• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Lord Stanley's Summer Tour 2008

Rate this topic

Lily pad goes ripoff? :P

as far as i'm aware it was Lilja's idea first...

i remember reading AGES ago that he was planning on baptising his kids in the cup, maybe before we even won it.

the Holmstrom thing was much more recent, but obviously done first since he got the cup first.

wow, I think that Lilja's idea about baptizing his kids using the cup is pretty cool. Kinda original, I mean mostly you just hear about children and babies sitting in the cup, but this is pretty cool.

I was @ Filppula's public Stanley Cup celebration yesterday,only a few hundred people turned up(Selanne got thousands),but it was a nice little occasion.

I did get to touch the Cup,there goes my chance of ever winning it! :lol:

Took some photos too,I'll post them later.

These are from Finnish media:

1563466_1_400_filppula2.jpg

kansiseonsiinaAML_410_ur.gif

kannuPJR_410_jk.jpg

Look at all the little Fins. (Completley none-racist coment) ... But they all look the same. Haha, did they all change their hair to be the same color as Filps. Very Nice.

I thoughts the exact same thing. they all look alike. I think its the hair.

i heard brad stuart gets the cup this weekend and is taking it too rocky mountain house (40 min from where i live) anyway to confirm this as if it is true i might drive over

It's true. Top of this page has a PDF with the details.

Edited by hankzet40

They just showed the Cup on TV during the Cubs game at Wrigley Field. I dont know if a player has it there, maybe Scotty has it, or if its just being used as a promotional piece for the Winter Classic, but they were talking like the Hawks would be enjoying it next summer haha...

They just showed the Cup on TV during the Cubs game at Wrigley Field. I dont know if a player has it there, maybe Scotty has it, or if its just being used as a promotional piece for the Winter Classic, but they were talking like the Hawks would be enjoying it next summer haha...

saw on freep.com that Cheli was there, don't know about Brett Lebda though, he might of also been there.

77.jpg

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...=nletter-sports

Edited by hokeychik22

I live in Northern Il. Huge wings fan I don't know if this will work try nwherald.com local section page 7 Brett Lebda had the cup in a town ten minutes from me,it's a very small town there has been rumours of him living there over the summer kinda surprising Wonder lake is kinda of a dump i'll try to get the picture up,had buddies at cubs game they still lov Cheli