• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sdogg1m

Officiating

Rate this topic

Marc Joanette. I personally rank him as the second best ref in the league. He does an excellent job and typically calls a very fair game, and is consistent from game to game with his calls.

Do you rank McCreary the best? He's my number one.

BTW, what did Osgood say about the refs? I haven't heard or read anything about it.

It was when Mac interviews Ozzie after the game and they're celebrating. Ozzie says... well, just watch, it's amusing and very true.

The Refs were God-Awful. I almost start to think that Bettman told the refs do what you can to make this series go 7 games. I give Drapes a pentaly on his hit to make it a 5 0n 3 was an awful call. Datsyuk gets tripped carrying the puck in the last seconds of gamd 6 which gives the Pens a glourious chance to score, and nothing is called. I wonder how good the Penguins would really be if they didnt have the Refs on there sides.

Anyone who wants to talk bad about ozzie, well i'll meet em at center ice...over 300 wins and if anyone ever says he's the worst goalie to win the cup, i'll go punch em in the mouth HAHAHAH DMAC is back....I saw that right after the game, and was ROFL

As for the refs...i said it from game 1 this series.....theres no conspiracy to make the wings lose...but i DO BELIEVE buttman told the refs to try and draw the series out to gain fans, and revenue. I also thought that everytime Detroit started to look threatening to the pens the refs stepped in and slowed it down....we DOMINATED the pens even strength. I'd love to see the wings vs pens play a whole series of 5 on 5 games (no penalties) and bet we'd slaughter them, as most of their chances and goals were on the PP...they had trouble generating offense most of the time 5 on 5...and i believe there were like 5 periods this series where we held them to 5 or less shots even strentgh....and a couple where we held em to less than 5 including power plays.

It's pretty bad when a former wing...who happens to be one of my neighbors (paul woods) who...well i dont know if hes the wings radio announcer anymore but, My older neighbor who is pretty good friends with him said even paul woods who played the game some 30 years ago when you could get away with murder...called the officiating a JOKE, and said that the NHL is becoming more and more of a disgrace every year. That comes from a ******* ex player who played during the roughest days of the game.

All i can say is bettman is probably miffed that he did everything in his power to draw this out, and we still got the job done. The trip on datsuk with 24 seconds left was blatant, the ref was 5 feet away, and it DIRECTLY led to pit almost scoring to tie it up. I have to wonder had they tied it on that play after dats trip...if some reporters wouldn' t have stepped in and wrote an article about this.

I play hockey, and even in my league the hook hudler was called for would be let go, the charge by drake (a charging penalty requires you to skate from one side to the other in an attempt to just slam an opposing player) where he was only 10 or so feet away to begin with and glided most of the way to hit the guy was bs for the 5 on 3, and the blatant slash on huds's stick at the end omg , he got called for that "hook" and they get away with something as blatant as that?

Calls did go both ways, but it just seemed that it wasn't justthe calls themselves alot of the time but WHEN they were called that made them that bad.

Oh well wings in 6 lol

The Refs were God-Awful. I almost start to think that Bettman told the refs do what you can to make this series go 7 games. I give Drapes a pentaly on his hit to make it a 5 0n 3 was an awful call. Datsyuk gets tripped carrying the puck in the last seconds of gamd 6 which gives the Pens a glourious chance to score, and nothing is called. I wonder how good the Penguins would really be if they didnt have the Refs on there sides.

The fact that you think Draper shouldn't have been called for that completely invalidates your post. The only more certain call than Drapes' hit on Gonchar was Hudler getting the extra two minutes in game 5; and that's automatic. Draper and the Wings were lucky he only got two minutes.

Never mind Detroit's first 18 games in these playoffs. The officiating in Games 5 and 6 of the SCF were ATROCIOUS. Two bulls*** 5-on-3s, two bulls*** goalie interference penalties and a call on Detroit for merely HITTING. Osgood called out the refs in the McCarty interview, and he's 100% CORRECT. This was the NHL's time on the limelight and the league REALLY wanted it's star-studded showcase to last just little longer. And honestly, why not? It wasn't like they were blatant enough in their bias that any neutral fan could see it, although it sure was pretty close.

The call against Draper to give the Pens a 5 on 3 Wed. night was legit. It was a dirty two handed hit to the back of Gonchar's head into the glass with intent to injure which Draper probably did hoping he'd get away with it because Detroit was already down a man and on top of that he knew Gonchar was still hurting from his hard crash into the boards in game 5. Draper should be ashamed of himself after that little stunt, but I'm sure Wings fans will retaliate with the Roberts hit on Franzen being dirty, which it was, but probably not as vicious as two handing a guy's head into the glass from behind. Credit the refs on that for making the right call to protect a player from injury whether it resulted in a 5 on 4 or a 5 on 3.

On the whole, I think most Pens fans would agree the officiating really sucked this series, but they did not decide it. Detroit knew exactly how far they could push the refs and still get away with enough obstruction to control the series and the Pens should learn how to do the same for next year.

The part about the officiating being terrible I can agree with, the lopsided-ness, not so much.

Draper could've been called for about 6 holding penalties every game.

And the Pens could have been called for about 57 obstruction penalties every game.

But alas, it's stuff like what Hudler pulled near the end of game 6 that truly warrants discipline.

:rolleyes:

It was when Mac interviews Ozzie after the game and they're celebrating. Ozzie says... well, just watch, it's amusing and very true.

It's great what a little beer can do to a person. Overall, a pretty good interview by Mac. :lol:

Guest nutz2u
:guns: Officals, They shoot horses don't they? Truely a disgusting display. The NHL should be embarrassed!

I just realized something in this video. Does someone hand McCarty a beer toward the end of the interview? If so, I would think that would be a bad sign for a recovering alcoholic. It may have been a red bull or something like that but...........