• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

2008 SCF Game 6 GDT: Red Wings 3, Penguins 2

Rate this topic

I dreamt the Stanley Cup grew arms and pimp smacked Bettman when he tried to pick it up. I have no idea how/if that pertains to a win or not, but GO WINGS!

Edited by The Wheeled Winger

i dont care how it gets done Wings, make it happen and TONIGHT!!!

yes im very disappointed at the loss from game 5 but that will mean nothing if the Wings take it tonight.

to be totally honest i dont know what to expect.

The last game the Wings might have gotten ahead of themselves, with the anticipation of the game, the distraction over getting tickets for friends and family, etc.

Many of us got ahead of ourselves on Monday for sure. We shouldn't get ahead of ourselves again tonight.

The Wings will not. With less distractions on the road and the bad taste fresh in their mouths after letting the last one slip away, the Wings will come out motivated, focused, determined, relentless.

They will play the game of their lives tonight.

I have a feeling that we're going to see a good, old-fashioned hockey game, with hard hits, long shifts, and no more of these BS calls by the refs. I say we're in for a tight one, going to the middle of the 3rd tied, but the Wings win!

DET: 3 (Big Z, Lidstrom, Drake)

PIT: 2 (Whiney Brat #1, Whiney Brat #2)

Conn Smyth: Big Z (although the Wizard of Oz deserves it more, I feel)

The last game the Wings might have gotten ahead of themselves, with the anticipation of the game, the distraction over getting tickets for friends and family, etc.

Many of us got ahead of ourselves on Monday for sure. We shouldn't get ahead of ourselves again tonight.

The Wings will not. With less distractions on the road and the bad taste fresh in their mouths after letting the last one slip away, the Wings will come out motivated, focused, determined, relentless.

QFT

We

Will

Win

GO WINGS!

Yeah thats kind of how I feel about it. Game 5, there was too much fanfare, planning for victory, etc, that they got ahead of themselves. It was too ideal a situation for the Wings to win the cup, IMO, so tonight they have a good challenge on their hands and will buckle down to win it.

Not to mention the ridiculous Channel 4 News Team and their assumptions before the game about having a "shiny friend" next to them after the game. IMO, NBC (Nothing But Crosby) needs to stick to what it knows best: crappy sitcoms, lame game shows, and the news.

Edited by FearTheScreen

Wings Win Wednesday

...sorry but thats just meant to be.

Come onnnnnn, keep that opinion in your head man.. your throwing us off. <_<

Seriously though, the Wings will win tonight. They will end this and it's gonna be good.

By 10 40 tonight the hockey season will have come to an end, and we will be the ones who are satisfied.

I can't wait to see Nick lift the cup.

Seriously though, the Wings will win tonight. They will end this and it's gonna be good.

By 10 40 tonight the hockey season will have come to an end, and we will be the ones who are satisfied.

dude today is wednesday...wings win today...

That being said... I was having doubts at the beginning of the day today, and I tried cancelling them out but my mind sometimes just goes out of control.

Then out of nowhere, Living on a Prayer comes on... the song by Bon Jovi they play at the Joe about 99% of games played.

It was awesome, my hopes were revived and the Wings WILL win tonight.

i truly thought it was the end when Rafalski scored last game,

ive been on such a low in terms of viewing this series since Talbot scored.

make things change tonight Wings, us fans had the tease of a lifetime seeing the Cup taken out and polished...then not awarded.

this may have already been posted, but I don't have time to read back...

from snapshots (blog) on mlive, George Malik reports:

Detroit Red Wings defenceman Chris Chelios spoke to WCSX's JJ and Lynne on Wednesday morning, and in the 8:19 report, Chelios suggests that the Wings need to improve in terms of their PP, PK, and Osgood must play at his best so that the Wings can avoid a seventh game in Detroit.

He does note that the Wings are bringing in their families on a charter this afternoon.

That tells me they plan to win tonight. :cool: Go, Wings!!!! Finish this!!!!!!