• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
blues_demitra38

Your most memorable 2008 Playoff moment?

Rate this topic

Getting to actually go to my first playoff game ever (Dallas against San Jose, Game 3 of the Western Semis @ AAC) and then seeing my Red Wings for the first time in the playoffs (Dallas, WCF Game 3 @ AAC). It was pleasant seeing them spank Dallas in front of a hostile crowd though I was by myself and somewhat weary of my walk back to the car. It was nice to see several red and white jerseys around me though. :lol:

My Wings moment was seeing Pasha get his very first hat trick. I cried with joy, I was so proud of him. The way he brought his game to a whole new level this season was amazing. No more "playoff choker" and "soft Euro" for him. He earned that Cup, kids. And he'll be recognized for his efforts with the Byng and the Selke both. I feel it in my bones.

Non-Wings moment...watching Boston and Montreal. One of my dearest friends is a die hard Bruins fan, and I recorded some of the games for her because she is in Raleigh and can't get them. So I got to see young Milan Lucic, who impressed me greatly. I wish we could steal this kid from Boston, but no such luck. He's a feisty devil who's gonna be good, wait and see.

Game 5 was the most memorable with Game 6 at Joevision coming in 2nd.

Game 5 was my first ever Finals game attending. The chance of being there when they won it all made me want to throw up, I was that excited and nervous about it. During each overtime I swear my heart stopped everytime we had a great scoring chance. Sad about the outcome but I think winning it in Pittsburgh was just sweet revenge. hehehehe.

Joevision was awesome! Since we didn't get to see them win it in game 5, this felt like we were there in Pittsburgh with them. I still have confetti all over my appartment. *LOL*

I really haven't slept since I've been home! And I doubt I'll get any sleep tomorrow! *LOL*

Welcome home Stanley!!! :siren:

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Ovechkin's game 1 winning goal.

Sarich Destroying Marleua and watching Calgary comeb ack from 3-0 to win 4-3 in game 3.

Franzen with 8 goals in 3 games.

Kronwalls hits

Game 5 SCF

Seeing Anaheim get knocked out early.

Watching Zannon almost cry after we beat the preds

Sweeping the Avs. I live in Colorado and get a lot of s*** for being a Wings fan so the sweep was priceless to me!

Been a wings fan my whole life. been out here in colorado since '88. sweeping the Loserlance was great but i think the best "moment" was the 5-3 kill by "Z" and kronwell and nicky. i think that was the series right there. After that..the many hits for Kronwell and Stewart..

One of the best hits had to be the "Morrow-Lehtinen" hit...Morrow steaming toward Datsyuk and he just sides steps away and " Bam" out goes Lehtinen..

I'd love to see a video of that

My personal moment would have to be seeing the Wings live in the series clincher vs. the Avs. Since I don't live in Detroit I rarely get an opportunity to see a live game during a playoff run. As luck would have it they played the Avs. The game was a blowout - but getting to share a series-clinching win - and virtual goal scoring clinic - against a former rival in their barn with fellow Wings fans was special.... :rolleyes:

Outside of the Wings: staying up late for the 4OT Sharks-Stars. Thriller.........

Where to start??

Nick's bouncing goal from behind the red line against Nashville.

Three different hat tricks during the run to the Cup.

Killing over a minute of 5 on 3 not once but twice in the SCF.

Watching a TEAM win it all.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Watching Mark Hartigan skating the Cup was also a memorable moment.

It made the whole run worthwhile. :D

your right. I was pissed he didnt get the conn smythe

has nothing to do with the actual games, but i was lucky enough to be in detroit visiting when the colorado and dallas series were going on. one day i wore my home jersey around town, and everybody stopped me on the street, in restaraunts, in parks, etc.... to talk about the wings. it's times like that when i really miss living in detroit, and it pretty much drove home the notion for me of moving back someday. i want my kids to grow up in that kind of environment. where people are just good to each other. where people are taught to tend to the needs of others before their own. detroit as a city, and michigan as a state....are hurting, but it is to this day, one of the nicest, classiest, most sincere areas i've ever been.

that said.....

-kronwall hits

-franzen's OT goal vs. preds

-sweeping colorado

-the 8-2 game 4

-owning turco

-fleury tripping during warmup in game one and being laughed at

-shutting out the pens through 2 games

-hudlers game winner in game 4

-living with the anguish that was game 5 (34 sec)

-the monster, clean hit on crosby

-fleury scoring on himself

-DARREN HELM

Those are all pretty much what I'm thinking.

Other than that,

-the hat tricks

-Every one of hud's goals.

-Lid's goal during the nashville game

-Fleury tripping and falling and forcing me to save a gif image of that greatness.

-Flip's goal

-Ozzie getting put in and Dom still being amazing about it

-watching every single playoff game except for the ones only on TSN

-being able to get together with my friends every night during the first and second round to have fun and watch hockey

-shutting up the Pens' fans.

-not really a playoff moment, but the Caps making the playoffs

-the Ducks heading out early on

-Stuart's hit on Crosby

-Malkin completely sucking through the second half of the playoffs

-the 8-2 win over the Avs.

-being the underdog even though we were the most dangerous...and still winning.

...a few more additions:

* Kronwall breaking Malone's nose with that hit in game 2 (or 1?)

* Pavel "The Terminator" Datsyuk getting into a mean streak

* Hudler & Helm redefining the phrase "team depth"

* Franzen using Malkin as a punch bag

* Zetter's blindside turn-around backhand

* FRANZENSTEIN SMASH

* Oh, and it was great seing Holmstrom and Gill sharing sly smiles when shaking hands...I'd hope Gill said the beers was going to be on him, considering the abuse Homer had to take from him :D

One last highlight was seeing Gill and Holmstrom shake hands and give a little smile....that was great!

I could go with the default answer of 00.0 game 6 in Pittsburgh winning the Cup last night, but I will selfishly go with the entire playoff game I attended live. I was just in the Detroit area for literally 1 1/2 days but flew up the day before game 2 of the 2nd round game between the Wings and Avalanche that Saturday afternoon. First playoff game ever seen live, and just saw a totally dominating game for the Wings where they won 5-1 and saw Franzen score a hat trick. :thumbup:

Watching Mark Hartigan skating the Cup was also a memorable moment.

It made the whole run worthwhile. :D

If you're interested in an outsiders opinion:

remember I posted a few weeks ago when you guys were playing the Avs, when I really noticed the skill, talent, and ability of the Wings..I remember saying to myself "Nobody can stop these guys"

I knew that a sweep woud be very unlikely, Pitt has too much talent to not squeak out at least one game..but the flow of the series was amazing, at times the Wings looked simply unstoppable, then Pitt would score a timely goal and the momentum would shift...but then you guys have so many opportunistic players like Zetterberg and Datsyuk and just like that you'd score...

I know it's a strange comparison, but I was reminded of Roger Federer..he's a guy who might look very pedestrian at times during a tennis match, but then on one opportunity he'll say "I got you"..and pull away and win the match... game 6 reminded my of that...

in any case...congradulations..this year the BEST team really did win!