• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Official: Hasek announces retirement

Rate this topic

haha, yeah

I wonder if Kolzig's agent is going to call Holland...

Kolzig... he uhh.. really wants to play for you guys

Poor Olie....Holland would probably tell him there's an opening in GR for him since Jimmy will be up full-time next year. :P

Dom was never a favorite of mine as a player, but you can tell just by how he composed himself when he was pulled in the playoffs that he is a great person in life. You cant help but love the guy. I for one was not a fan of his crazy goaltending style mainly because it gave me minor heart attacks everytime i saw him flopping around, but ill be damned since 9 out of 10 times his style worked wonders. He was a great player in his prime, and although he may have lost a step or two he still got to go out a champion...how many players get to say that? Now the only question is....will he stay retired for good haha. I think we all know holland would take him back just because of pure loyalty to his players... well Dom, if this is indeed your FINAL retirement allow me to say:

Thank you for all the energy your brought to the game, than you for the two stanley cups you helped bring us, thank you for staying classy and becomming one of hte most unselfish team players i have ever seen, thank you for your crazy style of hockey and your Gaborik-flipping slides...and yes, thank you for ALLLL the minor heart attacks that your game has brought to all of us! You are truly one of the greats, and defiently one of a kind (in style of play, and in life). I hope you have as much success off the ice as you did on the ice. Good luck, thank you, and congrats on a great and meaningful career.

TBH, it really looks as though he's at peace with his decision. He's been smiling the entire time he's been on stage.

I think he realized his reflexes aren't what they used to be. This past year it looked to me as if Hasek was actually baffled when certain shots ended up in the net.

I think he realized his reflexes aren't what they used to be. This past year it looked to me as if Hasek was actually baffled when certain shots ended up in the net.

Agreed, and thats what I meant by my original comment.

To piggy-back on to what you were saying, he just didn't seem to be seeing the puck well as the year winded down. It's no knock on him, but that's just what will end up happening when playing the game at that level for so long.

Kenny Holland was just on 97.1..

said Hasek told him he would retire on Thursday.

also said that he believe Jimmy Howard is NHL ready but will talk with others before he makes a decision.

He said his priority is to sign Babcock, and then Stuart, the the RFA's. No mention of Lilja or Chelios.

He also said that he was not against getting 'agressive' on July the 1st, but had a lot of big contracts to sort out next year.

Kenny Holland was just on 97.1..

He also said that he was not against getting 'agressive' on July the 1st, but had a lot of big contracts to sort out next year.

Just as long as that doesn't mean he want to get yet another goalie... Be agressive in some other category Kenny.. knock your socks off... don't eff with the goalie situation... it works!

Well, this wasn't exactly a surprise, but I think he has more than earned his place in hockey history and will be remembered for many years after his playing days are over as one of the best goaltenders to ever face a shot.

Thanks for the memories Mr. Hasek,

I had hoped he and Osgood would team up for another season and split the duites as I think it allowed both of them to be fresh for the SC. I think you see others team limit their number 1 during the regular season after seeing the success of Hasek/Osgood. Just look at NJ. I don't think you'll see Brodeur play that number of games in a season again. (likewise for the rest of the league)

Thanks for the memories Dom and all of the scares when you would wander a tad too far from your net. It's been a pleasure watching one of the best goalies ever here in Detroit. I was so impressed with Dom after Ozzie took over in the playoffs. What a great teammate, and a champion again no less.

Good luck Dom. You will be missed.