• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockey9019

Official Wings Cup Parade Information

Rate this topic

wish we could be there...

:ranting: to all those lucky people living in Michigan!!!!

boo-hoo for us! :(

I believe that FSD will be televising the parade for those of us who can't make it. I am tempted to go because its my birthday, but man, its 2.5 hour drive away for me to go since I live in GR. :)

Question though, when is the Stanley Cup Celebration then? You know the one where all the players are at the JLA and each of them go up and talk. It's usually always the day before the parade, it can't be tomorrow can't it?

This is my question too. My guess is that this thing will be either Friday night or Saturday night, most likely Saturday. If any season ticket holders have info that would be great. I have my dad asking around too. Trying to get tickets to go since I won't be able to go to the parade. Already taking Monday and Tuesday off.

I believe that FSD will be televising the parade for those of us who can't make it. I am tempted to go because its my birthday, but man, its 2.5 hour drive away for me to go since I live in GR. :)

Just do it - go go go! (I only tempt you more because my husband and I are leaving tonight from GR and grabbed a hotel so we could be there early in the morning!)

Hope that's true. I want to see, and there's no other way to do that from Florrida.

Bless Directv, and the 87 sports channels I don't otherwise watch. (They black out the good stuff to make you buy Center Ice)

For those of us who have never attended the Stanley Cup parade before and are maybe coming from out of town, I know I would really appreciate some tips from those of you who have done this before.

Any info on good places to park, best places to view the parade, how early to get there, how long the festivities last etc would be really appreciated!

I so wish they would have the parade on Saturday! More people would be able to attend. I cannot get the day off of work :(

I did go to the 2002 parade, and it was incredible. For those of you lucky enough to be going, have a great time!!

FSN

Congratulations Red Wings,

2008 Stanley Cup Champs!

Parade Coverage

Friday 9 am-2:30 pm

Catch a special Cup-celebration edition of

RED WINGS WEEKLY

Friday 10:30 pm

(or after Tigers baseball)

& Saturday 11:30 am

Should I spend the money on a jersey or not????

I mean...it is going to be 90°+ tomorrow....

If you haven't got one already... don't bother just for tomorrow.

I am thinking I am going to buy a locker room shirt or one of those shirts with the roster on the back (although it is BLACK and that doesn't bode well)

GRRR the UAW and big 3 are pissing me off right now for the way they helped destroy all of Metro Detroit with their stupid lobbying against public transportation over the years.

Edited by Jwo

I'll be there with the wife and kids tomorrow.

This Free Press link has a nice map of the parade route showing some parking possibilities.

It also says the mayor will be there...I'm sure he will have to come out with Stevie Y or someone else so he doesn't get unmercifully booed!

for those of you who have been there before, is it safe enough for 3 teenagers by themselves???

...i'm trying to convince my mom to let me go.

i have final exams tomorrow, i'm only going to the first one. my other teacher is letting me take it this afternoon, i'm lucky that she understands my obsession!

for those of you who have been there before, is it safe enough for 3 teenagers by themselves???

...i'm trying to convince my mom to let me go.

i have final exams tomorrow, i'm only going to the first one. my other teacher is letting me take it this afternoon, i'm lucky that she understands my obsession!

Haha, downtown detroit is fairly safe. Just avoid the outskirts and the mayor and you should be fine :rolleyes: