• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NEpats1028

Darren McCarty

Rate this topic

Even after his playing days..did you see when he took the mic from the reporter and started interviewing Ozzie?? He did a better job then anyone i saw all night!!

...a Mickey Redmond in the making??

No doubt DMac set himself up for a post hockey career with that interview.

Guess I am one of the only Wings fans who hates the guy. Too many addictions and problems for me to think the guy has even one ounce of class. I never would have brought him back. He is the only wing I ever disliked.

Guess I am one of the only Wings fans who hates the guy. Too many addictions and problems for me to think the guy has even one ounce of class. I never would have brought him back. He is the only wing I ever disliked.

People make mistakes, and Darren seems to have at least tried to make up for them. What did he ever do to you?

Because your own problems (and I'm sure they exist) are of some sort of lesser nature. Let's face it, we all have problems just as nasty, just in different ways. Some people have a natural predisposed weakness to substance and activity addiction (likely this is the case for D-Mac with his drinking/other stuff and gambling). The fact he is able to overcome it speaks bounds. I know I haven't been able to overcome my own problems yet, I've got a long way to go to reach the point McCarty has. You want to call me classless because of that? Be my guest, but I hope you've got a parachute to dismount from that horse.

On a more positive note, I think he's still got a couple more years left in him. Fair to middling enforcer these days, great team guy, decent grinding depth player. If he manages to get himself somewhat back into shape, he'll probably fill Drake's role as a 4th line vet. I liked seeing the double Darren's out on the ice together, and Helm seems to make up for McCarty's biggest weaknesses. D-Mac seems to still have a pretty serviceable shot for a 3rd/4th liner.

If not that, he's good veteran #13 material and will probably be happy just to be there.

Just an amazin story he ended up being. He really busted his but to get back to the NHL. He started from the bottom and worked his way all the way back to the best team in the NHL.

Hope he plays one more year, if not more. He truly is an inspiration.

Because your own problems (and I'm sure they exist) are of some sort of lesser nature. Let's face it, we all have problems just as nasty, just in different ways. Some people have a natural predisposed weakness to substance and activity addiction (likely this is the case for D-Mac with his drinking/other stuff and gambling). The fact he is able to overcome it speaks bounds. I know I haven't been able to overcome my own problems yet, I've got a long way to go to reach the point McCarty has. You want to call me classless because of that? Be my guest, but I hope you've got a parachute to dismount from that horse.

So sue me for not trusting alcoholic coke heads with gambling addictions. LMAO I think my natural distrust of this caliber of person is probably the best way to play it safe.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATORADE!!!!!!!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATORADE!!!!!!!!

:P

In all seriousness though, great for McCarty fighting an addicition, and from the look of things completely conquering it. We all know he's not the player he once was in the late 90s/early century, but to see him be pretty successful in his comeback attempt all things considering with his role, and looking like he's straightening his personal life out, you have to just be really proud of this man.

Will his name be on the Cup? I was thinking there is some rule about the # of games that have to be played to get your name on the Cup??

As far as his personal life....that is a sad story for sure.....but turning it all around is a inspiring story for sure!! I truly hope he is able to keep on the path of recovery.

Will his name be on the Cup? I was thinking there is some rule about the # of games that have to be played to get your name on the Cup??

As far as his personal life....that is a sad story for sure.....but turning it all around is a inspiring story for sure!! I truly hope he is able to keep on the path of recovery.

He played in the Finals, so yes. It's 41 regular season games or a Finals appearance. Players can also be added by special petition- I would be mildly surprised if Meech wasn't.

So sue me for not trusting alcoholic coke heads with gambling addictions. LMAO I think my natural distrust of this caliber of person is probably the best way to play it safe.

It's also the best way to never see the perseverance or the best in people. <_<

Has anyone close to you ever had an addiction? If not, you really have no idea what you are talking about.

Never having an addiction to alcohol, but knowing personally some alcoholics, I can imagine there probably were a few times in that dressing room that he looked sideways at that champagne, especially on a night like that. I give him HUGE props, and i'll be screaming D-Mac as he goes by in the parade tomorrow.

LOVED his interview with Ozzie, especially when they joked about Drake being so old he fell asleep twice during the OTs in game 5!

I was listing to CBC hockey night radio today on my way home from shoping and Ken Daniels said that McCarty was going to probably be signed to a league minimum two-way contract.

On a side note he also said that Downey while being a great guy and a major asset will not be back next season due to there not being enough room. This is a dumb move if you ask me. But oh well.