• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Holland to offer DMac a contract

Rate this topic

i just hope he isnt consistently in the starting 12.... we have younger...better players that could fill the role that he will provide...though i do think hed be great as a 13th or 14th forward

i'd like the lines to look something along the lines of this....

dats-z-homer

flip-franzen-huds

malts-drapes-cleary

helm-abdelkader-leino

kopecky

d-mac

Edited by timsummers

Bad news for Downey and his fans. But I'm not against signing McCarty to a one year contract, just to see his potential with an entire season under his belt. To be honest, I was impressed by the fact that he simply broke into the score sheet a couple times given the fact that he only played a handful of regular season games after a two year gap of nothing.

Bad news for Downey and his fans. But I'm not against signing McCarty to a one year contract, just to see his potential with an entire season under his belt. To be honest, I was impressed by the fact that he simply broke into the score sheet a couple times given the fact that he only played a handful of regular season games after a two year gap of nothing.

If hes being signed INSTEAD of Downey im gonna pissed off...

If I even hear the slightest hint of him being signed for any sort of enforcer reasons Im gonna kick off..

i just hope he isnt consistently in the starting 12.... we have younger...better players that could fill the role that he will provide...though i do think hed be great as a 13th or 14th forward

i'd like the lines to look something along the lines of this....

dats-z-homer

flip-franzen-huds

malts-drapes-cleary

helm-abdelkader-leino

kopecky

d-mac

Abdelkader playing over Kopecky? Don't think that will be happening next year, nor should it.

I know that most will not like this but I am very happy to hear this. I know some will say it is charity but I think Mac played pretty well. That and it is no secret i have been an avid supporter since he was in Flint. I think he fits in well and he is Detroit. As far as a full time member I think he should be most of time, we need an enforcer. I hope that Downey still has a chance. I did like him alot too.

Are you serious??? Was Holland watching the same games I was? Everytime he was out there (which was very limited) he took stupid, lazy penalties, the puck was mostly in our zone when he was out there. He completely SUCKS at the game of hockey, and he cannot fill the roll he is supposed to fill (being a enforcer). He better retire and stay in rehab.

Are you serious??? Was Holland watching the same games I was? Everytime he was out there (which was very limited) he took stupid, lazy penalties, the puck was mostly in our zone when he was out there. He completely SUCKS at the game of hockey, and he cannot fill the roll he is supposed to fill (being a enforcer). He better retire and stay in rehab.

Did you even watch game 4?

Please be a little more realistic....

Man go out as a Champ mac, retire and enjoy the rest of your life. Go open up a business with the money you made this year.

Mac didn't even make enough money this year to pay back his debts....besides who wants to own a business in this economy???

This guy broke the lineup with no training camp and a month of conditioning...

Give the man a contract, see what he can do next year!

The reason that this team has the players that we have for as long as we've had them and at the price we keep them is because of the way that Kenny and the Ilitch's treat their players. They are loyal to the end. D-Mac at least deserves the same treatment. If he is a liability he will be on the bench, just like he was in the finals. Babcock makes that decision, not Holland. Besides as DigitalJohn pointed out he played pretty well for taking a year off and not having a real training camp. Let's see if he can get himself in shape over the summer then make our final call. Everyone acts like the money is coming out of our pockets...D-Mac's contract isn't going to change the ticket prices one way or another.

i think its awsome Dmac has always been my favorite player and i'm real happy that hes back in the nhl and with the red wings but it would suck to lose downey b/c hes another awsome player even though he doesn't score goals but he backs up his team mates

take it easy on him he turned his life around and was givin a shot and it was halfway through the season he wasn't in the shape he could have been if he started the season with them he'll be better next year

I have to say I'm a bit skeptic about this, I sort of wished we wait till July 1st and go for Winchester.

but who am I to argue the best management team in business?

I have to say I'm a bit skeptic about this, I sort of wished we wait till July 1st and go for Winchester.

but who am I to argue the best management team in business?

I would prefer McGrattan if we had waited till free agency.

Downey is a great team guy and a great fighter and all, I dont' doubt that, but there is a reason why he didn't play a single playoff game. He is not that type of player, and he would have taken silly penalties too, all enforcers do. I want Downey to stay, but make no mistake, McCarty is more of a help playing 4 minutes in the playoffs than Downey would be playing 10. You have to take into consideration how much of a locker-room presence McCarty is, and how much he helps motivate on the bench as well.

Personally if we lose one of our assistant coaches here in the next couple of years to a head coaching position, I'd like to see McCarty take a chance in that kind of role beside Babs.