• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockey9019

Official Wings Cup Parade Information

Rate this topic

So where is the official LGW meeting place?

Yes where? I have always had to work on the parades so I have never been to them. How early do i have to be there?

For everyone saying it should be on the weekend, more people would come, I think that's why they are doing it on a weekday so it's not totally crazy. They pulled in a million + I think all 3 times, first two for sure, imagine if those were on a saturday. And that first one was crazy when everyone went into the streets when Stevie went by. I know I went out there and I was only 14 at the time. Surprised I didn't get trampeled. Did shake Mr. I's hand though.

Will the Wings be doing a rally for the suite holders, ect at Joe Louis like they did years back? It was hilarious and it was aired on TV.

No one here has said anything. I would assume they will be doing it again. They've done it all the other 3 times. I'm getting it looked into. If I hear anything I'll post it here. If they do it my guess is either Friday night or Saturday night. More likely Saturday.

well since no one has really stepped up with some info about where to park where to stand what is closed down ECT ECT I have done some poking around

The free press link above has a map and limited info that article says go here for more www.theparade.org that's basically a corporate site with no info either. That site leads to www.clickondetroit.com and that's another news type site that quickly gets away from parade info and tells a sports story.

I remember reading once people were disappinted that the joe parking wasn't open for the parade in the past so scratch that idea.

Is the transit system linked to any safe parking spots? Eg run through a hotel with a parking garage? I'll be coming from Toronto and right now my plans are to be there early I might even leave tonight after work and stay at a hotel in michigan.

for those of you who have been there before, is it safe enough for 3 teenagers by themselves???

...i'm trying to convince my mom to let me go.

i have final exams tomorrow, i'm only going to the first one. my other teacher is letting me take it this afternoon, i'm lucky that she understands my obsession!

Yes... you aren't just in detroit with the "normal" people... you will be 3 of around a million die hard wings fans... you will be safe! people will have your back if something happens

Thanks and please create a new thread when you hear any details.

No one here has said anything. I would assume they will be doing it again. They've done it all the other 3 times. I'm getting it looked into. If I hear anything I'll post it here. If they do it my guess is either Friday night or Saturday night. More likely Saturday.

I can't go! :crybaby: With the 9+ hour drive for me I'd have to leave right now o_O Plus we have like... no money and I have to work anyway. <_<

So for everyone going, have fun and I can't wait for the pictures and videos!

Another thing, will this be on TV at all for those of us who can't go?

Edited by wingsgirl001

Anyone know how far of a walk it is from Cobo to Hart Plaza? I was thinking about parking in Greektown and taking the people mover to Cobo and then walking from there to Hart Plaza.

I can't go! :crybaby: With the 9+ hour drive for me I'd have to leave right now o_O Plus we have like... no money and I have to work anyway. <_<

So for everyone going, have fun and I can't wait for the pictures and videos!

Another thing, will this be on TV at all for those of us who can't go?

It'll be on every station here in Detroit. 2, 4, 7 and FSN. I would also assume that many of those stations will have it being streamed from their websites.

this will be my first parade. I see that it starts at hockey town cafe and ends at hart plaza. where is a good spot to be in. Do you want to be in the very front, the end? What? Are there any chacnes for autographs if you wait at the hart plaza for the parade to end or how does it usually work?

To everyone

IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A GOOD TIME, GO TO HART PLAZA! EVERY PARADE IS DIFFERENT! YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET STUFF SIGNED, YOU MIGHT NOT! IF YOU ARE BRINGING LITTLE KIDS, HART PLAZA MAY NOT BE THE BEST IDEA SINCE, IT IS A HUGE PARTY BEFORE AND AFTER

Hi,

i am from germany and have no local TV from Detroit in my cable. Would you please post some links from websites where they might livestream the parade.

Thanks!

PS. I´ve been to the JLA for the first playoff game against NSH and i am proud to have seen the Stanley Cup champs there!

Edited by Sebwing

for those of you who have been there before, is it safe enough for 3 teenagers by themselves???

...i'm trying to convince my mom to let me go.

i have final exams tomorrow, i'm only going to the first one. my other teacher is letting me take it this afternoon, i'm lucky that she understands my obsession!

IT'S A GO!!!!!!!

I just have to take my older brother with me!!!

so where is the best place to be???

Edited by mooose kiiisses

It'll be on every station here in Detroit. 2, 4, 7 and FSN. I would also assume that many of those stations will have it being streamed from their websites.

All right, cool. :thumbup:

I'll probably be working but I'll be turning on FSN at work. :lol: