• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

StevieBoy

Where will the Cup visit?

Rate this topic

Is there typically any preview of where the Cup migh tbe brought by the players? A web site, etc? Seems like a perfect thing for Google Maps.

I'm sitting in Denver right now watching a web stream of the parade wishing I was there to take part in it. But would be great to know where the cup will be so I can try to meet up with it.

Anyone?

Its coming to Winnipeg forsure! Meech and Helm.

A few years back Mike Keane brought it back to Winnipeg and had it at the local bar one night. A few of my buddies got their picture with it. I just touched where the Red Wings engravings were on it.

I hope I'll be able to meet "Stanley" in Västerås (With The Captain), In Mariefred (with Sammy) and in Järfälla (with Kronner). It would be awesome to meet them.

Last time when Lidas came home (after winning the cup) he had Stanley, Norris and Conn Smythe with him and I got to take my picture with him and the trophies. :champs:

Edited by Stockholm-wing

I hope there will be some sort of preview of where the Cup is going. Not gonna lie, I'd definitely plan my summer trips home (Chicago--Cheli and/or Lebda?) and up to our family's lakehouse (U.P.--Drake?) around it.

Guest redwingsfan04

the first cup always goes to your home town dally was born in bc so i expect it to arrive soon enough!

I hope I'll be able to meet "Stanley" in Västerås (With The Captain), In Mariefred (with Sammy) and in Järfälla (with Kronner). It would be awesome to meet them.

Last time when Lidas came home (after winning the cup) he had Stanley, Norris and Conn Smythe with him and I got to take my picture with him and the trophies. :champs:

you should post that pic!

ooo...I hope Abdelkader brings it to Muskegon or E. Lansing.

I was about to say the same thing. As an MSU alum, I'd love to have a chance to visit Stanley if it's on campus! I work in downtown Lansing so it would be really nice if the cup paid a visit to the capitol building. Anyone recall if the cup has been in Lansing in past years? It seems somewhat appropriate to have it there, but maybe more so this year with Abdelkader. I'd like to get my picture taken with the cup while holding my playoff towel from game 2 against the Avs. ^_^

I read in an interview a month or two ago that McCarty planned to bring it to Grand Rapids. He seemed pretty confident they would win.

I wonder if he'd take it to Flint if he had time? I saw him play his last home game for the Generals and the fans definitely enjoyed his tenure with the team. IIRC, the cup was on display at Perani's Arena (formerly the IMA Sports Arena) when they won in 97 or 98.

Edited by hockeytown9

The local news in Saskatoon Saskatchewan is reporting that Babcock is going to bring the come back home sometime during the summer. Although he spends a lot of time at Emma lake (Northern Saskatchewan) so I suspect that is where he will take it.