• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Official: Hasek announces retirement

Rate this topic

didnt get get to see the feed, but from I it sounded like a nice farewell. Not really a suprise either i figured this was going to happen even before the playoffs started. Then he was pulled after a not so hasek like performance in the playoffs.

Gonna miss you Dom,

I think he could have gone another year as backup, but it's probably best that he didn't. His age and injury history really showed this year. Plus, Howard is ready to come up next season.

Thanks for everything, Dom. Best of luck to you. :)

Glad to see Hasek going out on-top as a champion, he's been one his whole career. Next stop for Hasek? In a hall at Toronto.

Could really spend all day talking about how great of a goalie he was, will never see one like him again that's for sure, which is also a testament to his character. Luckily we got to watch him play for quite some time with the Wings.

Cheers

*edit* And just for Loo; Hasek is lazy and he sucks™

Edited by dallas27

never was a fan of Dom, but how can you argue with 6 Vezinas and 2 Harts? He was a great goalie, but I am happy to see him go. The past couple years he has just looked a beat slow and his flopping style needs someone who is youger to be able to pull it off consistently. Congrats on a great career though. Too bad we only got to see him on the back end of it.

My best memory of Dom would be in the 2002 western Conference Finals against the dives. We were down 3 games to 2 and Dom not only beat them in two straight, but didn't allow a goal. He pretty much said I want my name on that damn cup!! I honestly don't think I have ever seen a goaltender do that! also the Gaborik flip this year was a very close second! Thanks for all of your hardwork, you made a difference onm this team and without you last season, we don't get past Calgary in the first round!! GOOD LUCK DOM!!!

My favourite goalie since I started watching hockey to this day, I was ecstatic when he came to the Wings (both times)

.....outstanding career, I wish him the best

sidenote: IMO its a shame to see that 83% of the votes on the TSN poll have Roy ahead of Hasek.... but this is not the place to discuss this matter :lol:;)

OH NO! Dom is the only reason I stayed awake during those games against Minny! He made watching that much more exciting and interactive as well! (I loved to ***** and swear at him for leaving his net and doing all the crazy s*** he does). Thanks for everything Dom! Enjoy your retirement.

OH NO! Dom is the only reason I stayed awake during those games against Minny! He made watching that much more exciting and interactive as well! (I loved to ***** and swear at him for leaving his net and doing all the crazy s*** he does). Thanks for everything Dom! Enjoy your retirement.

I don't get all the people who are glad hasek is retiring. He was 4th last season in GAA and i'm sure if babcock let him finish the nashville series we would've won it in the end. It seemed to me him and ozzie were pushing each other to be better. Now that hasek is gone ozzie is the number 1 guy no matter what. I'd rather have a repeat of this year's situation than having howard back up ozzie. If ozzie struggles, who's gonna step in to save us?

its jimmy's turn. he has been waiting for 3-4 years for a spot to open up. Dom is old... ancient for a goalie, and he is not going to get better. We saw that in the nashville series when he gave up some soft goals. He had a brilliant career, but in all honesty, he saw the writing on the wall. He just cannot do it at this level anymore, and he admitted that he isn't motivated anymore. Welcome to Detroit, Jimmy, your time has come. Show us what you got.