• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miller76

Coaching Vacancies

Rate this topic

I am a little curious about certain coaching vacancies around the nhl. Now that the off season is officially here. I guess my biggest concern would be Todd McLellan leaving. There has been a lot of talk thus far about him being very interested in being a head coach. I have been hearing here and there about San Jose really being interested in him.

I guess when consistently being with a good team, and a Stanley Cup on your resume doesn't hurt your chances of getting the job you want.

Couple of Questions:

1. Do you think Todd McLellan is gone? Will it be SJ?

2. Will MacLean stay or will someone ****** him up too?

3. Who do you feel will fill the other vacancies around the league?

And the Bonus Question:

*** What currently employed coach, should be fired and why?

banner.jpg

I like McClellan a lot and am said to say that theres a good chance he'll go to San Jose, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they got Quennville. It would never happen, but if McClellan leaves I would LOVE to see Kocur come back.

Kocur was friends with Dave Lewis, and was not assoicated with Babcock's staff.

I'd love to see Probert become an assistant coach. Can you imagine him flipping out on the bench during a scrum? :D

We won the cup. Don't fix what ain't broken.

I don't think you fully understand the questions being posed.

Anyway, back to the original question - McLellan will get snapped up soon. He's got a great resume and while his NHL apprenticeship is pretty limited I still think he'll make a great head coach. I was actually very surprised when the Avs didn't have a go at him but instead went for... lol... Tony Granato. :lol:

I don't think you fully understand the questions being posed.

Anyway, back to the original question - McLellan will get snapped up soon. He's got a great resume and while his NHL apprenticeship is pretty limited I still think he'll make a great head coach. I was actually very surprised when the Avs didn't have a go at him but instead went for... lol... Tony Granato. :lol:

Thank you Doggy. I actually laughed out loud as well. I think Quinnevillle is a real long shot for SJ. I think Tortorella or McLellan end up there.

The Wings have given permission to teams to talk to the assistants. McLelland is interviewing with Atlanta and San Jose this week.

Classy move by the Wings, but not the right one. I wouldnt let McLelland go, but I guess there are enough coaches out there that if he were to leave, we'd have an easy time finding a replacement.

Coach Q would be great in San Jose. That way they're pretty much guaranteed to never beat us...

but yeah McLelland is unterviewing with San Jose and Atlanta. I think it's a good move by the Wings. If the assistant coaches want to do their own team, then why shouldn't they?

i imagine the same would be true of Jim Nill, but he doesn't actually want to go anywhere else.

the Red Wings brain trust is highly sought after by pretty much the entire league. I imagine they'res some big money out there if they wanted it.

Edited by Cicada

I just hope we don't sign Quenneville as one of our assistants, or else we can forget about repeating as champs.

Monkey's would fly out of my ass before that happens.

Anyone else a little nervous about San Jose? I know some people pick SJ every year, and it's old, but all they need is a great coach to get them to stop underperforming. And a workable defense.

Anyways, San Jose, we can all admit, will be a serious foe if they ever get their crap together. Let's hope they never find that missing puzzle piece.

Honestly guys, Quenneville isn't that bad.

He may not be a bad coach or guy, but he just seems to be a little to passive from what I have seen. When Babs and Granato got into it, he practically hid behind the bench. he didn't want the confrontation. He's a ******!

He may not be a bad coach or guy, but he just seems to be a little to passive from what I have seen. When Babs and Granato got into it, he practically hid behind the bench. he didn't want the confrontation. He's a ******!

I think he just wanted to remain in control. It doesn't take a hardass to jaw with someone on a bench. Anyone can do it. It's not like you have to be fearful of getting knocked out.

I think he just wanted to remain in control. It doesn't take a hardass to jaw with someone on a bench. Anyone can do it. It's not like you have to be fearful of getting knocked out.

Your probably right. He just acted like a scared little boy. I have a feeling he becomes an assistant in Toronto or some type of role like that.