• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
metalwinger_13

Equipment sale

Rate this topic

The sale last year was around June 14 or 15th. My guess is that since the season ended a couple of weeks earlier last year, it might get pushed back this year to allow Paul Boyer & Co. time to sort things out before they throw open the doors. Also, don't expect more than a day or two notice before it happens. But I agree that it'll likely be a bigger zoo than normal this year. I was at the 2nd day of the sale last year (got a great deal on a well hammered Legace jersey and picked up a Booter for a friend), but people that went on Day 1 said they stood in line for a couple of hours before it started and stuff flew fast.

Current year game worn jerseys started at $250 for players like Bootland. "Regulars" started around $500, IIRC, with most closer to a grand, top liners were ~$1,500. Hasek's were $3,500. The only real "deals" they offered were unsold jerseys from two or more seasons ago. Game worn gloves were about the same prices as they sell them for the rest of the real at JLA. Most of the unused skates were gone when I got there, the deals seemed good, but not real eye-popping. Most new sticks were around $100 but we did pick up a new Howard goalie stick for $40. The best deal we found was the team issued RBK and CCM practice pants they were blowing out at $10 a set.

Edited by Gizmo

When I went to a game a couple years ago I bought a "used" Vapor XXX stick that said it was used by Jaimie Rivers but it was a Matt Schnieder stick. It was actually never used that I could tell, so I used it myself.

That doesn't have anything to do with the end of the year sale, but I thought I would share.

I've got some of my best personal equipment deals at JLA. My gloves are nice CCM pro models that Darren Helm used in prospect camp with little wear on them.... $50. My current stick is a game used Rafalski Mission Fuel that cost me $75. Before that I used a Jason Williams Vapor XXX that was $50.

Edited by Gizmo

Current year game worn jerseys started at $250 for players like Bootland. "Regulars" started around $500, IIRC, with most closer to a grand, top liners were ~$1,500. Hasek's were $3,500. The only real "deals" they offered were unsold jerseys from two or more seasons ago. Game worn gloves were about the same prices as they sell them for the rest of the real at JLA. Most of the unused skates were gone when I got there, the deals seemed good, but not real eye-popping. Most new sticks were around $100 but we did pick up a new Howard goalie stick for $40. The best deal we found was the team issued RBK and CCM practice pants they were blowing out at $10 a set.

I saw several of Liljas, Sammys, and Maltbys game-worns all for 400 or less. Liljas was actually only 200 bucks. I was tempted to add it to what else I had picked up, but declined.

Anyone get a crack at the playoff game-worn jerseys? Hank and Pashas jerseys were $4,500.

I ended up getting myself a game-worn Kronwall jersey for $500, rubber marks and all. I plan on getting it signed..

I saw several of Liljas, Sammys, and Maltbys game-worns all for 400 or less. Liljas was actually only 200 bucks. I was tempted to add it to what else I had picked up, but declined.

Anyone get a crack at the playoff game-worn jerseys? Hank and Pashas jerseys were $4,500.

I ended up getting myself a game-worn Kronwall jersey for $500, rubber marks and all. I plan on getting it signed..

I collect "game worns", and in that hobby the more "hammered" a jersey is the more it adds to the value. Also, getting the jersey signed on the material may actually lower its value. The idea is to preserve the jersey as it was used. Collectors will actually go out of their way to remove the Sharpie signatures from the material. If you want it signed, the "best" place is on the fight strap.

I've got some of my best personal equipment deals at JLA. My gloves are nice CCM pro models that Darren Helm used in prospect camp with little wear on them.... $50. My current stick is a game used Rafalski Mission Fuel that cost me $75. Before that I used a Jason Williams Vapor XXX that was $50.

Man, i wanted to try williams' stick, i got a couple of Mark Mowers sticks though and i am truly missing them, i wish they made his curve standard.

Do you find that they make you skate really really fast?

I wondered why suddenly my performance picked up!! ;)

Actually at the time I had no idea whose gloves they were or who Helm was. They have "43" written in Sharpie on the cuffs and were sold as "Miscellaneous". After I got home I did some research and found that it was Helm was had worn the "43" at the time.

Do you find that they make you skate really really fast?

I picked up the skates that (per equipment guy Paul Boyer) Zetterberg wore through the first three rounds of the playoffs. They are DEFINITELY used! However, my feet are far too big and I am old and need bilateral knee replacements, so I don't think I will skate faster with them.

Cool piece of nostalgia, though.

I picked up the skates that (per equipment guy Paul Boyer) Zetterberg wore through the first three rounds of the playoffs. They are DEFINITELY used! However, my feet are far too big and I am old and need bilateral knee replacements, so I don't think I will skate faster with them.

Cool piece of nostalgia, though.

How much did that cost ya?