• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
blues_demitra38

Your most memorable 2008 Playoff moment?

Rate this topic

Does anyone know what kind of champagne the Wings drink in the locker room or how much it is? I am throwing a party tomorrow and it would be kind of cool to have the same kind, because we will be watching the game again and everything. I didn't know where to ask this, I don't know if I should just start a new thread.

Edited by Bluedevils_13

I know it's a strange comparison, but I was reminded of Roger Federer..he's a guy who might look very pedestrian at times during a tennis match, but then on one opportunity he'll say "I got you"..and pull away and win the match... game 6 reminded my of that...

That's really odd. My tennis-loving, slowly-becoming-a-hockey-fan friend made the same comparison after the game last night.

I think all of my favorite memories have been mentioned. But I love watching the replay of the clock ticking down to 0.0, and Cleary not realizing we had won until he saw Osgood raise his arms. Love it :)

Favorite on ice moment in the Finals was the ceremonial puck drop between Stevie Y and Mario. Gave me chills! Yzerman was always considered great, but was never mentioned in the class of Gretzky and Lemieux. It was great seeing them lead their respective frachises, which they both helped to resurrect in the 1980's into the finals against each other.

In other series, staying up with the 54 tired souls on LGW.com to finish off the Sharks-Stars game 6. My brother on the West coast only made it through 2 OT's!

Let's do one from each round:

vs. Nashville

- Franzen's OT winner in Game 5; who could forget the posters on here that jumped off the band-wagon when Bonk tied the game, only to come back?

vs. Colorado

- 8-2 in the series clincher; CRUSHing the Avs never gets old and Mule single-handedly matching the Avs during the series (with 9 goals) was filthy!

vs. Dallas

- The shorty that Zetterberg scored in Game 3 to make it 4-2; I honestly didn't think we'd win that game, and it was at that moment, when we put the pedal to the metal instead of protecting the lead against one of the best teams in the league, that I realized that this Wings team was something special.

vs. Pittsburgh

- The 5-on-3 play Z. made on Crosby; that was SICK! And it was like the Wings collectively said f*** the refs and the media and league and their golden-boy; WE WILL NOT BE DENIED!!

Does anyone know what kind of champagne the Wings drink in the locker room or how much it is? I am throwing a party tomorrow and it would be kind of cool to have the same kind, because we will be watching the game again and everything. I didn't know where to ask this, I don't know if I should just start a new thread.

Look close, it's Dom Perignon. You're talking a hundred bucks a bottle minimum (1999-2000 vintages) to over two thousand (1955, 1928, 1929 and so on). Blends can be had for about thirty a bottle, but what Hasek is holding is the real stuff.

Datsyukian moments that stand out

Going to Zetterbergs defence in the Dallas series

Taking down Roberts

Shouting BULLs***! at the Refs when they disallowed his goal against Dallas.

No more Lady Bings for you Pavel!

Zetterberg tying up Crosby's stick by the net in Game 4.

The absolute clinic we put on in Game 2

Ever notice that when Lidstrom scores from center ice, we win a cup? :D

Plus I was thrilled to see Dats get a hat trick...in the playoffs no less

Ever notice whenever we beat the Avs, we win the Cup?

Edited by Doggy

Guest LivingtheDream

Ever notice that when we have a triple OT finals game we win the Cup? :-)

Maybe memorable is not the right word for this one, but the memory I can't shake is 34.3

Flip's Bobby Orr goal was awesome. Gave me shivers and all that. A great hockey moment.