• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwingslady87

Official Red Wings Parade Chat

Rate this topic

I love how Hank didn't want to put the trophy down, but he couldn't hold it above his head so he put it on his head. Sooooooo cute!

instead it became a hat ;)

will have my pictures up asap!

At first I thought you said "cute as hell." :lol:

I wondered if the Stanley Cup was bringing out some new emotions for you. :P

Yeah, Lids is skinny but ripped. Makes me think I could've made it to the NHL if I got in awesome shape, improved my skating by 1000%, and was the best defenseman on the planet.

He probably is 175 right now. Think about it, he probably works out religiously in the offseason, puts on 10-15 pounds of muscle, and then after playing 104 games in 240 days, loses it gradually throughout the course of the season, especially the playoffs.

I work downtown in a building across from Hart Plaza. I was fortunate enough to see the parade from a private balcony one floor up from Jefferson. There was probably a group of 15-25 of us.

As the players drove by, we screamed and most looked up and aknowledged us. I believe only Ozzie (and Stevie) did not. Ozzie just couldn't hear over the chants.

My sister, 40#1fan, and I both had on our red Mule t-shirts from this site. As Franzen drove by, we screamed and he looked up and we both pointed to our shirts. He pointed at us and started waving.

I work downtown in a building across from Hart Plaza. I was fortunate enough to see the parade from a private balcony one floor up from Jefferson. There was probably a group of 15-25 of us.

As the players drove by, we screamed and most looked up and aknowledged us. I believe only Ozzie (and Stevie) did not. Ozzie just couldn't hear over the chants.

My sister, 40#1fan, and I both had on our red Mule t-shirts from this site. As Franzen drove by, we screamed and he looked up and we both pointed to our shirts. He pointed at us and started waving.

Stevie looked like he was in a bad mood or something today. He was on the phone when he went by us and didn't look happy. Lisa wasn't with him either. Maybe she's tired of Parades or something.

Stevie looked like he was in a bad mood or something today. He was on the phone when he went by us and didn't look happy. Lisa wasn't with him either. Maybe she's tired of Parades or something.

He gave a quick interview after his truck arrived and they were waiting for the others, but he didn't even want to be in the parade. He doesn't want to overshadow what the boys did this spring and knowing how much he's beloved it wouldn't take much. But apparently Kenny and co. bugged him enough to get him to show up and then he couldn't not ride along.

If you go by what he's said, he's unbelievably happy and proud, but it seems he wants to step back for a while and let the current Wings have their day in glory. They've earned it.

We went down to the parade and had an amazing time. We tried to sit along woodward but it was like 5 rows deep of people. So we ended up going down some side street (basically under cobo center) and it was where the players were getting off of the trucks and into the golf carts. We could pretty much walk up to them and get autographs ( security wouldn't let us near some players ) . We were so stunned that there was no one else there. AMAZING TIME. I got CHELIOS, FRANZEN, MALTBY, DRAPER and OZZY to sign my hat. Will put up pictures as soon as i figure out how!!!!

So I don't know if this has been answered....since the 26 other pages I could not read through...but Did Kwame really pay for the beer?....he did say the Beer was on him....

that was just another jack ass move because there was no drinking alowd.not that some people werent.

i heard nothing he said the boo's were so loud(not that i wanted to anyways)

They should auction off those pickups ill buy it!!

Those trucks are the same trucks that will be used next weekend at MIS (NASCAR). My uncle helps change them and get them ready for each new event.

I was at the parade, and it was such an amazing thing to expierence. I'm probably in trouble for taking off work that day on such short notice, but, oh well. :P

If I can get my photo scanner working, I'll post the pictures I took.

...does anyone have the entire parade on DVR? TIVO? I went out of town yesterday and set to DVR it and recored 4 hours from 9am to 1pm on NBC/Channel 4. Unfortunatey DVR doesn't record the show until it's over, it records until the time block is over, so at 1pm it ended, right when Lidstrom was on the WDIV stage talking to Carmen and her partner (Scillion?) anyhow, who very much appreciate it for my collection, I have every WIN and the entire night of celebration from Channel 4 and The NHL Network. Thanks In Advance...

..oh yeah, also Channel 4 aired something at 8pm last night, I also would like that if possible, please and thank you!