• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

Let's Bring Back Markov

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson
I'd rather have markov over chelios

Chelios will be a depth D-man this year. Markov would not accept that role, nor would he be worth it for the cost, nor would it be worth it to spend money on him

Anyway, I don't understand your logic. The rotation went as such.

Markov in lineup: No Cup.

Markov hits the road after asking for way too much money: Cup.

No thanks, put Ericsson or Cheli in that spot.

He wanted his money over the cup and guess what he got his money, guess what he didn't get:

THE CUP!!!!

Slam-dunk post of the week.

I agree. I was very impressed with Derek Meech when the Wings were here in Buffalo. I'd love to see a rotation of Chelios/Ericsson/Meech/Quincey (should he/they stay) for the 6th man. Chelios will be a great mentor to these guys, and I see more potential in them then Brett Lebda, who may only fill the role of speedy D who improves on his outlet pass and puck control through traffic.

Not a single mention of Ulf Samuellson. For shame. My brother actually bought his Wings jersey after the deadline, the dumb bastard.

Could have been worse: I bet those Wendell Clark jerseys were selling like hotcakes.

at least he can re use it now!

I liked Markov alot, but of course there's no room for his salary. Holland is right now asking for Stuart to take less than what he'd get elsewhere. The team needs room for forthcoming upgrades in the salaries of Zetterberg and Franzén. Plus, like many here mentioned, Red Wings have so many defensemen already.

Danny and Andrei aren't brothers. Neither are all Smiths in USA.

I would LOVE to bring Hatcher back!

The man could not even fill out his USA Hockey Registration Insurance 2 years ago for his kid or himself for an assistant coach.... And he could not follow instructions that he had to wear a helmet when he was on the ice (Arena's rules and plus adults are being role models for kids - safety)....

Those events make me say no....

I liked Markov. If he wanted to come back for a lower price than what he made before, why not? However I think it is safe to say that is slim-none in happening since he left to play for more money in Russia.

I don't think it's much of a "bridges have been burned" scenario to where he snubbed Detroit or stabbed the Wings in the back, far from it, but if he took more money to play in a different continent, what makes you think he would take an even bigger pay cut to return to the NHL?

I would LOVE to bring Hatcher back!

i think hatcher is awsome he was one of my favorites but hes getting old and getting to slow i think it would almost be like having another lilja no offense to lilja

Guest Crymson
No way. I'd rather give one of the kids a shot.

Exactly. I don't want us to lose a serious part of our future.

Anyway, there are CERTAINLY!!! better defensemen for the price than Markov. Really, I don't get the obsession with the guy. He's not, in fact, notably physical--he laid down maybe two good hits last season (which is about ten less than Kronwall laid down in the playoffs alone) and he seems to have garnered the 'physical' tag exclusively from his hit on Stoll--he's horrible offensively, and he's frequently lazy.

Why on earth do we need the guy? Because he laid down one big hit and slapped the glass in Anaheim? I don't get the obsession some people here have with signing players purely because they played here before, especially players who were here one season and didn't make any notable contributions.

Edited by Crymson

^^^

yes you're right markov had a terrible season here I can't believe anyone would even consider him its so obvious how bad he was

No way. I'd rather give one of the kids a shot.

which one can step into the 2nd pairing at the moment

Edited by omnipotent_hudler

Why on earth do we need the guy? Because he laid down one big hit and slapped the glass in Anaheim?

Does anyone want to tell me what happened there? I only know that it's something worth mentioning here, but not worth posting a video on Youtube.

Guest Crymson
^^^

yes you're right markov had a terrible season here I can't believe anyone would even consider him its so obvious how bad he was

He did not have an overly wonderful season, no. It was not notable.

which one can step into the 2nd pairing at the moment

This is a discussion for the 3rd pairing. 2nd pairing of Kronwall and Lebda/Stewart is good for me. Rotate Quincy and Ericsson in the 3rd pairing.

This is a discussion for the 3rd pairing. 2nd pairing of Kronwall and Lebda/Stewart is good for me. Rotate Quincy and Ericsson in the 3rd pairing.

i was saying if stuart left, which is looking very likely at the moment.

Lebda in the second pairing? god...

He did not have an overly wonderful season, no. It was not notable.

hah ok

he was solid

Edited by omnipotent_hudler