• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redeyedwings

Dedications

Rate this topic

to all the fans in Detroit and everyone else around this world. Amazing night, another dream come true. but dang NBC for no celeb ration coverage.

It sounded like the announcers were heartbroken when the wings won, seriously. No excitement, just a low monotone voice explaining what was going on.

To Babs, for installing that never quit attitude

To Dats, for making a pick pocket a good thing

To Z, for dominating from start to finish, when Lids steps down we have the next great leader

To Mac, what a long strange trip its been, welcome home my dear old friend

To Drapes, without your face offs we wouldn't be near the possession team we are

To Dallie, you've come full circle, laid it all on the line, you sir are a warrior

To Ozzie, you son of a *****, you provided the calm we needed when we needed it most

Kronner, you brought back the element of #16, something that has been long overdue

Lids, you made it all look so simple

To the entire Wings organization, thank you for a great year.

...for "Behind Enemy Lines in CO", hoping that his surgery went well, and while he didn't watch the game, I sure the hell hope someone will tell him soon that the Wings did it and boy was it a heart stopper. Good thing he didn't watch. Get well soon.

Amen to that. It's situations like this on that make me want to cry. Stay strong and I will pray for you and your family.

For all us Wing fans, who have been through a lot since our last cup win.

First round exits, heart breaking losses in the confrence finals, and the list goes on.

Here's to us Wing fans!

To all the red wing fans on LGW.com Thank you for just being here :thumbup:

Amen to that!

I'd want to take a moment out of my celebrations to thank everyone in the Wings Organization for giving me something year in and year out to be proud of. Seeing all of the hard work and dedication pay off tonight fills me with a joy that few things can. Enjoy the summer boys, you've earned it and I'll be enjoying it with you in spirit!!

To Babs, for installing that never quit attitude

To Dats, for making a pick pocket a good thing

To Z, for dominating from start to finish, when Lids steps down we have the next great leader

To Mac, what a long strange trip its been, welcome home my dear old friend

To Drapes, without your face offs we wouldn't be near the possession team we are

To Dallie, you've come full circle, laid it all on the line, you sir are a warrior

To Ozzie, you son of a *****, you provided the calm we needed when we needed it most

Kronner, you brought back the element of #16, something that has been long overdue

Lids, you made it all look so simple

To the entire Wings organization, thank you for a great year.

Could not have said it better :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

...for "Behind Enemy Lines in CO", hoping that his surgery went well, and while he didn't watch the game, I sure the hell hope someone will tell him soon that the Wings did it and boy was it a heart stopper. Good thing he didn't watch. Get well soon.

I feel the same way with this one. Get well bud, you gotta help us celebrate

To Cleary. Definitely well deserved, Edmonton lost out on a lot when they dealt him away. I shed a tear when I saw him shed a tear.

To Lids. For making history.

just to all the Wings, the organization and the fans all around the world!

For every last one of us that kept hope alive believed in this team and were called everything from homers to unrealistic!!!

This one is for us!!!

For all of the players, especially the guys without a cup before, who played their asses off all season!

To the future, which looks very very bright!!

Dedication.

I say this cup is for us. The FANS the true fans, bandwagon fans and every one in between. It is for the fans that stay up for the west coast games. The fans that only shrug thier shoulder when people say regular season games do not matter. The fans that get into arguements over goalies, because thier passion and love for thier guy makes them emotional. The fans that watch every minute of the game instead of American Idol. The fans that wear thier red and white at the games instead of a buisness suit or some trendy Hollister Tee. The fans that gripe, complain, cuss, throw adament objects because of a bad call. Fans that feel terrible because of a loss. Fans that are hungover today because they celebrated until the wee hours. Fans that respect one another but are willing to make someone feel stupid with knowledge. Fans who hate Tiger Wood's for his stupid comments. Who hate Gary Bettman. Fans that support the wings win or lose, 1st round exit or Stanley Cup. It is for us. The fans that spew tasteless jokes in the Chat room. The fans that decorate thier house even though it looks trashy. For the pick up truck riders for celebration. For the kids that stayed awake. Even for the fickle fans that just jumped on the bandwagon. You have to start somewhere.

To US. Cheers.

For all the die hards on this board that love the Wings no matter what and kept the positive energy going even after a devastating Game 5 loss.

For Ozzie, who proved to everyone that he still has it and that 98 wasn't a fluke.

For Zetterberg, who OWNED the best player in hockey. I think that title is about to change.

For all the Wings fans in places other than Detroit. Living in Pittsburgh, its been a tough couple weeks, but the feeling today is OHHHH so good!

Last and definitely not least, for my 5 month old son, Caleb whose middle name is "Yzerman". He sat with and watched almost every second of every game with me. For a little guy, he can stay up pretty late. :P I can always say the Wings won the Cup in our hometown the season you were born.

This Cup is for behind enemy lines!!!!!

This Cup is for us fans here on this website!!

I wish that I could have watched this game with my brother who lives in Wyoming!!

This Cup is also for my Mom!! I was at work lastnight during the game, but caught the very end of the game! She called me crying her eyes out, and then I lost it too!! This team means so much to all of us in my family, and to all of us here on this website! You never forget where you came from and who you watched your first game with!! I have so many memories with this team!!

This Cup is for the Citizens of HOCKEYTOWN!!!!

For my wife, who 8 years ago didn't know the Red Wings existed and now was ready to cry when were driving home from Detroit Tuesday morning.

She was happy the Wings won it in 2002, but she wasn't really a fan at that point. Now, she loves this team like non-other.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

this one's for all the assholes on community.livejournal.com/veganpeople who banned me for being a wings fan.

and also for my sister, who looks like a girl version of henrik zetterberg and even though she gets pissed when i say that, ran around last night in jubilation yelling "i got the conn smythe! i got the conn smythe!".

and for my nephew joseph james janavikas who was born during game five, and was supposed to be a stanley cup baby, but will probably settle for being born two days beforehand. he will be a hell of a hockey player one day, i know it.

and for his parents, romeo and laura, who host the best hockey watching parties, and who refused to let the doctors turn the game off, even while laura was in the throes of labour.

it's been a good year, hasn't it?

In 1997, I lost my mom to cancer...she didn't see us win the Cup. Now it's 2008, and I'm losing my father to Alzheimer's...and we win it again. Life, as Pasha says, is full of paradoxes.

This is for my mom and dad...

It's also for all of the loyal fans who stay up til 1 and 2 AM watching the west coast games...and the ones across the pond who get up at 4 and 5 AM to catch games.

A player? It's for Pasha...who finally - FINALLY shed the "Playoff choker" and "soft Euro" tags for all time. You aren't anywhere near those things, sweetheart. Not any more.

It's also for D-Mac. What a redemption of a soul...

Edited by Kira

My dedications:

1. Darren McCarty - What a story. The man was below rock bottom, came back and won the Stanley Cup. I've always loved Darren and wanted him to come back and be a part of the franchise he said he hated leaving. So when he did come back, needless to say I was overjoyed. He had personal problems, but who are any of us to judge? No one here is without issue, no matter what that issue is. I'm proud of him for what he accomplished. I hope he stays true to what he's worked to accomplish and I hope we see him next season.

2. Chris Osgood - The "worst goalie to win the Stanley Cup" has been redeemed, at least in my eyes. He was always so underrated and I think, under-appreciated by the fans and media in Detroit. He always seemed to be playing second fiddle to someone, whether it be Mike Vernon or Dominik Hasek, but when the team needed him the most, he showed up. Like Babcock said, if you change your goalies midway through the series, you're fishing in three days. He carried this team all the way to a Stanley Cup and there's no way we win without him. I love Dom a lot, he's done great things for us......but there's no way we're here right now if he was the starting goalie. The list of Red Wings I would go to the mat for is rather small; Nick Lidstrom, Steve Yzerman (when he was playing) and Chris Osgood. I'm thankful we have him.

3. The kids - The players we said we couldn't win with because we didn't pay out the nose for them and they weren't already HOF'ers. Everyone thought after the salary cap, we would never be able to win because our team's structure and dynamic would so greatly altered. Well if anything, we proved them absolutely WRONG. Them and the "overrated Swedes" as one person I know calls them.

For all the talk about the Wings being the Yankees of hockey, this one's for a team that was, at heart, all a group of unwanted underdogs at one point or another. Late draft picks, unsigned training camp invitees, little-regarded free agents, people who bounced in and out of the sport.

To build a team out of so many players that have spent time on the Island of Misfit Toys into a group of guys who believe so much in each other and want to see everyone on the team succeed is a pretty amazing accomplishment.

Sometimes I feel like it's Red Wings v. the World. And look out, World.