• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CAredwingsfan91

Babcock sounds off

Rate this topic

Babcock is a great coach, but put him in an even more desperate situation like being held scoreless and down 2-0 in the biggest series series of your career, and he'd most probably down the same exact thing as Therrien...

Now lets play some hockey.

No, he wouldn't.

Detroit played three other teams before this one, and none of the other coaches complained about the officiating, yet they were all on the losing end of those series. Babcock has remarked on the officiating only when asked about it by reporters. Therrien offered unsolicited commentary about it after a single game.

You can't really compare Therrien's antics to what Babcock has done.

Detroit played three other teams before this one, and none of the other coaches complained about the officiating, yet they were all on the losing end of those series. Babcock has remarked on the officiating only when asked about it by reporters. Therrien offered unsolicited commentary about it after a single game commentary about it when asked a completely unrelated question, and held 3 press conferences just to whine about it.

You can't really compare Therrien's antics to what Babcock has done.

There, fixed that for you.

There, fixed that for you.

Not to mention the announcers on CBC he presented a powerpoint presentation to the refs. Containing what he thought were non-calls.

He's already done it! Thats the whole point of this thread! You can debate all you want who whines better, but the fact is they both whine and its about time Detroit fans admit it and quit whining about all of Therrien's whining.

he didnt whine, he was pissed off with it. Once the topic was over, it was done. Babs didn't go on for 3+ games about it.. Even when you won, therrien kept complaining. Theres a difference between being pissed about a call, then whining for a week. Dont try to drag our coach down to your level.

He's already done it! Thats the whole point of this thread! You can debate all you want who whines better, but the fact is they both whine and its about time Detroit fans admit it and quit whining about all of Therrien's whining.

You're telling me that Babcock has whined to reporters in press conferences when his team has trailed a series 2-0 and shutout in both games this year? Huh?

I wouldn't classify what Babcock said in the interview yesterday as "whining" -- he was asked a question, he answered it. Therrien would bring it up even if it wasn't asked, to the point that he was getting snickered at by those in the press.

Yeah. Definitely the same thing. :lol:

he didnt whine, he was pissed off with it. Once the topic was over, it was done. Babs didn't go on for 3+ games about it.. Even when you won, therrien kept complaining. Theres a difference between being pissed about a call, then whining for a week. Dont try to drag our coach down to your level.

He dragged himself down. Read his quotes. Its all there word for word.

"I'm going to try what the other guy has been trying all series"

Admit it. Get over it. Get off Therrien's back. He was pissed off at what he was seeing as well in the first 2 games and knew he had to speak up for his team and address it, just like Babcock did.

"I'm going to try what the other guy has been trying all series"

I think your sarcasm-o-meter is broken. I suggest you take it in for a checkup. That was a dig at Therrien and Therrien alone and not a testament as to how he's going to treat press conferences for the duration of the series.

I think your sarcasm-o-meter is broken. I suggest you take it in for a checkup. That was a dig at Therrien and Therrien alone and not a testament as to how he's going to treat press conferences for the duration of the series.

How convenient that he decided to try and disguise his whining and take a jab a Therrien at the same time. Thats the mark of a great coach for sure. We shall see how things go tonight if the Pens win yet another one. Then we'll really get to see what a standup kind of guy he is.

I admit both the OT penalties were questionable, but Babcock should've taken the high road and not made excuses for his team. They had plenty of chances to win before the Pens ended it.

How convenient that he decided to try and disguise his whining and take a jab a Therrien at the same time. Thats the mark of a great coach for sure. We shall see how things go tonight if the Pens win yet another one. Then we'll really get to see what a standup kind of guy he is.

I admit both the OT penalties were questionable, but Babcock should've taken the high road and not made excuses for his team. They had plenty of chances to win before the Pens ended it.

He has taken the high road the entire series, and the media kept poking at him seeing if he would bite, and he did, but even so in a mature way.

The same cannot be said for the constant complaining and bitching coming from MT

1. Michael Babcock is the ******* man.

2. Therrien has been crying like a baby this whole series. Babs was answering a questioning and taking a little jab at Therrien in doing so. There's no comparison.

Edited by Dabura

Therrien's whining - and make no mistake, it was whining - made him a joke around the hockey world. Listen to his voice, look at his face during those press conferences. A pout on his face, eyes looking all glassy, voice real low and almost unintelligible at times. That's whining.

Babcock, meanwhile, spoke at the podium as he always has. Confident, eyes wide open, voice booming as usual. One can question the officiating without sounded like a blubbering baby and Babcock proved that. Therrien, on the other hand, is still a joke.

How is it "whining" when he answered a question? The media room was laughing at the quips coming during that portion of the press conference. Your whole argument is a weak attempt to somehow drag Babcock down to Therrien's pacifier, bonnet-wearing level and it's just not working.

...and not made excuses for his team.

:lol: When has he EVER made excuses for his team? He never does that -- ever. The two GI calls didn't cost the Red Wings the game, so where exactly is the "excuse" part come into the equation.

If you're going to bring an argument in the future, please come with a bit more than that.

It's funny what Babs said, because I've been saying almost the same thing all season long about Holmstrom being unfairly targeted for his actions around the crease. For a league that wants to increase scoring so badly, it sure has a funny way of rewarding guys who sacrifice their bodies in one of the hardest areas on the ice. The message as it stands right now is, dive to the ice when a stick touches you above the waist, even if it does absolutely nothing to impede your progress, and you'll be rewarded with a power play. But go to the net, absorb the punishment of cross checks to the back, spears, chops on your ankles, punches to the head and having your helmet ripped off 4 or 5 times in a game, and expect to get whistled for goaltender interference.

The NHL is completely f**ked. Mario was right, the NHL is a garage league.

:thumbup:

Babs, I love you, man!

Edited by ILWingsFan1

Ask and you shall receive.

Everyone on here said it wouldn't happen, but it just did. What else is there to say.

When Therrien does it he is a "whiny b....." When Babcock does it he is "the man" and is "fired up."

Whining is whining.

Babcock is a great coach, but put him in an even more desperate situation like being held scoreless and down 2-0 in the biggest series series of your career, and he'd most probably down the same exact thing as Therrien considering that he's whining about a 3 OT game that his team had tons of chances to win and could not convert on them, and his team is up 3-2 in the series still. But he still sees the need to complain.

Now lets play some hockey.

Babcock has a real gripe. Therrien has some fantasy, obstruction theory.

I am not normally a basher of the refs because there is always inconsistencies but.....

I am close to Toronto where it's mostly unbiased radio shows and everyone and I mean everyone is commenting on the very poor officiating in that game. From the goalie interference calls to non calls. One announcer said he has never seen a 3rd period and 1st ot period so dominated by one team without a penalty called. They completely put away the whistles and let Pittsburgh do whatever they wanted.

The thing that I hate most is when a losing team starts to get favours just to make the game closer.

I am not normally a basher of the refs because there is always inconsistencies but.....

I am close to Toronto where it's mostly unbiased radio shows and everyone and I mean everyone is commenting on the very poor officiating in that game. From the goalie interference calls to non calls. One announcer said he has never seen a 3rd period and 1st ot period so dominated by one team without a penalty called. They completely put away the whistles and let Pittsburgh do whatever they wanted.

The thing that I hate most is when a losing team starts to get favours just to make the game closer.

Exactly, Lidstrom took a stick to the face the other game and nobody convienently saw it, Hudlers they see. Z gets blatantly held at the blue line without the puck, no call.

The first goal of the game resulted in a obvious interference on Rafalski who was checked before he could get close to the puck.

Just a few of the tons of examples that happened the last few games that show the fix is in. Gotta give the poster boy his chance to win a cup.

Expect to see the same whistle swallowing when it comes to the Penguins tonight.

What? Babcock never blamed the loss on the calls. Quit making up things that aren't there. The fact is they were BAD calls, and any coach would be upset. At no point did Babcock say those calls cost the Red Wings the game. Therrien on the other hand, "da refs not call enough penalty against Detroit and we lose game."

It's remarkable that any Penguins fan has the guts to call Babock out for a legitimate complaint about two awful calls. Therrien and Crosby have whined and bitched more in this series than Babcock has/will his whole career.

Edited by GoWings1905