• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey9019

Did anyone notice Bettman

Rate this topic

Well, I'd be a little twitchy too! Maybe he heard about the bounty and was expecting to dodge and octopus! I'll say one thing, though, I hadn't heard about the Lou Gherigs before, but I wouldn't wish ALS on anybody, not even him. If he does have it, I wish him well. That is one heartbreakingly terrible disease.

Not sure how valid this is but I just read somewhere that he was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's Disease.

No matter what type of person he is, he is human, and if this is true, I wish him well. That is an awful disease to have

I did a quick google search on it and didn't find anything so I am curious as to know where you read that at and if you can provide a link to more info.

As for Bettman, he was his usual self. He included the Penguins just like he does ANY losing team like Calgary and Edmonton in years past. As for him being booed, I took it with a grain of salt. I have met the man once, and is a nice guy. I got a chance to talk to him for 5 minutes, and while many disapprove of his expansion and the health of the game under his regime, I can't wish ill will upon him.

It looked like he was shaking = similar to parkinson's disease....

I've heard that somewhere as well. Don't know how true it is.

As for his speech's. I thought his one in 97 was actually pretty good. Since then.... not so much. Like in 02 he was pushing the fact that the Canes were there and it was great for hockey in the Carolina's. If the series would have been won in NC then ok but when it's won in Detroit, no one cares.

He was booed pathetically at the melon... very disappointing!

s***...that is no surprise...it was probably only the Wings fans booing his sorry ass...half the women in pissburgh should be lining up to blow him what with how he was tooting cindy's horn, pandering to the pissburgh fans and stacking the officials

brutus

addendum: if he really does have ALS then I feel for him and his family and wish them the best; but I really hope not so I can go on hating him with a vengance and a clear conscience!!

Edited by brutus

just think of the reaction at the Joe if they had won it here...he was a target before the octopi scandal..now he's basically a deadman if he ever comes near JLA

He was SERIOUSLY booed in 2002 in Detroit and had to plead, "I come bearing gifts," to the crowd to get them to STOP! :D

The NBC annoucers sounded like they were at Sidney Crosby's funeral after the final horn sounded. The Red Wings were celebrating and they couldn't stop talking about how hard PITTSBURGH fought. Ruined my buzz.

bettman says in a normal tone "i want to congratulate the detroit red wings on another stanley cup win...."

followed by in an excited louder voice "AND THE AMAZING PITTSBURGH PENGUINS"

i guess we arent amazing with 4 wins in 11 years, and perrenial contenders and should have won 2-3 more at least.

all i thought was, youre so bloody obvious bettman.....just like your excitement for anaheim

i personally think he deliberately scheduled the wings to play the same nights as the pistons in detroit so it would split people up and the arena might not be packed, and people abroad may think the team is in trouble and lose their own attachments. he wants loyalties to change. he wants complete communism in the NHL to go along with the CBA

he was commisioner of basketball, so there's no way it was an accident, and he wasnt paying attention to hoops. it was deliberate and it backfired...wings had higher ratings than even than our beloved pistons, DESPITE the scheduling.

GO AWAY BETTMAN

GOOOOOOOOOOO WWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Wingsor

You know at first when Bettman gave the Cup to Lids I thought they were booing Nick - on second look I was like "oh duh" they're booing Bettman. lol

I will have to say pretty classy of the Pens fans to stay and watch part of the Cup ceremony. If I was able to be at a Cup clinching game I'd stay too even if my team lost - chance to see the Cup presented etc. Once in a lifetime opportunity. :thumbup:

He didn't have a speech ready for when the wings won. He's just a dumbass that is KILLING the NHL, trying to make it the CSHL the Cindy Southern Hockey league.

bettman says in a normal tone "i want to congratulate the detroit red wings on another stanley cup win...."

followed by in an excited louder voice "AND THE AMAZING PITTSBURGH PENGUINS"

i guess we arent amazing with 4 wins in 11 years, and perrenial contenders and should have won 2-3 more at least.

all i thought was, youre so bloody obvious bettman.....just like your excitement for anaheim

i personally think he deliberately scheduled the wings to play the same nights as the pistons in detroit so it would split people up and the arena might not be packed, and people abroad may think the team is in trouble and lose their own attachments. he wants loyalties to change. he wants complete communism in the NHL to go along with the CBA

he was commisioner of basketball, so there's no way it was an accident, and he wasnt paying attention to hoops. it was deliberate and it backfired...wings had higher ratings than even than our beloved pistons, DESPITE the scheduling.

GO AWAY BETTMAN

GOOOOOOOOOOO WWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good lord.

Not sure how valid this is but I just read somewhere that he was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's Disease.

No matter what type of person he is, he is human, and if this is true, I wish him well. That is an awful disease to have

Not sure about Bettman having ALS, but there is another connection: Gary Bettman was born on June 2nd, 1952. Lou Gehrig passed away on June 2nd, 1941.

TBH, Bettman didn't seem to happy to be presenting the Cup to Detroit. Oh well, tough s***.

I was beginning to think it was only me. f*** Bettman. If it wasn't for the Wings, hockey as we know it may not exist.

Ooh, I think you're asking for it with this statement.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Good god...the Red Wings win the Cup and people are still bitching :rolleyes:

I'm not bitching, but I do agree with some that he didn't seem as enthused as we've seen him in the past. He seemed thrilled to give it to the Wings in '97.

That being said, I also don't believe that he would've been all gushy had the Pens won.