• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BewareThePenguin

Congratulations to the Detroit Red Wings

Rate this topic

The best team in hockey this year, and deserved the Cup.

As for the Pens, you don't know how to deal with a championship series until you've been there, and it showed. Too much of a hole by the time they finally learned to play some competitive games. As I said before the series, we'd have to see how they'd deal with this factor, which obviously Detroit has been through before. Remember, the Penguins only learned how to conquer the playoffs themselves this season. Believe me, nobody in Pittsburgh is bumming over this, which is why you saw the reaction you did at the end of the game. No shame in losing to what was the overall better, more experienced team.

Once the trio of Crosby, Malkin and Staal finally reach the legal drinking age, things will be better. But for now, the better team won. Enjoy!

Oh, and of course... doo bee doo bee doo.

Thanks for the sincere congratulations and for coming back :)

Hopefully for the Pens they can sign at least some of their good free agents coming up.

It's cool that you came back, and this will end up being a huge learning experience for the Penguins. This is why Red Wings fan constantly preach how important experience when fans of younger teams laugh at it.

It showed just how huge it was this series, and the Pens will be better going forward for what they've learned.

It's cool that you came back, and this will end up being a huge learning experience for the Penguins. This is why Red Wings fan constantly preach how important experience when fans of younger teams laugh at it.

Why laugh? It was only the single most important factor of the series.

Last year, the Penguins showed up for the first time in the playoffs against Ottawa. They had no idea what to expect, and look absolutely shell shocked. You saw the ahem, slight difference the next time they drew Ottawa in the playoffs. It's all about step by step improvement and learning.

Anyway, this isn't supposed to be about the Pens, it's about congrats to the current champs.

Doo bee doo bee doo.

Edited by BewareThePenguin

Why laugh? It was only the single most important factor of the series.

Last year, the Penguins showed up for the first time in the playoffs against Ottawa. They had no idea what to expect, and look shell shocked. You saw the ahem, slight difference the next time they got them in the playoffs. It's all about step by step improvement and learning.

Anyway, this isn't supposed to be about the Pens, it's about congrats to the current champs.

Doo bee doo bee doo.

You tell me. I can't exactly remember which Pens fans were laughing (though I don't think it was you) and belittling that idea, but some found it to be totally irrelevant. Clearly its one of the most important things.

That being said, it is about congrats to the current champs, and I appreciate the thoughts! :sly:

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25