• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

Why is everyone against Sundin?

Rate this topic

I'm not against signing Sundin. I'm all for it, actually -- as long as he agrees to a one-year deal. If he wants more than that he can go elsewhere because Zetterberg and Franzen are the team's priorities long term. If he is willing to accept a one year deal, I have no idea why anyone wouldn't want him. This guy is Drake in terms of hunger for a Cup with ten times the skill. Franzen and Sundin on the second line?

I'm not against signing Sundin. I'm all for it, actually -- as long as he agrees to a one-year deal. If he wants more than that he can go elsewhere because Zetterberg and Franzen are the team's priorities long term. If he is willing to accept a one year deal, I have no idea why anyone wouldn't want him. This guy is Drake in terms of hunger for a Cup with ten times the skill. Franzen and Sundin on the second line?

Exactly, everyone is calling for a guy to replace Drake, Sundin would be awesome. I've heard names like Owen Nolan. As long as it's a one year deal, why not get Sundin?

Regardless of who gets signed, I hope Kenny looks for a forward that can crack our top two lines. In all seriousness, the Red Wings have been a one-line team ZDH, where the very same guys are expected to carry much of the PP and PK time as well.

Guest mindfly

If Sundin wants to win the cup he will try and sign for detroit, money is not an issue he can probably go for a 3-5M$, and he will most likely only sign one-year-contract because he will retire when he gets that cup, he wont sign two-four year contracts, why the hell do you even think that?

Heck, he might even like Ron Wilson and stay in Toronto but will miss the chance to win the cup.

Regardless of who gets signed, I hope Kenny looks for a forward that can crack our top two lines. In all seriousness, the Red Wings have been a one-line team ZDH, where the very same guys are expected to carry much of the PP and PK time as well.

eh franzen has established himself as a top sixer now

so the 2nd line in filp-franzen-(forward) which isn't bad really

I think the reason he wouldn't go to Montreal is becuase he'd have to play against Toronto several times in the year, if he comes to Detroit he only has to play Toronto once, maybe twice. We have a lot of salary cap space but it could disappear very fast if we have to start matching offer sheets for Filppula.

I would rather throw a one-year $5-6 million deal at Sundin than sit on it all year and possibly waste it on a rental at the deadline and lose draft picks and prospects along with it.

I'm not sure who else out there would accept a one year deal... which is all the Wings can really offer at this point.

Why are we against him?

Cause his first name is plural... how f***ed up is that? we don't need no split personalities on our team!

Guest mindfly
Why are we against him?

Cause his first name is plural... how f***ed up is that? we don't need no split personalities on our team!

Mats ain't plural in swedish :rolleyes:

Edited by mindfly

Dallas and Montreal will be hard after Sundin. If Pittsburgh can find the cap space (and they might be able to), they'll take a run at him. I wouldn't be surprised to see Washington jump in there, too. Sundin-Ovechkin could be downright lethal.

What it looks like will happen is that if Sundin decides that he's going to sign with another team, he will let the Leafs know in the next week-to-10 days. The Leafs will give him permission to speak to all 29 teams and when he agrees to terms with one, that team will trade for Sundin's rights.

No one would disagree with picking up Sundin after we did, hes amazing and if anyone disagrees they are not a real hockey fan.. Before that though, me, myself and I would rather keep Stuart then pick up Matts, but thats just me. (if cap could be kept.)

Edited by U.P.Wingsfan

We need to pick someone up. Playing Dallas, Colorado, etc., it was clear their teams were simply missing something. If they stack up any more in the offseason the Wings need to do something to counter their move. Don't get complacent!

With every passing days, I think the chance of Sundin staying put in Toronto increases.

IMO It's good that he wants to make decision now because he would stay in Toronto 99% if he had whole summer to think about.

The thing is, there are 29 other teams that are going to be making fixes in the off-season, and if we just sit around, one of these teams may just sneak past us in terms of skill. People have expressed concern that if Drake retires, we may loose some of that competitive hunger for the cup, and others have complained about the inconsistencies in our second line scoring. Furthermore, others were dissapointed in the fact that we had a full $5M in capspace going into the playoffs that went to waste.

I'm not looking at next year as fixing something that "ain't broke". I'm looking at it more as keeping ahead of the competition, something I think Sundin would be a perfect fit for.

Have you checked out the UFA pool lately? Unless Dallas or San Jose find some way to sang Hossa, there isnt any team that is going to be so much better than Detroit that it would be a cause for worry.

IMO our best additions are Kronwall and Franzen coming into their own. Thats a big improvement itself.

I do have to disagree when people say the guy is washed up, Matts is still putting up big numbers, and isn't even playing with the greatest players either. I think we would see something special between him and Franzen. So if Kenny could make the right deal happen, im all aboard.

You really think Sundin would go to Montreal after all this time in Toronto?

You have a point. I don't think that would come into play though. I also don't think he will go to Montreal. I think Hossa is going to sign there and I don't think they will land both Sundin and Hossa.