• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hank

We will Win Game 6 by a landslide

Rate this topic

Hahaha.

I think I can be the most pesimistic person when it comes to the Wings, but I'm telling you, the Wings win in Game 6 and it's not even close.

Last night, from the 3rd period on, it looked like the Wings were scrimmaging against a high school team from Grand Rapids.

Malkin is completely done. He has been all series long. Keep Crosby in check and we'll win handily.

I think game 6 is our best chance to win

Seriously, the Wings haven't closed a series at home since.... 2004? If we lose game 6 I'm pretty sure we're done. And if THAT happens this will be another infamous playoff exit for Detroit.

Nope.

From what I heard from Pierre McGuire and a few other analysts that went into the dressing room the team looked exhausted - Fleury in particular.

Trust me, I truly, truly believe the Pens are finished. They'll come out hard in the first 5-8 minutes and that will be it.

I am grateful for your confidence, even gives me more hope, BUT this same thing was pretty much said about Anaheim a few years ago when we took them to 3 OT's and put Giguere on an IV... (granted it was the first game of the playoffs, but regardless)

So forgive me if I don't take well to a few "analysts" assessment on a locker room after a long game.

Edited by TimmyJoMoFo

Jun 3:

"Wings will Win Game 6 By a landslide"

Jun 5:

"Wings WILL win game 7"

Jun 8:

"Well... f***

We don't even know if the Wings will lose the series or not especially since game 6 hasn't even been played yet. Don't be such a Negative Nancy.

I'm not even kidding.

Pittsburgh had no idea how to handle Detroit in those OT's. And as crazy as it sounds, the Wings were getting stronger.

If Hudler isn't careless with his stick Detroit would have won very soon afterwards.

That is all Pittsburgh has left in the tank. Malkin looks like he absolutely no gas left, Sykora is banged up, Malone can't even breath and Gonchar has a broken back.

I'd bet my last dollar the Wings are far more angry about that loss than dejected or deflated. They realize that they didn't play for the first 60 minutes.

They will come out flying and they will hammer this tired, overmatched and overwhelmed Penguins team into oblivion.

Prediction: Wings 5, Pens 1. And the game isn't even close. All Wings for 60 minutes.

I truly appreciate your optimism on a morning like this. I really hope you're right.

I am grateful for your confidence, even gives me more hope, BUT this same thing was pretty much said about Anaheim a few years ago when we took them to 3 OT's and put Giguere on an IV...

So forgive me if I don't take well to a few "analysts" take on a locker room after a long game.

The difference between Game 5 from last years WCF and last nights game is that the game was far closer than last nights game. It wasn't an exhibition of dominance.

Seriously, how many chances did the Pens have in the last 4 periods? I can count on one hand. All they could do was dump and wait for our onslaught.

Fleury was the ONLY reason they won.

Two different teams. Two different ways of approaching game 6.

We don't even know if the Wings will lose the series or not especially since game 6 hasn't even been played yet. Don't be such a Negative Nancy.

eh I just get tired of the

" WE ARE GOING TO WIN

OH THE SCORE IS 8-2 AGAINST US?

WELP

WE ARE GOING TO WIN ANYWAYS

eh I just get tired of the

" WE ARE GOING TO WIN

OH THE SCORE IS 8-2 AGAINST US?

WELP

WE ARE GOING TO WIN ANYWAYS

I don't get much in the business of either "guaranteeing victories" or "OMG WINGS ARE DONE CRAAAAAAAAAP!" before GAMES HAVE EVEN BEEN PLAYED, but as I just stated more/less, the series isn't even over yet. It is stupid to say the Wings are done or completely f**ked beyond repair when the series isn't over yet and they have 2 chances to win still. Just as it is a bit silly to say the Penguins are completely done, but personally I prefer to be happy/optimistic vs. being miserable/negative/saying pre-mature stuff like WE'RE DONE before we are actually done.

I don't get much in the business of either "guaranteeing victories" or "OMG WINGS ARE DONE CRAAAAAAAAAP!" before GAMES HAVE EVEN BEEN PLAYED, but as I just stated more/less, the series isn't even over yet. It is stupid to say the Wings are done or completely f**ked beyond repair when the series isn't over yet and they have 2 chances to win still. Just as it is a bit silly to say the Penguins are completely done, but personally I prefer to be happy/optimistic vs. being miserable/negative/saying pre-mature stuff like WE'RE DONE before we are actually done.

all I'm saying is that if we lose game 6 we're probably done

I will not try to make any predictions. I hope the Wings come out and win and I hope it's not close, but the way Fluery is going, it's going to be interesting.

I will say this: The Wings cannot come out an play nervous like they did in the first. We have plenty of experience, but the truth is the last time we had a team with this much inexperience in the finals was 1995. I think Babcock needs to lean on the guys that have been there a few times (ie. Draper line, Rafalski and Lidstrom - believe it or not, I don't think it would hurt to dress Chelios in place of Lilja either) early on to get the Wings settled down, then they need to play like they did from the middle of the second period on.

all I'm saying is that if we lose game 6 we're probably done

Not really. I think there is a very good chance the Pens win game 6, for the following reasons:

- they have some confidence again, winning in OT, with some adversity can only help

- they are playing at home, where they have been close to unbeatable (save the last game there)

- I won't be able to watch the first period or so (see below)

So far in the series, the Wings have won every game that I have been able to sit down and watch and they have lost both games that I have had to miss portions of the games due to my own hockey game commitments. I have another game tomorrow night and should be home in time to at least see most of the 2nd period and the rest of the game threafter, but I will be missing at least the first period.

Assuming the Pens win, anything can happen in game 7, but I like the Wings' chances. They will be playing at home, where they have been great and you have to imagine experience will give them a huge advantage in a pressure packed game 7 of the SCF.

Not really. I think there is a very good chance the Pens win game 6, for the following reasons:

- they have some confidence again, winning in OT, with some adversity can only help

- they are playing at home, where they have been close to unbeatable (save the last game there)

- I won't be able to watch the first period or so (see below)

So far in the series, the Wings have won every game that I have been able to sit down and watch and they have lost both games that I have had to miss portions of the games due to my own hockey game commitments. I have another game tomorrow night and should be home in time to at least see most of the 2nd period and the rest of the game threafter, but I will be missing at least the first period.

Assuming the Pens win, anything can happen in game 7, but I like the Wings' chances. They will be playing at home, where they have been great and you have to imagine experience will give them a huge advantage in a pressure packed game 7 of the SCF.

I agree with that. The thing that i am still confident about is that if there is any team to steal the confidence of another team it is detroit... If they can play strong for 60 minutes starting right away i think they will totally shut up that crowd and take any confidence away from pits

They have done that so many times before....

We will not win by a landslide. The only way we win tomorrow is if we get the first goal, something we haven't done in 3 games!!!! :ranting:

Wings won game 4 and didn't score the 1st goal of the game. Scoring the 1st goal is always fine and dandy of course, but it doesn't mean everything.

As a veteran fan of many playoff wars over the years, here's one point that can't be overstated, but rarely gets mentioned when a one-sided series starts to tighten up: The team that was down and out has no pressure on them because they aren't expected to win. But now that the series is getting closer, and there's a tangible prize drawing near, the pressure starts to mount on their side, too. So while the pressure was all on the Wings last night, it's going to be on both teams tomorrow night. Hopefully, that helps Detroit a little bit.

What does everyone think about winning the Cup away? Don't want to sound arrogant, genuinely asking. Would the crowd stay, do we do laps of the ice? Why couldn't we have won Game 5. :(

We skate with the cup in our hands as proud as possible... and we make sure we let cindy know that he never had a chance of touching it this year.

lol honest i think the fans would stay... winning at home is still that much sweeter....

Anyone going to pits for the game?....

As a veteran fan of many playoff wars over the years, here's one point that can't be overstated, but rarely gets mentioned when a one-sided series starts to tighten up: The team that was down and out has no pressure on them because they aren't expected to win. But now that the series is getting closer, and there's a tangible prize drawing near, the pressure starts to mount on their side, too. So while the pressure was all on the Wings last night, it's going to be on both teams tomorrow night. Hopefully, that helps Detroit a little bit.

Excellent point.

I said this exact thing last night (after I threw up and glued my heart back together).

The Dallas series would be the perfect example.

The Wings have closed out every series on the road during the playoff run this year. I have the confidence they can do it again. Pittsburgh used so much energy last night trying to stay in that game, that whole team looked tired. They'll probably have to a survive an early game rush by the Penguins but after that I think they will be able to control the game.

Agreed. Call me superstitious but the Wings always seem to lose when this forum thinks the series is in the bag. Whenever bragging and confidence reaches fever pitch, the Wings lose.

Time to institute a ban on post-Cup threads before we win the cup.

Man I am trying so hard to remain optimistic right now, but winning game 6 is going to entail some hard hard hard work on the wing's part.

:butbut: <--- my face after talbot's goal

Agreed. Call me superstitious but the Wings always seem to lose when this forum thinks the series is in the bag. Whenever bragging and confidence reaches fever pitch, the Wings lose.

Time to institute a ban on post-Cup threads before we win the cup.

well i dont think ANYONE thinks its wrapped up now, half the forum is probably still in bed sulking, calling into work etc...hopefully we win then according to your theory <_<

After last night, I don't know how this is all going to end up. They had a great chance to put Pitts away.

I have faith we can do it, but I'm going to try to stay away from these types of threads. Overconfidence is what got us into this mess, if you're the superstitious type.

well we all know hockey is a game of superstition. thats why I got pissed when NBC showed the guy taking the Cup out. Then again with NBC having a hard on for the Pens i'm not suprised. Sure enough right after that break the Pens scored. I'm sure they will try and do it again. Lets GO WINGS