• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Behind Enemy Lines in CO

Thank you all for a wonderful time!

Rate this topic

Just wanted to say thanks to all the posters here as I really enjoy following the Wings games from Denver.

A few months ago I was diagnosed with stomach cancer, and started to receive kemo. Not a pleasant experience. However this has not worked out so on Wednesday morning I will have surgery to remove 1/2 of my stomach. The good news is that I will no longer be able to eat as much (so will lose some weight) however the bad news is that the survival rate for stomach cancer is not all that great to begin with. My doctors feel confident that the surgery will do the trick so we will see.

My family/doctors will not allow me to watch the game tomorrow night even if I am capable of doing so because my body would not be able to take the strain. My heart was beating very fast on Monday night for most of the game and there is no way I could do the same tomorrow night. It reminds me of when I was a kid watching the Michigan-Ohio State games - I thought I was going to have a heart attack then! I will of course record the game/s to view later if I am able.

Anyways, thanks for all of the great posts. It really helps those of us who do not see the Wings regularly stay in touch.

Thanks again and I hope to be back in the future.

:)

You will be back here soon, And the wings will have given you another Stanley cup to help celebrate, and Crosby will be the one crying... ok lets be realistic, he's already the one crying. Good luck, we're rooting for both you and the wings!

I know you'll pull through. You're a red wing fan.

I hope everything goes well.

PS. I don't know how the doctor expect your heart not to be racing when you know damn well that from 8-11pm ET tomorrow night, there's a game going on.

Guest NumbaSixty-Six

I don't mean to scare you but My aunt died from stomach cancer.... I won't attempt to think about what your going through... Stay positive...

Best wishes, i've been there. Nothing quite as severe, but i'll man up and put this out there, I lost a ******** to cancer and went through Kemo. People make cancer seem like an inevitable end, but that's simply not the truth. I have a close friend and two family members that survived Skin and Throat cancer, didn't lose any of the three. I'm confident in the abilities of treatment centers these days, and we'll be seeing you back here soon enough. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

My family and I will keep you in our prayers. Good luck to you! Never give up. Keep positive, you'll be watching the wings go back-to-back next year!