• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Which cup is sweeter?

Rate this topic

Red Wings recent Stanley Cups  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You knew this poll was coming.

To me nothing beats the 97 cup but this is the most surprising for me to win. Everyone I know that hates the Red Wings kept saying for years (a) wings are too old, (b) wings greats have all left (shanahan) or retired (yzerman) (c ) wings can't win under the salary cap.

This cup is thrown right in the face of all those claims.

97 is the sweetest with this one being a close 2nd.

Edited by timothy1997

First Cup was the sweetest because it was our first win in so long the 98 Cup win comes second because of what happen with Vladdy and that the team won it for him . last nights Cup win comes third for me because it was a team made up of our own draft picks and players who had been wrote off that one was pretty sweet and the 02 win comes last because we baught the team who won that one .

Votes 97 but 08 is up there because how out of the lockout no one had the Wings being any good in either of the first two years and all they did was a presidents trophy and a #1 seed in the west along with a trip to the WCF and then this year winning it all. Holland has done a great job. so many people thought, a lot of people in here, he couldn't do it post-lockout. What a great moment last night was.

I had another 5 months before I turned 10 for the 1997 Cup win. This is the 1st Cup where I've been old enough to really, truly appreciate everything that comes along with a Stanley Cup win. Don't get me wrong, I was ecstatic for the other ones, but this one just seems more meaningful to me for some reason.

I voted for this one because all the naysayers that said after the lockout the Red Wings are going to fall they cant buy players anymore, they have a european team and all that crap it was a big STFU too the Don Cherry's out there. 1996-1997 was my number 2 favorite

96-97 was definetly my favorite one. Gotta say that this year was close just because of all the s*** that guys like Cherry and Melrose were sayin got thrown right back in their faces