• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Vincanni

Radio Broadcast of game.

Rate this topic

In my endeavors to chronicle everything I can from this years Stanley Cup victory one gaping vacuity remains, that being a copy of the local radio broadcast.

For those unaware Ken Kal fell under the influence of laryngitis and thus was unable to call the game, though Ken Daniels stepped into replace him. However, after the final whistle was called Daniels passed his headset to Kal and let him finish the last 20 seconds or so left in the game. They've been playing clips of it all day on 97.1 the Ticket and it's truly captivating. Seriously, hearing his weakened voice crackle and nearly give out as he excitedly yells sent gave me goose bumps as awkward as it sounded.

I would absolutely love to have an audio clip of this, though the entire game would be preferable. Does anyone know were I might be able to find either?

if you can navigate to the NHL Radio page for yesterday somehow they usually have the last played game on there, which you can then record...

it's not available through the NHL links though, so unless someone has it in their cache you'll have trouble finding it.

2nd this request. Been looking for it all day. All I have is a stream:

http://www.971theticket.com/play_window.ph...audioId=2519525

that truly brought tears to my eyes, last night I really lost it but that got me close again. I don't care what anyone says, this team will go down as one of the best & hungriest teams in our franchise's history. '97 was super special because it had been so long, but this one just seems so satisfying, especially after Monday's loss. I've never been the type to cry or get teary-eyed, but this team brought it all out.