• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

Brad Stuart needs to stay!

Rate this topic

2nd this notion. What a monsterous defense we would have, our 3rd pairing would be some combo of lebda, lils, quincy, cheli, ericksonn, or kindl. That would be just sick

As much as I'd love him to stay, I fear the simple fact that the Wins won the Cup will backfire in his desire to stay here. You couldn't ask for a better, more consistently-winning franchise to be a part of but now that he's got his name on the Cup, and with his desire to settle down, I see him signing a long-term contract out West. Call it a nasty hunch, because I'd love him to stay, but I think he'll get some cash, and make it a long-term deal so his family can be settled.

Here's hoping Kenny can reason with him, and explain how successful he'll continue to be playing the role he does on the Wings. He's not a top-2 guy, which makes him a perfect fit for Detroit. Here's hoping he sticks around.

If he likes it here as much as he says he does, he'll get that itch to win it and experience it again. The best time to ask him is after the Cup win wears off a little bit, I think. Once he wants to taste it again.

Would be great if he stays. Maybe having moved around so much in his career he's looking for a team where he is a good fit. Detroit seems to be a great fit for him. Of course his wife being from California (I think) may create problems with getting her to agree to move to Detroit.

This is the perfect fit for him, because he's never going to be a decent 1st pairing defenseman. A couple of teams thought he could achieve that potential, and it never worked.

However, he's about as good a D-man as you can have as your 4th defenseman, so Holland has to try to bring this guy back. The other guys we have on our defense are nowhere near ready to be paired with Kronwall.

Somewhere in Russia Danny Markov is kicking himself for not re-signing...Me thinks Stuart won't find it any better than what he's had in Detroit; hopefully his family won't have an issue of staying here for a few more years.

YES!!! That is exactly who Stuart reminds me of. I was very disappointed when Markov got greedy and left for Russia.

But anyways, yes Stuart needs to stay!!

I thought it was kinda funny how he hesitated a bit when he said "worst" as he said "from worst to first".

I for sure hope he stays, he's a great player and a great guy. Let's jsut hope he gets so PP time. :thumbup:

Edited by Z and D for the C

I think we have a good chance - he's repeatedly talked about how much more enjoyable it is to be on a team that is winning all the time, as opposed to the losers he's been on most of his career.

Having said that, if SJ or Anaheim makes him an offer, he's probly gone; west coast + playoff team = double win for him.

Re Markov. It wasn't money that he left for, it was length of contract. Detroit were only prepared to offer 1 year contracts to him and a bunch of other FAs, he wanted longer.

Defenseman Brad Stuart said if he's going to stay, he'll sign before he becomes an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

"My intentions aren't to go to free agency to force the Red Wings to do anything,'' Stuart said. "If it's going to work (in Detroit), it'll happen before that. I'm hopeful.''

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...ers_need_m.html

Please Brad, help us win another Cup next year.

when i was at the parade yesterday i was able to have a small conversation with Brad Stuart and i asked him if he was planning on coming back and he smiled and shook his head yes. I also got a thumbs up the others in the truck. So here's hopeing!!!

Hey guys since this is a Stuart thread I had a few questions..(I'm not trying to hijack)

What do you guys think Brad will be looking for in terms of $$$?

I ask because on our board, his name has been brought up a couple of times as a potential D man that might come free.

In Philly, our D cost us against the Pens (Hacther with two bad knees and a broken tibia, and Jason Smith with 2 torn rotator cuffs)...Coburn was out for a couple and Kimo was out as well, so our D was young guys including Ryan Parent who played well considering he was essentially a rookie, and Modry who is well passed his prime and his father passed away just before the series, so understandably his mind was probably elsewhere.

Paul HOlmgren has already said that we need to get better on the blueline..some of the names being tossed around are Biran Campbell who can move the puck but is a liability.

Stuart is an intriuging option, but again we don't know his situation...will he want to leave a good situation for an unknown? will his salary demands be too high?

How do you guys see this playing out with Brad?

when i was at the parade yesterday i was able to have a small conversation with Brad Stuart and i asked him if he was planning on coming back and he smiled and shook his head yes. I also got a thumbs up the others in the truck. So here's hopeing!!!

Hopefully it isn't a bertuzzi 'we can do some damage' next year. I kind of want to see if any of the kids from grand rapids can handle more minutes but also I saw kronwall take leaps and bounds with his development this playoff season because he clicked so well with stuart. I say hope he can give us a discount for a cup.

I hope Stuart stays. He's part of the machine that accomplished this and he's only going to get better. I swear they got better with each round this season. I feared Brad would pack up and head for California when the run was over, but now... I hope he got a taste of what it's like to wear the winged wheel and stays.

I didn't see the hit on Crosby and have been searching for it on youtube for days. Thankfully it was posted. Crosby kicks the wall lmao. Did Stuart take his lollipop too?

Edited by dallas27

Hey guys since this is a Stuart thread I had a few questions..(I'm not trying to hijack)

What do you guys think Brad will be looking for in terms of $$$?

I ask because on our board, his name has been brought up a couple of times as a potential D man that might come free.

In Philly, our D cost us against the Pens (Hacther with two bad knees and a broken tibia, and Jason Smith with 2 torn rotator cuffs)...Coburn was out for a couple and Kimo was out as well, so our D was young guys including Ryan Parent who played well considering he was essentially a rookie, and Modry who is well passed his prime and his father passed away just before the series, so understandably his mind was probably elsewhere.

Paul HOlmgren has already said that we need to get better on the blueline..some of the names being tossed around are Biran Campbell who can move the puck but is a liability.

Stuart is an intriuging option, but again we don't know his situation...will he want to leave a good situation for an unknown? will his salary demands be too high?

How do you guys see this playing out with Brad?

If I was a betting man I'd say Stuart will sign in Detroit for $3.8 million a year for 4 years before July 1.

Campbell is going to get an absurd amount of money this offseason so I wouldn't really be interested in him if I was a Philly fan.

Actually scratch that, any D-man who hits free agency in this league gets grossly over payed. I was going to say Redden but the Panthers are probably going to give him 9 mil a year hahahahahaha

Edited by omnipotent_hudler

If I was a betting man I'd say Stuart will sign in Detroit for $3.8 million a year for 4 years before July 1.

Campbell is going to get an absurd amount of money this offseason so I wouldn't really be interested in him if I was a Philly fan.

Actually scratch that, any D-man who hits free agency in this league gets grossly over payed. I was going to say Redden but the Panthers are probably going to give him 9 mil a year hahahahahaha

I would love to see Brad come back next year, but here are a few hurdles I see.

1. $$ per year. He made 3.5 per last season. That is more than Kronwall, our 3rd D-man.

2. Term. To get him to take less per year, we would need to give long term security. But how many years? Raffie and Kronwall each have four years left on their contracts. So do you give Brad 4 years too? Then you have 3 of your best guys that are UFA's at the same time.

3. The whole "west coast thing".

Just some thoughts...