• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

Brad Stuart needs to stay!

Rate this topic

If I was a betting man I'd say Stuart will sign in Detroit for $3.8 million a year for 4 years before July 1.

Campbell is going to get an absurd amount of money this offseason so I wouldn't really be interested in him if I was a Philly fan.

Actually scratch that, any D-man who hits free agency in this league gets grossly over payed. I was going to say Redden but the Panthers are probably going to give him 9 mil a year hahahahahaha

D-men definitely seem to go at a premium in the cap era.

I would love for the Wings to keep Stuart. I can't see the Wings filling that spot with someone who is cheaper, better, and/or more physical. He and Kronwall make a formidable second unit. But as others have mentioned, there's definitely some obstacles. Fingers crossed...

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
YES!!! That is exactly who Stuart reminds me of. I was very disappointed when Markov got greedy and left for Russia.

But anyways, yes Stuart needs to stay!!

So your saying if your job trasnsfered to say japan, where hardly anyone speaks your language, and you get a demotion (similar to markovs limiting playingtime and less money) you wouldnt go back to your native land to get more playing time and more money? One answer makes you sound hypocritical and the other makes you a liar. have fun

as for Stewart not comming back, id like him back as he is a good fit with us, but if not we always have Jonathon Ericcson who by all accounts will be a top 3 dman with huge size someday. Seriously I was EXTREMLY impressed when he got called up

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Stewie has become one of my faves, but I fear his lovely wifey won't let him stay.

I hope not.

I definitely wouldn't blame the guy if he went back to California or the West Coast to be with his family, but athletes playing the season away from their family is a relatively common thing to see too though.

Guest mindfly

Uhm, why dont his wife and kid move to detroit? It's THAT simple..

=S errr

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Uhm, why dont his wife and kid move to detroit? It's THAT simple..

=S errr

his wife loses custody if she leaves state. she ahd a previous divforce

2nd this notion. What a monsterous defense we would have, our 3rd pairing would be some combo of lebda, lils, quincy, cheli, ericksonn, or kindl. That would be just sick

Honestly, I'd like to see the 5th, 6th, and 7th defensemen be Ericksonn, Meech, and one of either Lilja or Lebda. I think Ericksonn and Meech are out of options, and I don't think Kindl played to well in GR last year right? Let Kindl stay down for one more year.

I really doubt there is room for Chelios and Quincy on this roster. Maybe Cheli can stay on in a mentor role, working these guys out and showing them what they need to do to be successful. The fact he was a healthy scratch throughout the Finals speaks volumes, and Ericksonn and Meech need to start getting at least third pairing playing time at the NHL level.

He would be nice to keep, but he's been inconsistent his whole career, and hopefully that won't be the case with the wings, but no one can be sure. We have the young depth at the blue line that will allow to maintain a formidable defense with or without. I'd love to keep him, but if Stuart is looking for the most money, which will be a lot after his excellent play in the playoffs, I don't think the wings can keep him.

I think he will stay, As for the money and the worth, I think Kenny has proven he knows what he's doing. Stuart found how good he can be here, it clicks and I think he knows that. As far as the wife goes...well I go to L.A alot and I don't make anywhere near what that family makes. It won't be hard to go to and from for a few years. I just don't think she will complain all that much. (maybe just a bit) We will see him here next season IMO.

his wife loses custody if she leaves state. she ahd a previous divforce
I think mindfly was referring to the child that she just gave birth to recently... I was unaware that his wife had another child but you are right - they do have another one. Edited by Nero

As much as I'd love him to stay, I fear the simple fact that the Wins won the Cup will backfire in his desire to stay here. You couldn't ask for a better, more consistently-winning franchise to be a part of but now that he's got his name on the Cup, and with his desire to settle down, I see him signing a long-term contract out West. Call it a nasty hunch, because I'd love him to stay, but I think he'll get some cash, and make it a long-term deal so his family can be settled.

Here's hoping Kenny can reason with him, and explain how successful he'll continue to be playing the role he does on the Wings. He's not a top-2 guy, which makes him a perfect fit for Detroit. Here's hoping he sticks around.

I agree with everything you said here. As much as I'd like to see him return for a "discount" contract, I get the sense he's not too wild about the idea. Can't say I blame him, considering he just won the Cup and has a new child he needs to care for. If I were him, I'd want what he's almost inevitably going to ask for: lots of money, lots of years.

As I said in another thread, if he doesn't come back, I would expect Kenny to sign Brian Campbell.

Edited by Dabura

I really hope Stuart does come back, because he such an important part of this team. Recent interviews with him indicate that he might re-sign, so we'll see what happens.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Hey guys since this is a Stuart thread I had a few questions..(I'm not trying to hijack)

What do you guys think Brad will be looking for in terms of $$$?

On the open market, probly $3.5M to $4.0M, with Detroit, knock 500k off of that.