wings would be in that group, so they would be last.

All I can find says that teams who are 3-2, having won game 1 at home, are 20-1 overall in the series. The '42 Wings would be in that group, so they would be last.

Building on that, home teams that win games 1 and 2 of the SCF have gone 30-1 (the one exception being, I think, the 71 Habs). Most people here probably already know that one though.

Well I believe that's the one and only occurance of it happening in the finals. 3-2, no idea.

all i can do at this point it look at the BLACK "16" in your sig and think "won't the pens fans get really quiet when that happens". i'm a total pessimist normally, but when it comes to the Wings i'm all about the we can do it thing.

I wouldn't feel nearly so bad about it if it wasn't for that one goal... Damn, normally I'd look at the 3-2 series count and take my hand away from the panic button, but that third Pens goal really, really felt like our equivalent of the Pens' blown 5-on-3.

part of why my OP said "delete if needed" with the teams that lost 3-2: i'm completely baffled at how many people here (and in the media) do now, and will in the next couple of days, talk about how The Wings are done, even though we're WINNING THE GODDAMN SCF!

I wouldn't feel nearly so bad about it if it wasn't for that one goal... Damn, normally I'd look at the 3-2 series count and take my hand away from the panic button, but that third Pens goal really, really felt like our equivalent of the Pens' blown 5-on-3.

I get what you're saying but once you past 2x OT it's like "ok, here's our gassed, drunk monkeys vs yours, now what?"

part of why my OP said "delete if needed" with the teams that lost 3-2: i'm completely baffled at how many people here (and in the media) do now, and will in the next couple of days, talk about how The Wings are done, even though we're WINNING THE GODDAMN SCF!

Well, as far as 4chan is concerned, there were chants of 33 YEARS! 33 YEARS! after Dallas won game 5. Now there's chants of 66 YEARS! 66 YEARS!

Why are people so bent on using history as an indicator? I never understood this. Theres a first time for everything. Not saying itll happen - I think we still take Game 6 due to the fact that Fleury isnt ever going to play like that again (see Turco in game 5, then game 6) - but history really doesnt mean squat as you can change the present with the drop of a hat.

Normally I would agree, but considering how the Wings played in the OT's, I think they forgot about that goal rather quickly

Well, as far as 4chan is concerned, there were chants of 33 YEARS! 33 YEARS! after Dallas won game 5. Now there's chants of 66 YEARS! 66 YEARS!

66? And we are (still) playing the Pens? This actually can't be coincidental...:D:ph34r:

Why are people so bent on using history as an indicator? I never understood this. Theres a first time for everything. Not saying itll happen - I think we still take Game 6 due to the fact that Fleury isnt ever going to play like that again (see Turco in game 5, then game 6) - but history really doesnt mean squat as you can change the present with the drop of a hat.

Confucious say: Learn the past and you shall know the future.

What history shows, specifically that 30-1, stat is how incredibly difficult it is to come back in the finals once you are down.

Confucious say: Learn the past and you shall know the future.

What history shows, specifically that 30-1, stat is how incredibly difficult it is to come back in the finals once you are down.

Shouldn't it be 33-1 :unsure:

I have thought it all along. The Wings will win it in 6!

Go Wings!