• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shoe

Hasek has been a real team player!

Rate this topic

Im sure it was hard for the man, going from Starter to backup but before this thing is all said and done win or loose, I think we should recognize that he has taken his spot on the bench and not complained about it, at the end of the games he has come out to congratulate Osgood with a smile after the wins. I think he has been a real team player refraining from being a distraction in the locker room because he was benched may have been hard for him but Im glad he is there just in case.

I thought I should post this before the end of the playoffs because we wont hear about him till later in the summer when the retirement question comes up bot these goalies have done a good job this year they have been a good combo.

Go Team!

He's been great. I'm sure Ozzie has had a few questions for him along the way. I think we really have to recognize all the guys that are being team players. DMac, Cheli, all of them are being great team players and show what hockey is truly about. They as players realize the logo on the front is more important than the name on the back.

I was thinking the same thing.

They are no longer showing Hasek looking pissed off on the bench either...

Well that was finished on game 5 of the Nashville series, but yes, Dom has been great.

He's been great. I'm sure Ozzie has had a few questions for him along the way. I think we really have to recognize all the guys that are being team players. DMac, Cheli, all of them are being great team players and show what hockey is truly about. They as players realize the logo on the front is more important than the name on the back.

I get where your coming from but that is not related. Sitting on the bench has nothing to do with knowing the logo on the front/back.

It's about the will to win being greater than the will to play.

That is where these guys hearts are.

It's about the will to win being greater than the will to play.

That is where these guys hearts are.

WE WANT THE CUP!!!

WE WANT THE CUP!!!

I'll admit that I'm not a great Dom fan, but he has shown a HUGE amount of class. Very few people would have condemned him had he bitched, but he didn't, he showed that he's a team player. I'll be very happy to see him lift the cup and maybe just a little sorry to see him retire (again).

He's been great. I'm sure Ozzie has had a few questions for him along the way.

Why would you be so sure of that? Osgood has won over 400 games regular season and playoffs combined, is a Stanley Cup winner, and has been a Vezina contender. His style is also radically different than Hasek's. Why would Ozzie have questions for Dom?

Note: This is not intended to bash Hasek in any way, just a request for clarification of an odd statement.

It's nice to see Dom get some well-deserved love! He has been the model of class since Ozzie took over. He's been a good teammate, and more importantly, a good friend. He and Ozzie truly are friends and it shows.

Puckloo posted a really good article on him in the Hottest Wing thread. It proves just how awesome he really is!

LET'S WIN THIS THING TOMORROW BOYS! GO WINGS!!!!!

class acts from a classy man. Kudos to Dom for the support he has shown after being moved to be the back up.

and a big Effff you to the media mongrels trying to promote a stink in the locker room saying Hasek would create one. Eat it

I'm so happy this thread was started. I have been thinking about this quite a bit lately. I found this photo taken at practice last Sunday. Honestly, who is a better mentor for Howard than one of the greatest of all time? Hasek is a total class act.

I'll admit that I'm not a great Dom fan, but he has shown a HUGE amount of class. Very few people would have condemned him had he bitched, but he didn't, he showed that he's a team player. I'll be very happy to see him lift the cup and maybe just a little sorry to see him retire (again).

Agreed. Personally I think Dom should retire after the season is up. I'm not saying I hate him or anything, but he needs to think about what's best for the team, not for himself.... (I'm not implying that he WOULD be selfish about it)....

we're applauding a guy for riding the bench now? These are hockey players, not B-ball / Football / Baseball whiners. I expect nothing less from Hasek... Ozzie was doing, and would have done the same thing.

Edited by pavyaz19

Thanks for posting the link in here Loo! And great pics!

SFwingsfan, that pic was a great find! Thanks for sharing it!

pavyaz19, we are not applauding him for riding the bench. We are appreciating him for all he's done for the team this season. Dom is truly a team player, and like you also said, we expect nothing less from him. It's a shame that some have wasted time and space doing nothing but putting him down. I'm very happy to see people on here speaking out about him in a positive way.

WE WANT THE CUP! LET'S GO WINGS!

we're applauding a guy for riding the bench now?

Yes, and for being a team player and putting any personal ego aside when you/I/everybody else knows he'd rather be playing right now.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I don't know if I could hold it together as well as he had. I admire him. He wasn't always a team player, I don't think but he's evolved, much like the rest of the team. I'm glad he's on our team, win or lose.

Hasek is awesome... I wouldnt at all mind him coming back for another season. I still think he can play and he and Ozzie are a great 1 - 2 punch... Since there is no controversy and they have such a great relationship I think they can continue to learn alot from each other and keep each other in tiptop shape.

I agree. They are good for each other. They get along so well, and they really push each other to be the best. Plus, their styles are so different that it keeps the opposition guessing.

Living here in Buffalo,I got to see him Play.and the Saves he would make,would Blow Your mind away..When he left Buffalo,I was Heartbrokin BUT when I woke up that morning and found out he was going to Detroit,I knew that they (wings)were going to Win the Cup and they Did.. :)

Thank You Hasek,

Paul