• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

2008 SCF Game 6 GDT: Red Wings 3, Penguins 2

Rate this topic

I second the post about coming out like they did against Dallas. They took that game over early and held on well. We need the same effort tonight!

Thursday morning Storyline

"The Detroit Red Wings rallied to win the Stanley Cup after a heartbreaking three overtime loss at their home ice at the Joe Louis arena. All the momentum and energy seemed to be on the side of the Pittsburgh Penguins, but the experienced leadership of the Red Wings Captains came through strong with a smothering 5-1 victory for their eleventh Stanley Cup. The win in game six was only the second loss at Mellon Arena in 21 games, a somewhat intimidating statistic for the Red Wings to face up to after losing the momentum in game 5. But the team stepped up a strong with a lot of credit going to the coaches and Captains for finishing the job as a visiting team." Does that sound OK??

Thursday morning Storyline

"The Detroit Red Wings rallied to win the Stanley Cup after a heartbreaking three overtime loss at their home ice at the Joe Louis arena. All the momentum and energy seemed to be on the side of the Pittsburgh Penguins, but the experienced leadership of the Red Wings Captains came through strong with a smothering 5-1 victory for their eleventh Stanley Cup. The win in game six was only the second loss at Mellon Arena in 21 games, a somewhat intimidating statistic for the Red Wings to face up to after losing the momentum in game 5. But the team stepped up a strong with a lot of credit going to the coaches and Captains for finishing the job as a visiting team." Does that sound OK??

:clap: Perfect!!!

But I say 6-2. Mule and Danny x2, Lilja, and Hank/Pavel. :siren:

Edited by wingnut40

Not going to be an easy task tonight which is good that we have the game 7 buffer at home in a worse case scenario tonight, somtehing I' sure most Pen fans would stand on a box and scream obstruction for.

Anyways it's going to tough for our wings to win this one as they are going to do everything they can to make sure that a game 7 takes place on NBC, the league officials I'm talking about. The Pens meanwhile, Crosby will continue to show up though if he has an off game Pens will be torn apart, but I'm confident we'll find our chances and commit less errors than we did in game 3. As long as we can keep fro giving them a goal or two we should win just playing the way we have, but I think we may step it up tonight and really start respondoing to the pressure just like we have all year when a team starts creeping back into the series.

Penguins 18, Red Wings 2

Confusion ruled the day in the Penguins dressing room as Penguins centerman Evgeni Malkin, rather than participating in the morning skate, instead stayed behind to work in a makeshift, mobile chemistry lab he's been traveling with throughout the Stanley Cup Finals. Malkin, apparently, is an avid chemistry buff who has spent the past few days trying to invent an effective, and legal, performance enhancing drug. Asked if he's had any success with his experiments, Malkin explained, "I tried to come up with something I could take in pill form that would increase my speed, stamina and alertness for the Stanley Cup Finals. So far, no luck with that. But the good news is, as you've seen this past week, I've come up with a pill that makes me invisible on the ice."

Joe Louis Arena icekeeper Al Sobotka saw an opportunity to test a theory before game 5 last Monday and took advantage of it. Sobotka's theory, it turns out, was sound. Sobotka approached Penguins coach Michel Therrien and asked him if they could have a private word about the playing surface at the center of the rink before the ice was prepared. The sneaky Sobotka then reached for a microphone and placed it in front of Therrien's face. Therrien reflexively produced tears in such quantity that Sobotka was able to freeze them and create a suitable ice surface for that night's game.

I made an error and posted this in the wrong thread seemed appropriate for this one..

Highs-mids-lows, what else but being a Redwing Fan gives you all that emotion day in and day out. Hell I don't care if they are in season or not, a part of our minds are always on them. Were all FANatics ...we throw s***...curse...turn the channel...demand trades....and swear off watching them evr again when someone makes a foolish mistake, and this happens every game of every season.

I'ts killing me right now being away from Detroit. There is no better time to be a fan and chilling downtown than when ALL the boys of Summer and Winter show up.

I have followed the boys since I was seven back in the blood bath days of the Norris and was lucky enough to see #19 several times in his rookie season. In my 20's I Waited 4 years to get season tickets and no sooner did I get them did I move to Florida. You want to talk about pain, try giving up season tickets in 96.

If this goes to 7, I will make the trip back to the 'D' and belly up to the bar at the Post to chew what is left of my fingernails down a bit more in hopes of a crazy celebration.

The winged wheel flys on my beach every day win or lose and if the hockey gods bring us the cup my flag will still fly....if the hockey gods take the cup away well, the winged wheel without question will still be flying over the beaches here in Destin and the cursing, screaming and gutwrenching emotion will carry me thru until they drop the puck next fall.

My heart is racing as I type this just like yours and Pens fans alike. We are FANatics and regardless what happens that will never change.

WE WANT THE CUP! :champs:

Edited by CanadaBoy

haven't closed out a series at home yet this playoff run and that won't change. needed 6 against nash, 6 against dallas, and so to do we need just 6 against the pens.

no prediction. but we weather an early pens onslaught to come out of the 1st up by 1 and never look back.

ozzie will be stellar tonight and win the conn smythe. he friggin deserves it.

Ill post this here too:

I had a dream the Red Wings won the game tonight. Ive had two hockey dreams already. The first was before game 5 against Dallas, where I dreamt we lost. The second was before game 6 against Dallas, where I dreamt we won.

Obviously a good start will be key. They can't let the Pens get the crowd into it nor can they let the Pens score first. Discipline will also be key as special teams could decide things. I have a feeling they'll win but it'll take a consistent and mistake free effort for 60 minutes. Close it out tonight, boys. Go Wings!