• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Sharp: Wings should retire Hasek's "39"

Rate this topic

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...064/1048/sports

:lol:

This just in, the Red Wings are also going to retire the numbers of other NHL greats that have recently done a handful of seasons with the club: Brett Hull, Luc Robitaille, Borje Salming, et al...

I really, really hope he was joking about this, or at least the sole reasoning behind it was so dolts like me post a thead about it. :unsure:

I just read this and laughed too. I can't believe he'd suggest that. Yeah he's one of the greats but we're not freaking Colorado here and he's not Ray Borque. Honestly, Dom will be in the HHOF and probably will go in as a Wing b/c he won 2 cups - but no way do the Wings retire his number.

Oh Drew, don't write about hockey anymore..

Wow. I'm one of the biggest Hasek fans around and even I wouldn't suggest that.

Same here. Although I originally said that Buffalo should do it, I'd consider him more of a Wing than a Sabre. 2 cups in 3 years..that's pretty good. I guess I wouldn't have a huge problem with it, but just don't really see it happening.

Man I hate Drew Sharp.

He is either extremely negitive, or extremely ignorant.

Sometimes he is both.

Serriously if one cup was all it took to get your number retired, then we wouldn't have any numbers left.

If you want to have a real discussion about retiring numbers, let us talk about Draper or Osgood. There is a debate there, here is just a man who doesn't watch hockey or know anything. Go back to complaining about the Lions Drew.

how drew sharp has a job (or Millen for that matter) is beyond me. Personally, his appeal has been shock appeal. Anything to drive up print sales and webpage hit, I guess.

I agree Buffalo should retire #39, but not the Wings.

as perhaps the most devoted Dom fan ever, I would say that Drew is off-base to suggest that Dom's number be retired in Detroit. Maybe give it a little rest for a while, with respect to Dom's contributions to the two Cup wins...

#39 should hang in the rafters in Buffalo, that is where Dom was the backbone and franchise player who put that team on the radar every year of his near-decade of playing there.

Nick's number is the only one I can see being retired in Detroit, when the time comes.

Guest redwingsfan04

HELLS NO! lol maybe ozzy but hasek has only been with the team for a short period of time

Is this a joke? Seriously. Of the current Wings, Lidstrom only as of now. IF, and I mean IF, we happen to win a couple more cups in the next few years behind Osgood, he could make a case. TEN years from now, we MIGHT say something about Datsyuk and/or Zetterberg. But Jersey retirement is a very, VERY serious thing. As of now, Lidstrom, period.

no no, no no no. I think Hasek was a detrimental part to the Wings success over the past years, but definitely not worthy of having his name up with the likes of Howe and Yzerman.

Besides, living in Denver, I can get an Av's fan to give a real reason why they retired Bourque's number. Then I would be in the same boat. :ranting:

Well, I would at least give it a semi retirement, (nobody else gets to use it) and I bet thats what will probably happen since I can't think of any other players that have the 39 as their number.

If this was Buffalo then yes. But as long as Harry Lumley and Roger Crozier do not have their numbers retired than by no means should Hasek.

Three years should never get a number retired. Even if it is Gretzky.