• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CAredwingsfan91

Babcock sounds off

Rate this topic

"I'll jump on the soap box," said Babcock. "We talk about scoring more goals in the National Hockey League. We want more goals. No they don't - don't tell me that. I've never seen anything like that in my whole life."

tsn

theres also a video just incase you guys want to check it out if this has been posted you know the drill mods.

go wings!

I can honestly say I have a lot of faith in the Wings because of that man. At no point last night was I worried about lines or match-ups. Babcock should be coach of the year in my opinion.

Probably got tired of avoiding the questions, and just figured that Therrien wasn't fined for his outbursts, so he may as well get his say in too. I'm glad he did honestly, and he did it without sounding like a whiner.

Although it's never too late, I do think it's too late from the perspective we would have won game 5 if not swept this series if he had done so immediately after Therrien whined and complained.

Therrien changed the officials who started targeting Wings for interference, etc all throughout the past several games. No one can disagree with that.

Problem now is, do the boys change up the game plan given they received a couple penalties last night which should NOT have been Penalties. For instance, 2 intereference penalties in O/T.

Edited by sixer

I'm glad to see that Babcock finally said something! I know that the goal was scored on the high sticking call, but the Wings were not helped by the fact they had to kill off two "goaltender interference" penalties.......

I tell you though, Babcock looks even more fired up and I can't imagine how pumped he'll have our guys tomorrow night when they take the ice in Pittsburgh!!

Go Wings!!

does anyone know if Therrian is up for coach of the year??? i haven't been keeping track of that, damn i hope we pull it off if hes nominated i would be disgusted if he won it all.

Bruce Boudreau (Washington) and Guy Carbonneau (Montreal) are the other two finalists.

Probably got tired of avoiding the questions, and just figured that Therrien wasn't fined for his outbursts, so he may as well get his say in too. I'm glad he did honestly, and he did it without sounding like a whiner.

Expect the fines to come from Bettman soon.

It's funny what Babs said, because I've been saying almost the same thing all season long about Holmstrom being unfairly targeted for his actions around the crease. For a league that wants to increase scoring so badly, it sure has a funny way of rewarding guys who sacrifice their bodies in one of the hardest areas on the ice. The message as it stands right now is, dive to the ice when a stick touches you above the waist, even if it does absolutely nothing to impede your progress, and you'll be rewarded with a power play. But go to the net, absorb the punishment of cross checks to the back, spears, chops on your ankles, punches to the head and having your helmet ripped off 4 or 5 times in a game, and expect to get whistled for goaltender interference.

The NHL is completely f**ked. Mario was right, the NHL is a garage league.

What does Babs says when they ask if he's talked to the league about it? Before everyone at the PC starts to laugh. He was like "zero, just ?"

By saying that to the press he has talked to the league, since the league doesn't talk to him.