• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
maltbymaniac

fallen cup

Rate this topic

Does anyone know if they will visit ALL the Cheli's chili bars this weekend? My husband and I are thinking of going to the one in Clinton township to celebrate our third anniversary! That would be sweet if they showed up there!

it generally gets dropped a couple of times a year..

it's already dented to hell

That's not from falling. That's from Pronger's elbows last season.

it generally gets dropped a couple of times a year..

it's already dented to hell

It's seen worse. They always fix it back up. No biggy.

More dents just add to the glory of the Cup. The thing gets bashed around every year and it's still here, over 100 years later.

I love it!

And does anyone else think Lebda has earned himself a long-term contract just by virtue of being hilarious entertainment?

More dents just add to the glory of the Cup. The thing gets bashed around every year and it's still here, over 100 years later.

I love it!

And does anyone else think Lebda has earned himself a long-term contract just by virtue of being hilarious entertainment?

as long as he remains bottom six, and doesn't prevent Erriccson from playing, I would have no problem with it! :)

same goes for Huds, although I would like to see him on 2nd line instead of Sammy.

as long as he remains bottom six, and doesn't prevent Erriccson from playing, I would have no problem with it! :)

same goes for Huds, although I would like to see him on 2nd line instead of Sammy.

Lebda is signed through the 09-10 season.

It's seen worse. They always fix it back up. No biggy.

Exactly.

That's what makes this trophy so great, the history behind the celebration.

We all know accidents happen but you still have to take care of the Cup and hold it in the regard it deserves.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

I can confirm, it was Brett Lebda that dropped the Cup. The damage was minimal, however the Cup Keeper guy had to take it for awhile and fix it. Kyle Quincey was the last guy with the Cup at Cheli's before it had to go to the hospital :D he told me the whole story. This summer is going to be the best ever!

My sister texted me to say that they had to take it in for repairs... not really sure if that can give an estimate of the damage.

Come on people, it's DETROIT. Aren't there 1000 Metal shops and mechanics every block that would be honored to take dents and dingers out of lord stanley's cup? (for a nominal fee, of course)

Guest LivingtheDream

Too bad Cindy Crosby wasn't there, he would have certainly DIVED to catch it.

The Cup is tough. It can take a hit.

Still, can you imagine the silent moment, the shame, the looks... I mean take the feeling of spilling something at a party on the hosts carpet and multiply it 10000000 times.