• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hallelujahlogic

ozzie

Rate this topic

Chris is and has always been a class act. There are seriously NO words to describe how much I love him.

I just watched the parade from Channel 4 that I recorded and Ozzie was emotional! He was like "When we won it I didn't get too emotional, but now seeing everyone out here, I had to wipe away a few tears." :( Then he got interviewed about 5 minutes later and he was like "I wanted to tell all the fans something, but it was way too loud so I'm going to say it right now." Then he looks into the camera and says "Thanks to all of you who have stood by and supported me the past 15 years, I love you so much."

Yeah. That pretty much made me cry.

WE LOVE YOU, OZZIE!!!!

Great guy :thumbup: and a great team!!

i just wanted to let everyone know who wasn't at the parade or the rally, or who left immediately afterward that even after every other member of the red wings organisation was gone, ozzie stayed out for about an hour and a half and signed pretty much every single object placed in front of him, and took pictures w/anyone who wanted them.

it was about 95 degrees outside, and he probably could've been off somewhere, probably in some nice air conditioning w/everyone else. we wouldn't have loved him any less. but instead, he chose to hang out w/the fans, and i'm not even joking he talked to EVERYONE and signed EVERYTHING. it was really something.

so, here's to chris osgood! a great goaltender, and a great guy!

I was fortunate to watch most of the parade streaming on the Net while I was at work and saw Osgood out there. I think it is a safe bet that pretty much all the players, understandbly so, were (or are) just worn the hell out from the congrats and all the celebrating and just want to go home and do nothing for a few days. Osgood could have easily done that after the parade/celebrating, but to see him stay out there for an extended time really has to make you love the guy even more. This takes absolutely nothing away from the other players as well obviously.

Regardless, here is to Osgood! :beerbuddy: :champs:

i just wanted to let everyone know who wasn't at the parade or the rally, or who left immediately afterward that even after every other member of the red wings organisation was gone, ozzie stayed out for about an hour and a half and signed pretty much every single object placed in front of him, and took pictures w/anyone who wanted them.

it was about 95 degrees outside, and he probably could've been off somewhere, probably in some nice air conditioning w/everyone else. we wouldn't have loved him any less. but instead, he chose to hang out w/the fans, and i'm not even joking he talked to EVERYONE and signed EVERYTHING. it was really something.

so, here's to chris osgood! a great goaltender, and a great guy!

I hate my life.

I really do. You HAVE got to be kidding me. My friend made me leave after the speeches. I wanted to stick around to try to get see if they would do anything special with the fans.

Without a doubt, Ozzie has been my guy since '96 when I started to watch hockey. I loved Steven, the Russians, Shanny, The Grind Line but I just has a "connection" with Osgood. Maybe it was the fact he was a goalie like me (although I did soccer - damn hockey was too pricey). Maybe because he was doubted a bit in the '98 playoffs and came out like an underdog.

As a kid I thought he was the best goalie ever. I like his awkward interviews, the strange things he says or does, his odd sense of humor, but really, I feel he is a really great guy. As a middle schooler, I cried when he left. I took it personally too. He was like my childhood and I know that's not a good reason to like a player but it's what I did. The best thing was when he came back. Throughout all the years, I would always stick up for the guy when someone bad mouthed him.

I'm no longer a kid. I can't be the "cute" child when asking for an autograph he can't refuse. I don't have all these crazy connections to the Wings. I don't live around him and see him walking the streets. I don't have his autograph or a picture with him and I certainly never met the guy.

He has improved SO much. He finally has respect. I love that guy and NOTHING makes me more happy then what he has become.

I just fear I'll never get to meet him.

Looks like it took 3 years, but it's finally happened....

When Oz was with the Isles, he was THE veteran leader on the Team. The Cup Winner. The Go-To guy. Period. He often spoke to the press, and to his teammates, about his time in Detroit, about his teammates there. And he always spoke with a level of respect almost approaching awe. I'm not kidding.....

His first game against the Wings, Yzerman scored in OT against him. When he was interviewed about Yzerman's move on him after the game, his comment was a barely audible whisper, "Stevie's deceptive like that...." His tone of voice was "How could you NOT know that....???"

When asked, throughout the Season, what it would take to get these young Isles:

On Track, or

Out of a slump, or

Into the Post-Season

His answers always, ALWAYS began with:

When I was in Detroit, or

When I played with Yzerman, or

When I was with the Wings

And always with that same longing awe in his voice. And in his eyes. Many Isles fans began to tire of him always talking about his days in Detroit, as though he just could never get over the fact that he was no longer a Red Wing. He couldn't hide it. No matter how much he enjoyed his time on Long Island. It was painfully obvious.

And so we see, today, the culmination of that which began three years ago, but was never fully realized.

Everything he took for granted in his first tour in Detroit. Everything he missed when he was gone. Everything he THOUGHT he'd regained when he came back in 2005, but never truly had again until Wednesday night, when the final buzzer sounded in Game 6 of the 2008 Stanley Cup Finals.

His Home. Not just "home", but "Home". Back were it all began. Back in the only place he's ever wanted to be. Back where he belongs.

Not only in Detroit. Not only in the Winged Wheel. More than that.....So much more....

Back in the hearts of Red Wings fans. The man they trust.....truly, TRULY trust......to be the last line of defense for the Team THEY live and die by. The one they believe in, as he's always believed in himself. THEIR goalie.

As the saying goes; "Number 30 in your Programs, Number 1 in your hearts...."

The "Ozzie! Ozzie!" chants the ultimate affirmation:

We love you too, Oz. Welcome Home.

I was one of the lucky people at Cheli's after the parade, and partied with Osgood until about 6pm. What can I say, greatest day of my life. I will post pics ASAP

When Oz was with the Isles, he was THE veteran leader on the Team. The Cup Winner. The Go-To guy. Period. He often spoke to the press, and to his teammates, about his time in Detroit, about his teammates there. And he always spoke with a level of respect almost approaching awe. I'm not kidding.....

His first game against the Wings, Yzerman scored in OT against him. When he was interviewed about Yzerman's move on him after the game, his comment was a barely audible whisper, "Stevie's deceptive like that...." His tone of voice was "How could you NOT know that....???"

On Track, or

Out of a slump, or

Into the Post-Season

And always with that same longing awe in his voice. And in his eyes. Many Isles fans began to tire of him always talking about his days in Detroit, as though he just could never get over the fact that he was no longer a Red Wing. He couldn't hide it. No matter how much he enjoyed his time on Long Island. It was painfully obvious.

And so we see, today, the culmination of that which began three years ago, but was never fully realized.

Everything he took for granted in his first tour in Detroit. Everything he missed when he was gone. Everything he THOUGHT he'd regained when he came back in 2005, but never truly had again until Wednesday night, when the final buzzer sounded in Game 6 of the 2008 Stanley Cup Finals.

His Home. Not just "home", but "Home". Back were it all began. Back in the only place he's ever wanted to be. Back where he belongs.

Not only in Detroit. Not only in the Winged Wheel. More than that.....So much more....

Back in the hearts of Red Wings fans. The man they trust.....truly, TRULY trust......to be the last line of defense for the Team THEY live and die by. The one they believe in, as he's always believed in himself. THEIR goalie.

I would have to think Osgood himself would agree with everything you just wrote as well.

On Track, or

Out of a slump, or

Into the Post-Season

Ok... so you basically said it...

I need to move closer to Detroit. I miss all the good stuff. From reading all the posts here, Ozzie has shown what being a true sportsman is all about.

Ozzie...Ozzie...Ozzie

I started watching hockey in 98 and I formed an attachment to Ozzie then. I was upset when he left Detroit and I was elated when he came back. I remember being at a game at the Tank when Ozzie was backup to Hasek. Ozzie was sitting away from the team, I assume because there wasn't enough room on the bench. I remember being angry at the fact that he seemed to be cast aside. (I know, probably not accurate, but it really was my feeling at the time). That day, as much as I loved seeing him in red and white, there was a part of me that wished Ozzie could play somewhere that would give him the chance to show how truly incredible he is. Today, I am so happy to know that place is in Detroit. It took awhile, but finally it has all come full circle. In my heart, Ozzie has always been a wing, and there are no words to express how proud of him I am. It takes a special person to overcome all that Ozzie has, and he deserves every bit of praise and acknowledgementthat he has received, and SO much more. Thanks Ozzie!

On Track, or

Out of a slump, or

Into the Post-Season

Wow..thanks for putting that into the words I could probably never find. That sums it up for me.

I have a funny story about Ozzie!

In 1997, I turned 21, so in true Detroit area fashion, I pretty much hit every bar and nightclub from Pontiac to Toledo. Then the Wings won the Cup in '97, and maybe a week afterwards, Ozzie and a couple other Wings were at a local nightclub.

Now I am tall, as we all know, Ozzie is not!

I went to use the restroom, and as I am going, I notice I am using the urinal, right next to the one Ozzie is using. No, I am not ***, but I look at him, then focus on not missing, then look back at him, and said something on the order of this, "ya know Ozzie, I can take ya in a fight!" In true fashion to his character and wit as we all have grown to love, he looked up at me and said, "yeah, but can you take on the whole bar!"

It was all good, even bought him a beer.

When he left the first time, I was pissed.........and was happy as hell when he resigned a few short years ago. He is a great player, great person, and an excellent character!

He will retire a Wing!

ozzie has always been a favorite of mine even when he wasn't with detroit i really hope he stays in detroit the rest of his career and it would be awsome when it came time for him to retire they won the cup so he would leave a stanley cup champion

Ozzie is a such a story of perserverance and a consumate teammate! I am so proud to be a Wings fan with character players like him.

Just thinking about Oz starting the playoffs on the bench and then replacing Hasek and taking us all the way to the Championship!... Wow! What a spectacular story...

Thank you for all you do Oz!

I remember when Oz left he said that he'd be back and not to give away his number. I always knew he'd be back. I never thought something like this would happen when we acquired Hasek. I knew Ozzie could have been #1 when Manny was handed the reigns...and then I knew he could be when we re-acquired Hasek...but everyone said he was washed up which all of us who stuck with him.. (there seems to be tons out of the woodwork now, but at the time it was a small handful).. knew that he wasn't. People who've followed him know what he did for the other teams in the interim of Hasek and Cujo.

The day he came back I remember I was running about and jumping around my house so excited that my favorite player had come back home, crying tears of joy...but even I didn't think he would be vindicated in such an awesome way. I knew he could, but he's so unassuming that he took his backup role....when he could have been a starter elsewhere...and you'd always see him before games smiling and laughing and being friendly.

Way to go, Ozzie! I'm so proud. You've always been #1 to me.

......even I didn't think he would be vindicated in such an awesome way. I knew he could, but he's so unassuming that he took his backup role....when he could have been a starter elsewhere...and you'd always see him before games smiling and laughing and being friendly.

You've nailed it there. Unbelievable. I don't think this Season and Play-Off run could've gone any better had it been SCRIPTED.

The moment he hit the ice in relief of Dom in Game 4 of the WCQ's, I couldn't help but say it out loud....

"This is it, Oz!" Part cheer, part prayer. "This is IT, Oz!"

To watch him take that opportunity, the opportunity which we, (as Oz fans), had hoped for but never TRULY believed he'd be given, and to see him sink his teeth into it, stubbornly, fiercely refusing to let it go.....

When the final buzzer sounded in Game 6, I had no real words. Nothing coherent. Plenty of emotions, though.....

Triumph! Victory! Vindication!

Pride. And Humility.

He spoke, minutes after the buzzer, about how he was able to do it.

I don't post here often, but anyone who remembers my infrequent posts will hopefully remember what I feel to be THE ultimate characteristic, what makes ME a fan of a particular Player. A fan for life. Above all else. Moreso than skill. Moreso than talent. Moreso than anything else.....As it was in '98, so it is in '08......

"Heart of a Lion, baby!"

Not just words then, and certainly proven to be more than just words now.

Truth. Gospel Truth.

You've nailed it there. Unbelievable. I don't think this Season and Play-Off run could've gone any better had it been SCRIPTED.

The moment he hit the ice in relief of Dom in Game 4 of the WCQ's, I couldn't help but say it out loud....

"This is it, Oz!" Part cheer, part prayer. "This is IT, Oz!"

To watch him take that opportunity, the opportunity which we, (as Oz fans), had hoped for but never TRULY believed he'd be given, and to see him sink his teeth into it, stubbornly, fiercely refusing to let it go.....

When the final buzzer sounded in Game 6, I had no real words. Nothing coherent. Plenty of emotions, though.....

Triumph! Victory! Vindication!

Pride. And Humility.

He spoke, minutes after the buzzer, about how he was able to do it.

I don't post here often, but anyone who remembers my infrequent posts will hopefully remember what I feel to be THE ultimate characteristic, what makes ME a fan of a particular Player. A fan for life. Above all else. Moreso than skill. Moreso than talent. Moreso than anything else.....As it was in '98, so it is in '08......

"Heart of a Lion, baby!"

Not just words then, and certainly proven to be more than just words now.

Truth. Gospel Truth.

I love your posts. They are always so right on.