• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

GET READY FOR THE MOTHER OF ALL GAME 7's

Rate this topic

Well guys and gals, just 35secs from lifting the cup. Not long, but it'll seem like a lifetime to our boys

who will be pondering over it the next day or two. I hope I am wrong but I just think that this will be

a major mementom swing in the Pens favour. I fear our boys will still be thinking of what should have

been on Wed and the Pens will take advantage of it. They'll feed off the home fans and take the series

back to the Joe for the last game on Sat night. Maybe the the extra day off will let our boys re-group

and re-charge for the winner takes all game 7. It has been a great series and if not for Fleury this would

have been over by now. Is it me or do we always face N/M who play out of their skin when facing the

Redwings? I would say over the series so far the Pens have played good for 4 periods and we have been

by far the better team in the remainder. Story is we have outshot them 192-120 and outscored them by

14-8, and they have scored 7 of those in 2 games. Lets hope we can pull together and put on a display

Wed night worthy of a championship team, I would love nothing more than to see Sid weeping in front of

his own fans, as Bettman has to hand over the cup to Lids, :satisfied:

I want to be able to enjoy my birthday, not spend it like I did last night, sick to my stomach and full of nerves. I want to enjoy my birthday dinner, not beg my friends to get me home in time to watch the game. They won on my birthday in '97, but that was a sweep and I was less nervous then than I am now.

I prefer this team close it out on Wednesday.

Is it the mother of all game 7s cause its not going to happen?

Agreed! Championship teams win on the road, and Wednesday will be a championship perfomance for the Red Wings. I look for them to be extremely dominate, and they will not falter this time to clinch the cup!! WINGS WIN IN 6!!!!

It could very well happen. I don't mean to be a buzz kill BUT

Blowing a late lead for the Cup + losing in 3 OT's = not good for the next game

Everyone also said that Pitt not scoring on the 5-3 at home with a chance to even the seires would kill them. They didn't tank it in today on our home floor, and we will not disappoint on their home floor!

Everyone also said that Pitt not scoring on the 5-3 at home with a chance to even the seires would kill them. They didn't tank it in today on our home floor, and we will not disappoint on their home floor!

I think you're wrong.

i think it will do no harm.

Babcock is an expert on motivational speaking and the guys have learned the hard way they have to keep battling and battling and battling and battling and battling... all game long.

You want the Cup ? GO GET IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET READY FOR THE MOTHER OF ALL GAME 7's, you just know its gunna happen

Funny, cos people were saying that after we dropped Game 5 to Dallas....look how that turned out.

Luckily Game 6 will be played on the ice, and not between the ears of panicky Wings fans. And Detroit is better than Pittsburgh on the ice.

I want to be able to enjoy my birthday, not spend it like I did last night, sick to my stomach and full of nerves. I want to enjoy my birthday dinner, not beg my friends to get me home in time to watch the game. They won on my birthday in '97, but that was a sweep and I was less nervous then than I am now.

I prefer this team close it out on Wednesday.

I hear ya man, I'm kinda looking forward to it being over. Those extra days off to get the games on saturday night are slowing this thing down.

The Wings proved they can win on the road and bounce back from a loss at home....they'll put this behind them, although it must be frustrating as hell to come so close, only to have some hack tie it up with 35 lousy seconds left. They need to score first and not play from behind like the last two games....come on, Boys.

That's positive thinking for you.

Edited by wingfan_32807

Well guys and gals, just 35secs from lifting the cup. Not long, but it'll seem like a lifetime to our boys

who will be pondering over it the next day or two. I hope I am wrong but I just think that this will be

a major mementom swing in the Pens favour. I fear our boys will still be thinking of what should have

been on Wed and the Pens will take advantage of it. They'll feed off the home fans and take the series

back to the Joe for the last game on Sat night. Maybe the the extra day off will let our boys re-group

and re-charge for the winner takes all game 7. It has been a great series and if not for Fleury this would

have been over by now. Is it me or do we always face N/M who play out of their skin when facing the

Redwings? I would say over the series so far the Pens have played good for 4 periods and we have been

by far the better team in the remainder. Story is we have outshot them 192-120 and outscored them by

14-8, and they have scored 7 of those in 2 games. Lets hope we can pull together and put on a display

Wed night worthy of a championship team, I would love nothing more than to see Sid weeping in front of

his own fans, as Bettman has to hand over the cup to Lids, :satisfied:

I hope we take it in 6, but if some reason this thing goes to game 7? Then I'm already there. Although the thought of selling my game 7 tickets have crossed my mind, but then I think my girlfriend might leave me then.

Here's to game 6 :beerbuddy: :champs:

I am afraid that I also feel that the Joe will be lit up one more time this season.

A VERY BAD loss for our boys last night. Now we've got Petr Sykora "calling his shots" like the Eastern European equivalent of Babe Ruth.

Man I hope I'm dead wrong.

I think there may be a game 7. Pittsburgh is hard to put away, and they have all the momentum right now.

Plus, I'd rather not win in Pittsburgh. So far this series has gone exactly how the NHL wanted it to go, so I expect that trend to continue with a Game 7.

It sucks, but it's a feeling I have.