• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwingslady87

Official Red Wings Parade Chat

Rate this topic

Live Web-Stream: http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/10671302/index.html

After seeing that many members are not able to make it down to the parade tomorrow for one reason or another, I figured that there is no reason why we can't join together on LGW and watch the parade from our homes while chatting and celebrating with each other online. Like game days, the chat will start at the same time as the event. 11 am. I hope to see a ton of you in there!

EDIT: Could the Mods sticky this for us???

Edited by Matt
Added LIVE Web Stream Link

The parade will begin at 11:00 a.m. Friday, June 6 in downtown Detroit. Local 4's coverage begins at 9 a.m.

The victory parade route will begin at Hockeytown Cafe on Woodward Avenue and end at Hart Plaza at the Detroit Riverfront.

Any spot along the parade route will give viewers a good look at the festivities, but if you're stationed in the Campus Martius area, it's best to stand along the west side. The parade line will do a loop around the west side in its journey toward Hart Plaza.

"We are so thrilled to be working on the Detroit Red Wings Victory Parade," said Joan LeMahieu, president, the Parade Company in Detroit. “Detroit is such a wonderful sports town and we are so delighted to have a part in this wonderful day."

Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick will address the team at the celebratory rally at Hart Plaza.

Red Wings players, coaches and staff will take part in celebrating the team's fourth Stanley Cup in 11 seasons.

The event is free.

Watch the entire event right here live on ClickOnDetroit.com.

Who is covering the parade in Canada?

my Shaw cable package includes WDIV (Local 4), so that's where i'm getting it from, i don't think it's going to be broadcasted on another channel though... if you have Shaw it's on channel 83.

Edited by oilandwingsfan

my Shaw cable package includes WDIV (Local 4), so that's where i'm getting it from, i don't think it's going to be broadcasted on another channel though... if you have Shaw it's on channel 83.

I have starchoice..hopefully I can find it on there somewhere!!

If you've got the Directv regional sports pack, it's of Fox Detroit on channel 636. If not, try either ESPN News (207) or NHL Network (215) closer to the parade start time.

It was too recent of an addition to show up on the program grid, so the channel guide for Fox Detroit is still saying an infomercial is on right now.

Parade news: Webcasts galore!

Posted by George James Malik June 06, 2008 06:09AM

Good news if you're a Red Wings fan who will either be at work or are a Red Wings fan who's an out-of-town resident:

MyFoxDetroit (WJBK) will webcast its Red Wings Stanley Cup parade coverage starting at 11 AM;

WXYZ will webcast its Red Wings Stanley Cup parade coverage starting at 10 AM;

ClickonDetroit will webcast its Red Wings Stanley Cup parade coverage starting at 9 AM, and they'll air a Red Wings special at 8 PM;

For those of you who get Fox Sports Detroit, in and out of town, they're covering the parade from 9 AM to 2:30 PM, will air a special episode of Red Wings Weekly at 10:30 PM on Friday and 11:30 AM on Saturday, and they'll re-play their parade coverage from 2-5 PM on Saturday.

And, for the audiophiles, or the broadband impaired, both WDFN and WXYT will both webcast their parade coverage, and are hosting parties for those of you who will be in town. It's highly likely that WWJ and WJR will cover the parade in part.

Also if you've got Directv and don't have the regional sports, you can call customer service to order those channels, and they'll turn them on in like 30 seconds. Just remember to call back and cancel before the next billing cycle. Probably run you somewhere between $5-$10 for that one month of regional sports if you think it'll be worth it.

Parade news: Webcasts galore!

Posted by George James Malik June 06, 2008 06:09AM

Good news if you're a Red Wings fan who will either be at work or are a Red Wings fan who's an out-of-town resident:

MyFoxDetroit (WJBK) will webcast its Red Wings Stanley Cup parade coverage starting at 11 AM;

WXYZ will webcast its Red Wings Stanley Cup parade coverage starting at 10 AM;

ClickonDetroit will webcast its Red Wings Stanley Cup parade coverage starting at 9 AM, and they'll air a Red Wings special at 8 PM;

For those of you who get Fox Sports Detroit, in and out of town, they're covering the parade from 9 AM to 2:30 PM, will air a special episode of Red Wings Weekly at 10:30 PM on Friday and 11:30 AM on Saturday, and they'll re-play their parade coverage from 2-5 PM on Saturday.

And, for the audiophiles, or the broadband impaired, both WDFN and WXYT will both webcast their parade coverage, and are hosting parties for those of you who will be in town. It's highly likely that WWJ and WJR will cover the parade in part.

What time does the parade webcast start on clickondetroit.com ?

Thanks

ian