• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

djohns74

Zetterberg just left my office

Rate this topic

My company interviewed him this morning on behalf of an equipment vendor and I'll be working on a website featuring him and using video from the interview in the near future. I met him briefly, shook his hand, congratulated him on the win and the MVP and got a puck signed. He just looks like a normal guy when he's standing right in front of you, especially in his Cubs t-shirt and Tigers hat! :lol: He's a lot smaller in person than you'd expect, but I guess that's true of a lot of hockey players what with all the equipment you normally see them in.

I wasn't in the interview itself, but I guess it went very well and he appeared to have fun with it from the handful of stills I've seen so far. The vendor requested that he bring the Conn Smythe trophy with him, but he unfortunately doesn't have it. Apparently, the actual trophy goes back to the league pretty quick and the winner gets a replica to keep, but of course it's too soon for him to have that at this point.

Obviously, I couldn't mention this or give any details in advance (I found out about it over the weekend), but I just felt like I *had* to say something here. :D

Wow, sounds like a day to remember! Lucky you!

Reminds me of one time I met Forsberg on an airport. Congratulated him on the playoff scoring title that year (02) and got his autograph on my plane ticket :cool:

Wow, sounds like a day to remember! Lucky you!

Reminds me of one time I met Forsberg on an airport. Congratulated him on the playoff scoring title that year (02) and got his autograph on my plane ticket :cool:

When you shook his hand did he take a dive?

Awesome man.

And yes, hockey players mingle among us plain folk. It's not unheard of for celebrities to be seen in places where "normal" people go. I've had people tell me that they've seen Lids and Hank at Starbucks and grocery stores and places like that before...why can't they go where everyone else goes? If Hank wants a good juicy steak but doesn't have time to go out to eat, I'm sure he'll swing by Meijer or another store and get one. It's not unheard of.

No pic, no believy.

/fail

Hockey players aren't Gods that occasionally appear from the skies above. They are human just like the rest of us. I don't see what is there not to believe about the story. I guess it's up to you whether you want to believe it or not but it just shows how negative of a person you are :P I don't see why anyone would lie about something like that, if they do then it's a big waste of time because they'd only be fooling themselves in the end.

I have no high rank or anything in this forum to be saying this, but I say we should have less pessimism and more optimism going on around here. We did just bring the cup home after all ;D

Cheers to all

Yeah, meeting him was pretty cool for sure, but my boss got to actually interview him! If we'd done this on Sunday as we'd planned originally, there would have been fewer people around and I probably would have gotten to work with him directly, but our conference room was pretty packed as it was and I had no reasonable excuse to be in there (I was trying to come up with one!). Still, it was neat to see him just walking around our office. We're talking about getting a couple more players in here at some point, but I have no idea when and I don't think the names will get any bigger than Hank, to be honest.

No pic, no believy.

/fail

Man you don't even exist here until training camp starts mr have a nice summer I'm not watching them loose another 1st round to a last place team. (intermission OT call vs preds)

Awesome man.

And yes, hockey players mingle among us plain folk. It's not unheard of for celebrities to be seen in places where "normal" people go. I've had people tell me that they've seen Lids and Hank at Starbucks and grocery stores and places like that before...why can't they go where everyone else goes? If Hank wants a good juicy steak but doesn't have time to go out to eat, I'm sure he'll swing by Meijer or another store and get one. It's not unheard of.

My parents can certainly attest to that. They lived in Edmonton during the dynasty years, in a small city like that they'd always spot Messier or Gretzky at the supermarket or in line at the bank. Now we live about a five minute drive away from Mike Vernon's house (Calgary), but I've yet to spot him.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
That's cool. Your lucky. It would be awesome if I ever met Hank or Pavs or any of the Red Wings.

If you live in the Novi/Northville Area Go to lifetime fitness. I've seen Filpulla, Maltby, Datsyuk and Holmstrom there.

Also novi in general is a hotspot. I used to live within a mile of both Franzen and Lidstrom, and dre bly for all you lion fans.