• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hank

We will Win Game 6 by a landslide

Rate this topic

I'm not even kidding.

Pittsburgh had no idea how to handle Detroit in those OT's. And as crazy as it sounds, the Wings were getting stronger.

If Hudler isn't careless with his stick Detroit would have won very soon afterwards.

That is all Pittsburgh has left in the tank. Malkin looks like he absolutely no gas left, Sykora is banged up, Malone can't even breath and Gonchar has a broken back.

I'd bet my last dollar the Wings are far more angry about that loss than dejected or deflated. They realize that they didn't play for the first 60 minutes.

They will come out flying and they will hammer this tired, overmatched and overwhelmed Penguins team into oblivion.

Prediction: Wings 5, Pens 1. And the game isn't even close. All Wings for 60 minutes.

Edited by Hank

I hope you're right... being one of few detroit fans in toronto... i had a heart attack last night

and every leaf fan i knew called me after the overtime goal cause all of a sudden they are all pens fans...

I hope your right in the fact that it is a blow out cause i cant take the stress lol..

Detroit has such a strong game ... i just hope they start getting those bounces going their way!...

I admire your optimism and enthusiasm, Hank.

But I'll be a happy with any win.

And winning by a landslide on their home-rink no less ?? ... that's might be a little bit too much.

Just one win.

I'm not even kidding.

Pittsburgh had no idea how to handle Detroit in those OT's. And as crazy as it sounds, the Wings were getting stronger.

If Hudler isn't careless with his stick Detroit would have won very soon afterwards.

That is all Pittsburgh has left in the tank. Malkin looks like he absolutely no gas left, Sykora is banged up, Malone can't even breath and Gonchar has a broken back.

I'd bet my last dollar the Wings are far more angry about that loss than dejected or deflated. They realize that they didn't play for the first 60 minutes.

They will come out flying and they will hammer this tired, overmatched and overwhelmed Penguins team into oblivion.

Prediction: Wings 5, Pens 1. And the game isn't even close. All Wings for 60 minutes.

I certainly hope so Hank.

When the Wings come to play, they come to play. In all their losses, they came looking like s***. Game 3? Like s*** thats for sure. Game 5? Another s*** game to start. Note to the team, you can play like s*** and expect to win the game. You can't expect the Pens to just lay down and give you the damn cup.

If there is one thing I have learned about these Wings it is the inconsistent hockey they have played. Why can't they come out with that sense of urgency every game? That is shameful.

I hope you're right... being one of few detroit fans in toronto... i had a heart attack last night

and every leaf fan i knew called me after the overtime goal cause all of a sudden they are all pens fans...

I hope your right in the fact that it is a blow out cause i cant take the stress lol..

Detroit has such a strong game ... i just hope they start getting those bounces going their way!...

I'm really not worried at all.

Like I said, I truly, truly believe the Wings are far more angry than dejected or depressed. They know they were the better team (BY FAR) in the 3rd period and the OT's. It wasn't even close. It was like watching a cat play with a mouse.

They know they blew a great opportunity and it won't happen again. They'll put in a full 60 minute effort and outside of the Crosby-Hossa line, the Pens won't get anything from anyone else.

Malkin's finished. Sykora's finished. That team put everything on the line last night. They have nothing left.

And think about it, the Pens had their backs against the wall and in OT and how did they respond? By getting *****-slapped for nearly 3 OT's. They had no answer for Detroits tenacity. If we get more shots on net instead of getting too cute or missing the net, we'd all be talking about a repeat for next season instead of game 6 tomorrow night.

Trust me, this series is already over and the Pens know it. And so do the Wings.

Okay let's face it. At this point we are pretty much gonna dominate Pittsburgh in game 6. There's no 2 ways about it. Their fans are gonna be loud and obnoxious and get shut up by the Wings. We all are kinda down after last night, but it was a good long game of hockey. The team just did exactly what the fans have been doing since game 4 and thinking the Cup was in the bag. Last night was nothing more than a reminder that you have to earn the Cup and it's not just freely given. I'm actually kinda glad it happened, because maybe it will cut down on all the bs when we win and post game celebration crap before we actually win the Cup. Like Lidstrom said "some people forget it takes 4 games to win the cup. We've still got to win one more game". So let's all man up and admit we got ahead of ourselves, get behind the Wings, and watch them go into the "Igloo" and beat the living hell out of the Penguins. Go WINGS!!!!!!!!

It all depends if our players can get over their mental frustration, we were clearly the better team and Pens sucked for 4/5 of the game (including OTs). But anything can happen in game6. Score is 0:0 as of now.

All these bold predictions are ridiculous.

Edited by Reds4Life

I couldnt agree more... I think i made the same mistake when there was a minute left in the 3rd period...

Can't wait for game 6!

GO Wings GO

Agreed. I also got a little overconfident and assumed it was "in the bag". :unsure:

But - I agree, we need to get behind our team and help them defeat the Penguins! They can do it!

What really irritated me though was when the refs called those two penalties on the Wings in OT that clearly were NOT penalties! UGH! :ranting:

GO WINGS!

Wow...not quite too tired, overmatched, or overwhelmed last night huh?

haha

Pens sucked big time, they could do nothing for 80% of the game, they were lucky, that's all.

Wings were clearly better team, it is not even debatable.

haha

Pens sucked big time, they could do nothing for 80% of the game, they were lucky, that's all.

AGREED... detroit just needs to play the whole game the way they did in the 2nd, 3rd and OT periods...

GO Wings GO!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

haha

Thats OK...they can be clearly the better team in games 6 and 7...still gotta score more than your opponent

In a seven game series the best team should will four games. If the Wings are the best team, and I believe they are, then they should come back from this and win either in game six or game seven. As Babs said the first period was not a good one for the Wings. Kronner's goal was another lucky bounce for the Pens (ala JHall's game 3 goal off Ozzie's backside) I for one am surprised at how nervous they looked when the game started. I didn't expect that of this team. Maybe the pressure of playing a cup clinching game in front of family, friends and rabid Wings fans was too much for some of the players. Kudos to the team to come back and go ahead in the 3rd period. None of the goals that went in were Ozzies fault and the Malone's game tying goal could have just as easily been covered before he got a second shot at the puck. The guys can't cover eveyone with the goalie pulled. Good puck luck for the Pens but luck can only take you so far. <_<

I'm really not worried at all.

Like I said, I truly, truly believe the Wings are far more angry than dejected or depressed. They know they were the better team (BY FAR) in the 3rd period and the OT's. It wasn't even close. It was like watching a cat play with a mouse.

They know they blew a great opportunity and it won't happen again. They'll put in a full 60 minute effort and outside of the Crosby-Hossa line, the Pens won't get anything from anyone else.

Malkin's finished. Sykora's finished. That team put everything on the line last night. They have nothing left.

And think about it, the Pens had their backs against the wall and in OT and how did they respond? By getting *****-slapped for nearly 3 OT's. They had no answer for Detroits tenacity. If we get more shots on net instead of getting too cute or missing the net, we'd all be talking about a repeat for next season instead of game 6 tomorrow night.

Trust me, this series is already over and the Pens know it. And so do the Wings.

I couldn't agree more. Problem is, the Wings aren't finishing. Homer in game 3. Samuelsson back to his old shooting ways in game 5. Goal posts for both teams.

PUT THIS AWAY.

Wow...not quite too tired, overmatched, or overwhelmed last night huh?

Yes, they won. They were able to win by playing 20 solid minutes and getting a PP in the 3rd OT.

If that's all the Pens have, I'm not worried.

They are mentally and physically exhausted.

And look at the brightside. At least Pens fans will get the chance to see the Cup raised in their building again.

You don't think last night's win gave them confidence and energy when no one gave them a real chance ?

Nope.

From what I heard from Pierre McGuire and a few other analysts that went into the dressing room the team looked exhausted - Fleury in particular.

Trust me, I truly, truly believe the Pens are finished. They'll come out hard in the first 5-8 minutes and that will be it.

Lets put it this way, we better have a clear cut win in game 6 because I could only watch the first 3 periods of game 5. Then I had to work at UPS... Then I brought my cell phone in (not allowed to do that. :rolleyes:) and got a text saying Sykora scored. Needless to say... I stopped working hard. :rolleyes: It would be nice to watch that game in its entirety though. Game 6 will be a tough win but if Wings play like they did in period 3 of game 5 Pens stand no chance.

Jun 3:

"Wings will Win Game 6 By a landslide"

Jun 5:

"Wings WILL win game 7"

Jun 8:

"Well... f***

Hahaha.

I think I can be the most pesimistic person when it comes to the Wings, but I'm telling you, the Wings win in Game 6 and it's not even close.

Last night, from the 3rd period on, it looked like the Wings were scrimmaging against a high school team from Grand Rapids.

Malkin is completely done. He has been all series long. Keep Crosby in check and we'll win handily.