• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

2008 SCF Game 6 GDT: Red Wings 3, Penguins 2

Rate this topic

Great game and in my opinion, the Pens were compeltely out played and outclassed. 5-on-5, they couldn't do anything against the Wings.

And while every analyst went back to kissing Malkin's ass, he was only visible on the PP.

The Wings dominated that game and if it weren't for some very suspsect penalties, it could have easily been a shutout victory.

I'm a big fan of Crosby's but after the game he again said how he felt both teams had equal scoring chances.

He was on the ice, but the big picture I saw was a Wings team that was clearly dominating a young Pittsburgh team. It was fun watching the Pens struggle to even carry the puck through the neutral zone.

WoW! What more can i say, plenty actually, still just taking it in, celebrated last night and still havent slept, layed in bed listening to the Ticket 97.1, cant get enough of all the postgame and highlights. The game to finish it had me gasping for air in those last 2 minutes, we got it done thats the most important thing. That Z goal sneaking in man, there is so much that can be said about the win and the series in general, Stuart's hit on Crosby, instant classic!

Seeing all the boys out on the ice enjoying the moment that was great, this was the most emotional cup win or run for me to watch.

I enjoyed the roller coaster ride with all the fellow LGW'ers.

To all who doubted it and all those analysts that said were arent tough enough, or any other gibberish that was discussed, DETROIT RED WINGS STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2008.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great game and in my opinion, the Pens were compeltely out played and outclassed. 5-on-5, they couldn't do anything against the Wings.

And while every analyst went back to kissing Malkin's ass, he was only visible on the PP.

The Wings dominated that game and if it weren't for some very suspsect penalties, it could have easily been a shutout victory.

I'm a big fan of Crosby's but after the game he again said how he felt both teams had equal scoring chances.

He was on the ice, but the big picture I saw was a Wings team that was clearly dominating a young Pittsburgh team. It was fun watching the Pens struggle to even carry the puck through the neutral zone.

Couldn't agree more... and thanks for telling us detroit was going to win tonight no question in your mind... gave me confidence and i was less stresss even though that last second killed me lol

CONGRATS WINGS!!!!

:champs:

GO WINGS GO!!!!!!!

Woo hoo, Stanley Cup Champs!!!

To the Detroit Red Wings: Thank-you for everything this year. What an awesome season/post season. You made having to pay for Centre Ice worth while. Thank-you for letting me brag about 'my Wings' to my coworkers, instead of being the one they say next year, maybe. I'll be saying that now (specially to the Pen fan here)!!! Thank-you for the hard work all season, but especially during the SC finals when you were sore, tire, injured whatever, when you would have rather took a shift off, and decided not to. Thank-you.

To the members of Letsgowings: Thanks for an awesome season of fact filled, hockey anaysis, comraderie, and just plain being the bomb! You guys make every shift at work for me go a little bit quicker. Thanks for the laughs (my coworkers thank you as well, as they hear most of the jokes from me...) and the engagin arguments. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

I'm stuck in Leaf Country, but my heart is in Motown right now!!!

:clap:

Man I havent come down from cloud 9. Winning the Cup at home is sweet, winning it on the other teams home ice is sweeter. Rubs salt in the wound.

Congrats to the boys. They proved a lot of doubters wrong.

I suppose I offer a congratulations to Detroit Red Wings Hockey Club on being far and away the best NHL team this season, consistenly beating every opponent they faced (except one).

See you next season on Madison Street.

Hopefully Detroit will be more prepared next season for you ;)