• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DetroitYZ19

Where can I order this?

Rate this topic

Ive been looking everywhere for the red hat with the old english tigers D on it, but i cant find it anywhere. I dont live in Detroit so its not like i can swing past hockeytown authentics and pick one up, but its a sweet hat and id like to order one. Can anyone help? Thanks

Ive been looking everywhere for the red hat with the old english tigers D on it, but i cant find it anywhere. I dont live in Detroit so its not like i can swing past hockeytown authentics and pick one up, but its a sweet hat and id like to order one. Can anyone help? Thanks

search hatland.com for Red Wings hats, they have it there. I just ordered one a couple days ago, they look ******* sweet.

BTW, the gothic D is from the Detroit Cougars years back in the 30s, although it does have a striking similarity to the Tigers' D.

Edited by Cern

There's nothing Red Wings-y about the first hat tho

except that many players on the team wear it/have worn it throughout the season...oh and the whole red and white thing and saying detroit on the back, granted it's really a tigers hat though.

Actually both were the Detroit Cougars logos starting in 1925/26. The Gothic is just an alternate version of it. That being said though, the Gothic one was never used by the Tigers. The Old English version they started using way back in like 1910

Original Cougars Logo

6625.gif

Alternate Cougars Logo

238.gif

That being said I prefer the Gothic one with the Winged Wheel on the back. No confusion for colorblind folks as to who you're representing.

Edited by MississippiWing

That being said I prefer the Gothic one with the Winged Wheel on the back. No confusion for colorblind folks as to who you're representing.

That's my thought on it. I've never seen the old english D cap before, but it seems a little strange using was is essentially the Tigers logo for the Wings, even with the players wearing it. 'Detroit' dosen't quite present the same affiliation as having the winged wheel somewhere on there would.

Edited by Cern

My gothic D hat just arrived today. It's biiiiiiiiiitchin'.

I have the second hat that was posted. I love mine because I can support both my teams with one hat. I don't care that it doesn't have winged wheel on it, the red and white takes care of that.

I have the second hat that was posted. I love mine because I can support both my teams with one hat. I don't care that it doesn't have winged wheel on it, the red and white takes care of that.

yeah, it's a sweet hat for sure... I got my husband and a co-worker to fall in love with that hat. Good thing my co-worker is going to Detroit in a couple weeks so he can pick us up one :P

Fair enough, I hate baseball so I'd hate having to constantly correct observations that I'm wearing a Tigers hat.

for some reason the one I have doesn't say Detroit on the back...I got it at the Joe when I was there in April...sweet hat though

I don't think any of them at the Joe did. I got mine at the confrence finals, game 2. I went through all the hats looking for one that had "DETROIT" on the back. I wonder if the ones the Wings wear is custom?

I don't think any of them at the Joe did. I got mine at the confrence finals, game 2. I went through all the hats looking for one that had "DETROIT" on the back. I wonder if the ones the Wings wear is custom?

interesting...I was expecting that it would have it on the back, only because I got the tunnel bus over from Windsor for the games I went to and the guy sitting next to me had one on and his had Detroit on the back of it...I still love it though, I thought it was awesome that they were wearing them in the parade

I've got the Redwings 'GOTHIC-D FACE OFF' Red Fitted Hat with the winged wheel on the back and love it.

I wear it practically everywhere and have never seen anyone else with it (but I live in Virginia)

I also wore it to the SCF, game one at JLA - of course, that's why the Wings won!

interesting...I was expecting that it would have it on the back, only because I got the tunnel bus over from Windsor for the games I went to and the guy sitting next to me had one on and his had Detroit on the back of it...I still love it though, I thought it was awesome that they were wearing them in the parade

I purchased mine at the Joe before game 2 of the SCF, and the "Detroit" is present on the back. The mystery goes deeper...

The second (gothic) one is also at fox sports web site.

It's sold out there. After many hours of searching back at the start of the SCF I have to conclude that hatland.com is the only place where they're actually in stock. This hat was a ***** to find but it's so worth it.

I bought my hat at Commerica Park at the start of the 07 season and it has Detroit on the back. They are so popular so I'm not sure why they switched them or stopped selling them.

Lids Red/White Tigers hat

Lids Red/White with black outline Tigers hat

Their Images of red hats seem to come up brighter than usual for me but I have the second hat and assure you it is a Red Wings red and not some neon red. These come from a line of hats where they did the Old English D the Tigers use with other baseball teams color themes. I figure it went good with my Wings Jersey so I snagged a red Tigers hat.