• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BewareThePenguin

Getting a little nervous, Detroit fans?

Rate this topic

Guest redwingsfan04

Were from hockeytown we have gone through alot of ups and downs bro, we have had a team close to a hundred years! We didnt start watching hockey 2 years ago we are seasoned fans trust me im as cool as a icecube

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Just wondering if a crushing loss like that has raised the fear factor any.

Doo bee doo bee doo.

Why would we be nervous with a 3-2 series lead?

I guess I would be nervous if the Wings weren't filled with veteran players who seem to flick pressure off their shoulder like they would an annoying gnat.

And I think I'd be really nervous if the Wings were chock full of young, inexperienced guys, trailing in the series and hoping to win against a superior team, with one of the finest coaches in all of sport all whilst employing guys like Hal Gill and Rob Scuderi on the blueline. Yeah, if that were the Wings then I'd be really nervous.

Oh yeah, and Ozzie can't remember what he had for breakfast this morning let alone remember that loss or be affected by it. The guy is like a robot (in a good way).

As a fan, I try not to get tooooo invested. If I am a player? Yes I'm nervous. You know what that means? It means that I care about the prize and will fight for it. Does it mean I am crying in the corner? No. Does it mean that I realize there is someone's neck I have to step on to get what I want? Yes. The minute you stop respecting your opponent is the minute you lose. That's why its rare for the Wings to put together only a good third period and still win. The talent level is so close that it will take 60 good minutes to finish this thing.

Always nervous during playoff games for the most part. Strangely enough, my nerves often settle and I enter a calm state if the other team usually scores first. Not that I wish for that to happen obviously, but when we're up even by 2, 3 goals I'm just more nervous holding onto the lead for whatever reasons.

That being said, about the series yep I'm still nervous for the reason that it is defiintely still possible for a team that was trailing 3-1 in a series to win it all. Only happened once in the SCF, but we've seen examples of it happening more than once in other rounds.

From the Penguins point of view...I go back and forth between them thinking that they are just going to be so jacked up, and then back to that they are going to be so gassed out. And I just don't know how loose they'll be, I think the nerves that Detroit showed at home to start might hit the Penguins next game to start, although this is just one idiot's opinion.

From the Red Wings point of view...I sense them being pretty upset at themselves. They outplayed the Penguins from the 3rd on for the most part last game but just couldn't close the deal. If they are able to match whatever intensity level the Penguins have to start, I like their chances to close next game b/c I'd be surprised to see them come out lackadasial given what happened last game.

Who knows what will happen next game, but I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm nervous, but I'm nervous before every game and every series. I the first period tomorrow is going to tell us which way this series will go. Mellon Arena will be absolutely nuts and the wings are going to have to fight through all sorts of no-calls. I believe, but that doesn't mean I'm not nervous.

GO WINGS!

everyone is nervous, including you, who was probably s***ting his pants during last night's game, knowing that each shot could end your team's season

soooo true.

I'll be nervous as hell watching the game, but I always am in the playoffs. But nervous about the state of the series? Not in the least.

Question - how many periods of the 18 so far could you say Pittsburgh have been the better team? 2, maybe 3. Like someone else said, 5on5 you incapable of *anything*. You live and die by your PP and MAF. That might get you 1 or 2 games, but it ain't good enough for a series.

When the Wings bring it, Pens simply cannot live with us.

Why is this a thread? No one gives a flying fart what you think, original poster. You won, we didn't. We all know that. But there's more hockey to play and anything can happen. So please, take you trolling elsewhere.

I'm not nervous....I don't play the games..........

I honestly think it might be easier for us to get the fourth win on the road because you don't have the pressure of trying to win it at home, you don't have all the distractions that you would if you were at home (like having to worry about family calling all the time or old friends looking for tickets, etc).....so basically the away team can work on isolating themselves to focus without all the distractions that come with being at home.....

If the Wings play their game the way they can they should be able to close out the series in Game 6, but I'm not nervous because I don't know if the Pens will get the benefit of the Wings accidentally shooting a puck off a Penguin's foot into their own net again......

Also I knew going into the game last night that we only had to win one out of the next three, where the Pens had to win all three......

I'd also like to add that the loss wasn't really crushing, crushing would have been blowing a 2-0 lead on the road to keep your team's season alive and then allowing the home team to storm back to take the lead, only to see you tie it in the closing seconds of regulation, and then your team losing in 3 overtimes and going home.....so no I'm not crushed at all, and I don't think the Wings will be, they're professionals and have been in these situations before......

Go Wings!

Edited by AUWingsFan

Doo bee doo bee doo.

Not at all. Umm we're up 3-2 over the pens. BTW, when was this "crushing Blow"? It took the Pens 3 overtimes to be able to win the game. I would call a crushing blow 4-0 or 3-0, no? :rolleyes:

Troll...

We completely out played the pens, why would I worry about one loss. You guys still need two to win and we only need one. Besides Our boys love to celebrate on their victims ice

"Man with one leg shouldn't get in shoving match."

That pretty much sums up most of the Pens fans on LGW right now. They are in the hole, not the Wings. It will take 120 minutes of FLAWLESS hockey by the Pens to beat the Wings.

OK, you guys have been WAY too nice to this guy.

I'm always polite as pie to fans of other teams at the Joe...unless they start talking smack first directed at the rest of the crowd, then I kind of feel it is like DIE IN OUR HOUSE!

This little ***** joins LGW a couple of days ago (as so many of them have) and dumps this crap on OUR board...nothing constructive mind you, just talking smack.

This from a team that had no, zero, nada, nil fans two years ago, whose fans on their website are as hockey-savvy as my cat, whose team blocks the opposing team from purchasing tickets, and whose team is STILL down 3-2.

Flame the f@ckers to death!!!!! :ranting:

Nope not even a little. I said all along WIngs in 6 and thats what will happen. I respect your team and city a ton. My dad was from Carnegie and my mom was from Altoona. I grew up loving the Burg but I'm a die hard Wing fan forever. I figured the Pens could muster at least 2 wins but no more. We will hoist on Wednesday night. But I can't stand that azzbag of a coach you have. He makes Crawford look like a iron willed gentleman. Your young players will never grow into their awesome potential with a whiny excuse machine like him. I have a feeling his other teams he coached felt the same way. If anybody needed to "MAN-UP" it him. Good luck Pens. Red Wings, My Red Wings!!! Come on, Come on lets Fly!!!!!!!! Sorry I had to add that.

Fixed.

Actually they still do need to win three in a row. If the Pens were to hypothetically win two more game it would be three in a row. Detroit only needs one more win.

****** Nozzle

Doo bee doo bee doo.

haha, i'd hardly call a loss by one point in a game that went into triple overtime "crushing". a crushing loss, at least how i understand it would be like what you guys experienced in games one and two.

and, uh. you're still one away from elimination, and we're still one away from the cup so may i suggest you go back to your pens boards while the bandwagon is still full. i'm sure most of the "fans" will get bored and move on to the next exciting thing soon, so you might as well say whatever you have to say in there while there are still people who care to read it.

Congratulations to the Pens for being the first team to win the Stanley Cup 2 games to 3. <_<

My answer to yuur question is no.

I'd be nervous if I were you though, you gotta win 2.

Now go away.

:hysterical: That made me laugh out loud. It amazes me when the fans of the team that are down talk trash. :hysterical: