• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hillbillywingsfan

ESPN takes shots at Detroit sports teams

Rate this topic

What I don't understand is how, now that we won a Stanley Cup, its gonna be a rocky road for awhile, considering we are gonna pretty much have the same team for the next few years but with minor changes as the years progress.

What I don't understand is how, now that we won a Stanley Cup, its gonna be a rocky road for awhile, considering we are gonna pretty much have the same team for the next few years but with changes as the years progress that will make us even better.

fixed for reality :cool:

You know what I hate about this ass? I hate that Detroit is getting beat on from all angles. Our economy sucks, our jobs are fading, all the auto giants are leaving or left. More plants close every other month. More people lose thier homes everyday. Every block has an empty home and not just the city but the burbs too. All we have to be excited about is our sports. In today's unsuraties, we know the Wings will play. The Lions will play. The Tigers will play. The Pistons will play. Assurdly some will fail but some will win. Championships, Conference finals, Playoff's, even a regular season will give us a jump. A shining hope that things may get better. On the week following a huge victory, bringing the Stanley Cup home again all this puke has to say is that tomorrow is going to be grim. Well Nastradamus, thank you for attempting to piss in our Kool-aid but we already drank it all and patiantly awaiting the next Tigers game. We look forward to the Wings owning the League again next season. We look forward to the future of the Pistons. Yes, Nancy Drew, we even look forward to the Lions playing on Thanksgiving Day in the fall. So nice attempt, now kindly please return your head to your butt.

You know what I hate about this ass? I hate that Detroit is getting beat on from all angles. Our economy sucks, our jobs are fading, all the auto giants are leaving or left. More plants close every other month. More people lose thier homes everyday. Every block has an empty home and not just the city but the burbs too. All we have to be excited about is our sports. In today's unsuraties, we know the Wings will play. The Lions will play. The Tigers will play. The Pistons will play. Assurdly some will fail but some will win. Championships, Conference finals, Playoff's, even a regular season will give us a jump. A shining hope that things may get better. On the week following a huge victory, bringing the Stanley Cup home again all this puke has to say is that tomorrow is going to be grim. Well Nastradamus, thank you for attempting to piss in our Kool-aid but we already drank it all and patiantly awaiting the next Tigers game. We look forward to the Wings owning the League again next season. We look forward to the future of the Pistons. Yes, Nancy Drew, we even look forward to the Lions playing on Thanksgiving Day in the fall. So nice attempt, now kindly please return your head to your butt.

:clap: Honestly, that almost made me tear up.

God, I hate the cheap shots at Michigan/Detroit. I'll never, ever understand what's so freaking funny about a failing economy. And now this.

An friend acquaintance of mine, who is an Avs fan, tried to convince me today that the Wings will have to be sold someday because there will eventually not be enough money to keep them in Detroit. "F*ck you," is all I had to say to him.

An friend acquaintance of mine, who is an Avs fan, tried to convince me today that the Wings will have to be sold someday because there will eventually not be enough money to keep them in Detroit. "F*ck you," is all I had to say to him.

With high gas prices, once the big 3 figure out how to make better cars that run on something other than Oil, Detroit will be back. With the way things are going, that could be soon.

With high gas prices, once the big 3 figure out how to make better cars that run on something other than Oil, Detroit will be back. With the way things are going, that could be soon.

This is more "Water Cooler" chat, but one Chevy plant in Detroit or Ohio will be producing the Volt eventually.

yeah I read the comments in the Detroit papers today. The only reason this idiot wasted his time writing a negative article is he's JEALOUS. Maybe he is from Cleveland or Philly? <_<

Maybe he would like to tell us what city has MORE championships in the last 15-20 years? Possibly Boston - but Detroit is a great city to be a sports fan. And for those of us who've moved - we still cheer for all the D-town teams.

I surely hope Jay Leno doesn't beat up on Detroit when he as Lids/Oz/Cup on - he made some lame outdated remarks about Detroit burning down the city after we won the Cup already. Too bad Mac won't be there to pop him in the face on national tv....

Anyways, who cares what this A$$ hole thinks - I'd like to see him meet face to face with a Detroit althete and tell this to them to their face... :o

I don't think your acquaintance understands how economics works

This article has to make me wonder if this guy was secretly beat up by a Detroiter or Michigander in high school. Even if everything this guy says is 100% true and we are in for a rocky ride I have to ask. What would prompt a sports magazine to blatantly attack a city for no reason? There's no current rivalry, this isn't a retort. It's a unprevoked attack and an unnecessary one at that. It doesn't even make good business sense. People in any other state could care less about the article and those of us that have lived or do live in Michigan are outraged by it. So did including this article sell a single copy of their magazine? I think not. It may have increased traffic to their page for the time being, but I for one could give a f*** less what they were selling on the top of the page banner ads.

Well I have a simple response!! we WILL just keep proving them wrong!! Because we all know that what Detroiters do best, and that is proving people wrong!! sure the Lions have not been anything close to good in 15 years, but the Wings, Pistons and Tigers, Michigan Wolverines, Michigan State Spartans all have won championships within the last 15 years!! I personally don't think that much is going to change! This is probably the same tool that said the Wings weren't big enough and weren't deep enough!! Just like the Pistons couldn't beat Shaq and Kobe, or the Tigers not getting to the Playoffs in 2006! I could go on and on, but I don't think I need to!! So lets just keep pissing these people off, and keep on doing what we've been doing, and that would be WINNING!! Everyone can't wait to drive that final nail in the Detroit/Michigan coffin, but the truth is the casket hasn't been built and never will be!!! :thumbup: