• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsMyWings13

Lines for game 6

Rate this topic

I think with Hank and Dats getting good chances with Dats getting his touch back, you have to start them on the same line again. They were great split up, but I think they could make some magic on the same line.

Well I also think that he'll start with his traditional lines but I think that he might start playing with the line combinations real quick if he isn't see the results that he wants.

Well I also think that he'll start with his traditional lines but I think that he might start playing with the line combinations real quick if he isn't see the results that he wants.

I dont get why coaches do that. Sure if your not getting what you want you are going to try to change things up. But dont forget that the top line of DZH is what got us where we are. If they have a bad period, owell. You know what they are capable of together....

No changes in the starters. As for the lines, I don't think it matters how they start the game. What will matter is the adjustments that are made during the game. Babs is a master at taking the pulse of the game and the team and putting the right combinations together. I wouldn't be surprised to see Z play with Fil and Sammy or Mule some time during the game as well as with Dats and Homer.

Chelios in for Lilja

Mac in for Maltby

Need some fresh life in the team after that loss. The team has to be drained and down. I think those two would help bring life into the team

Chelios in for Lilja

Mac in for Maltby

Need some fresh life in the team after that loss. The team has to be drained and down. I think those two would help bring life into the team

I thought lilja played a good game last night so I don't think he should be switched out.

Hank-Dats-Homer

Huds-Flip-Mule

Cleary-Drapes-Sammy

Drake-Helm-Malts

Thats what I would do to start off the game. If need be, splitting Hank and Dats up worked great last night. Cleary looked good with the Euro twins as well. Helm was flying last night. He may be earning top 9 minutes. I just don't see who would move down in his place.

Edit: Defense

I think Babcock might have been nervous to play Lilja. It just seemed like he wasn't out there very much last night. With a good rest I think it's time to put Cheli back in the lineup.

Lids-Rafi

Kronner-Stuart

Lebda-Chelios

Edited by wingsdiehard13

Yeah it'd be crazy, just think how many goals they'd give up!

Downey will never play in the playoffs.

Exactly. Downey is not a playoff player. He is good at what he does. Which is sticking up for our skill guys during the regular season. We don't need anymore help getting penalties. Besides, Downey had 3 points in 56 games, all being assists.

i'm assuming you're a closet penguins fan?

hey now lets not go name calling. I just think it would be fun to watch. i know it will never happen bust i miss downey

People need to step away from the crack. Maltby, Helm, Hudler, Lilja, and Lebda all played awesome last night. Our 4th line was better than our 3rd line was, and our 3rd pairing was better defensively than our 2nd.

No Chelios, No Mac, No Downey. We played a great game last night, despite the outcome.

If Hank and Dats aren't generating oodles of chances, I think they should slip them up and go back to the lines from last night. I don't want to see Maltby get taken out of the lineup, he looked very good in OT (granted, i know he wasn't as fatigued as the others) I also don't think its time for Cheli, nine times out of ten the wings win. The best change they can make is no change.

Edited by PaVel DaTsYuK fan13

People need to step away from the crack. Maltby, Helm, Hudler, Lilja, and Lebda all played awesome last night. Our 4th line was better than our 3rd line was, and our 3rd pairing was better defensively than our 2nd.

No Chelios, No Mac, No Downey. We played a great game last night, despite the outcome.

I agree that we don't need to sub any players out but the line combinations is more of what I was thinking of. And by the sound of your post you would like the lines to stay the same.

Lilja and Lebda played 24:24 and 23:28 respectivly, in a game that went to triple overtime. Babcock was scared to play them.

Lilja and Lebda played 24:24 and 23:28 respectivly, in a game that went to triple overtime. Babcock was scared to play them.

Chelios had zero ice time. Regardless of how little Lilly and Bert are playing, Babcock trusts them more than he trusts Chelios, otherwise Chelios would be playing.

Franzen - Zetterberg - Samuelsson

Filppula - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Hudler - Helm - Cleary

Maltby - Draper - Drake

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Kronwall - Stuart

Lilly - Lebda

Osgood

The 3rd and 4th lines probably raise some eyebrows, but Jiri and Helm are playing too well to bury them. Put them with Cleary and give them a couple more minutes, say 10 or 12, they could really take off. Still use Draper's line for defensive draws and matchups, but try to give the kids and Cleary more icetime.

And that somehow changes the fact that they played well? They played great. Even CBC was giving compliments to Lebdas great performance through 6 periods of play. Chelios was absolutely brutal in his last game against Dallas, and Pittsburgh is a craftier, speedier team.

Also, you contradict yourself here. IF putting in Chelios over Lilja and Lebda is because we want fresher players, then clearly thats pointless. As you pointed out, Lebda and Lilja didnt play huge minutes last night and wont be overly tired.

As for the "our players will be tired" comments, two things.

1. The best the Pens can do is put in the depressed Letang (his best friend was Luc Bourdon) in exchange for Sydor, or Georges Laraque for Kennedy or Roberts. If they want to do that, more power to them, but it wouldnt be an advantage for them at all.

2. The Pens may be younger, but our puck possession game takes a lot of the dump and chase aspect away. Neither team is going to have a significant advantage over the other in terms of energy. The Wings will play for the Cup. The Pens will play for their lives.

Edited by YoungGuns1340