• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

Why is everyone against Sundin?

Rate this topic

Anyone who actually believes Sundin would go to Montreal is dilusional. He's stated pubicly many times he'd never play for them. Plus, if it came down to 6 million dollars on a 1 year deal with Detroit or a 10 million dollar per year 2 year deal from Dallas, and he chose Dallas, then he wasnt destined to win a cup. While I'd have rather seen the guy win one with Toronto because he's been the face of the franchise for years, I'd 100% want him to win it with my favorite team. I just think he'll re-up with Toronto.

Anyone who actually believes Sundin would go to Montreal is dilusional. He's stated pubicly many times he'd never play for them. Plus, if it came down to 6 million dollars on a 1 year deal with Detroit or a 10 million dollar per year 2 year deal from Dallas, and he chose Dallas, then he wasnt destined to win a cup. While I'd have rather seen the guy win one with Toronto because he's been the face of the franchise for years, I'd 100% want him to win it with my favorite team. I just think he'll re-up with Toronto.

Like when Chelios said he'd never play for Detroit?

Like when Chelios said he'd never play for Detroit?

Thats a different situation. Mats isnt looking to continue his career in another location. Hes looking for one more year. Max two years. Not to mention, Chelios was coming to an established team loaded with talent that had tons of money to offer and a roster poised to win the cup. And the Detroit-Chicago rivalry in 2001 is NOTHING compared to what the Montreal-Toronto rivalry was and still is. Chelios also wasnt a Hawk from the beginning, let alone the face of the franchise for the past 15 years.

Its very much a different situation.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Boy - I'm sure Cheli gets pretty :blush: in the face when asked about that foolish comment...Lucky for him the Red Wings aren't the Blackhawks, & hold personal grudges.

:rolleyes:

The Red Wings can do no wrong... we're so classy blah blah blah

On the contrary...Holland, & Co. messed up when they brought Dom back after he retired, & Cujo was our #1 guy.

I'm sorry, but with the performance Hasek gave in the 2002 playoffs, I have a hard time seeing how it was a mistake to bring Hasek back over Joseph. Hasek is significantly better than Joseph, and was a proven winner. It was unfortunate he got injured, and it's easier to say after the facts that it was a mistake. It wasn't a mistake at the time, regardless of how awkward it was for Joseph to be signed to Detroit. It's all about having the best chance to win, and Hasek (if he stayed healthy) probably would have given the Wings a better chance to win.

Well, Zetterberg doesn't see it happening:

Red Wings defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom would love to see Mats Sundin in Detroit. But Henrik Zetterberg told the Toronto Sun: "My gut says he'll be back with the Leafs."
Edited by katiephd

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
On the contrary...Holland, & Co. messed up when they brought Dom back after he retired, & Cujo was our #1 guy.

i was being sarcastic.... everyone acts like the wings brass is so much better than everyone else. yeah were classy but were not ******* perfect